2024 Presidential Race

I didnt answer this earlier that you brought up in your whatchaboutism retort.

Yes, Kamala's tax policies suck. The unrealized gains is the dumbest shat ever. The grocery price controls is unfounded based on fact and is stupid.

But selective and punitive treatment is not a good policy.

(China tariffs are a different discussion and I expect we have more in common than you think)

Reactions: USF grad in TN
how is your speech being controlled? Your money donated to X can only be used by X, it is just tracked by Y. tracking which at least theoretically exists on some level already.
I took your post to mean people would donate to 1 central entity and then it would be equally distributed to the candidates.

A tariff creates both a penalty and an incentive. Its purpose is to manipulate behavior by the fed govt. That's not free market

Consumers will definitely pay more and there is no guarantee the prices will ever drop.
So when china imposes a 20% tariff on the US but 8% on other countries, is that free market? Are you saying free market as a world wide thing or just a US issue??

They didnt fast track it. The Rs claimed Soros Fund Management was a foreign fund which would have led to a longer review process.

Soros Fund Mgmt is an American fund based in NYC....

That raises a curious question, “what determines the distinction?”

Meaning if the majority of the money is coming from foreigners (Soros presumably), should we not consider it foreign?

Keep in mind that tariffs were literally the primary income generation prior to the Civil War. Alexander Hamilton with George Washington as President implemented them right away and no Founding Fathers questioned it. So the "big government" argument seems ridiculous.

I am a fan of tariffing low labor nations and quoting it as human rights issue. Goal of tariff would be to make up the labor cost difference.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back