2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Don’t sleep on Mashak expanding his offensive game. He added a jump shot this year and shot a good % on low volume. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that volume increase next season. He’s gotten better every year so far.
Totally agree!! Just needs to NOT pass up shots like I think he did a few times in the tournament!!

Staff is over the moon about him. Thinks he’s a diamond in the rough.

Looks very athletic for 6’10”. I can see why the staff is excited about him. He can stretch the floor, drive to the rim, and can light it up from 3. I’m intrigued, moreso on how we’d utilize him in our offense. Reminds me of a taller DK.

Don’t sleep on Mashak expanding his offensive game. He added a jump shot this year and shot a good % on low volume. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that volume increase next season. He’s gotten better every year so far.
I don't think most of Shack's offensive deficiencies are skill related. They are more innate. Lack of feel. Lack of vision. Lack of anticipation. I think his shot is solid. I think in shooting drills in practice he likely shoots at a decent clip. More minutes and experience can certainly continue to improve some of that lack of feel on offense. He can become a solid offensive player. Be needs to be a 1 read and go player. Low volume decision-maker.

With Milicic being a true stretch "4", would his recruitment be effected by Darlington's or Tyson's? I know Dubar has been mentioned as a 3/4, taking the JJJ role. To me, Tyson is a "3", so would seem to be less effected by Milicic??

With Milicic being a true stretch "4", would his recruitment be effected by Darlington's or Tyson's? I know Dubar has been mentioned as a 3/4, taking the JJJ role. To me, Tyson is a "3", so would seem to be less effected by Milicic??
If Awaka comes back then it’s prob

Awaka / Igor splitting time at the 5. Igor can prob slide to the 4 cause of his athleticism if we want to go “big”. They also compliment one another better than Awaka and Aidoo

Like some have said, with those guys you can do a ton of different lineups

It would be pretty nice to start a 4 who is taller than our 2…

The thing that is exciting about Igor is the type of 3pt shooter that he is. Most 6'10 guys that can shoot are simply "space the floor" or "pick n pop" shooters. That dude is running off the floppy screens to get 3pt shots. He is shot faking, side-step, 3pt shooting. With the offensive sets Barnes runs he can really open up some more creativity with a player like him on the floor.

Dubar is thought to be a plus defender, don’t forget Knecht came in with the same defensive question marks
Yes but Knecht is a lot more athletic than Tyson, and we also had JJJ at the 4 who could guard anybody. I’m sure Tyson could play the 3 offensively, but I’m skeptical he could do it defensively.

I was such a believer. “The Pistons just started another dynasty…” I said . Larry Brown was a young 87 years old back then.
We'll have another mini-dynasty as soon as we combine 1) Joe Dumars' involvement with 2) a starter sporting a protective face mask.

Yes but Knecht is a lot more athletic than Tyson, and we also had JJJ at the 4 who could guard anybody. I’m sure Tyson could play the 3 offensively, but I’m skeptical he could do it defensively.
Knect came here to be a more complete player, it worked out very well, perhaps Tyson can improve his overall game and Barnes will be the one to help if Tyson decides to be a Vol, time will tell.
I believe Tyson needs Barnes for next level if achievable.

VN Store

Back