2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is insistent it has to be a POC. I’m sorry, but I do not agree with hiring in that manner. I would love to see a woman of color on staff, but I do not believe in ear marking positions based on skin color.

I could care less about color as long as they can cruit.
Representation is so tricky. I definitely don't want a "token" hire, but there are so many very good assistants of color I think it's very important to pick one. This staff 100% should be diverse. Otherwise, Kara Lawson was right.

Actually, I'd like a male POC on staff for real diversity.

Representation is so tricky. I definitely don't want a "token" hire, but there are so many very good assistants of color I think it's very important to pick one. This staff 100% should be diverse. Otherwise, Kara Lawson was right.

Last edited:

The baseball coaching staff is all white. That did not deter Christian Moore, Kavares Tears, Marcus Phillips, Ariel Antigua, etc from signing up. Most players just want to win. Dawn Staley doesn’t get great players because she’s black. She gets great players because she wins.

The baseball coaching staff is all white. That did not deter Christian Moore, Kavares Tears, Marcus Phillips, Ariel Antigua, etc from signing up. Most players just want to win. Dawn Staley doesn’t get great players because she’s black. She gets great players because she wins.
I never mentioned any relation to recruiting. I just think it's important for UT to represent diversity.

I recall one of the worse basketball games I watched all season was Virgina Tech vs North Carolina.
People on here will talk up other teams and that is fine.. I expect all off-season Kentucky will be team posters on here will tell everyone they brought in the best talent,etc.
I’m not expecting much to change with Kentucky once SEC play begins.

One thing that could possibly happen if she hires the right P5 Assistants in the next couple of days we could possibly see a flip or two of 2024 players that they have been recruiting. Heard a rumor that there were going to be some 2024 players flip their commitment in the next couple weeks so see if that was true. Not saying it is us just that there was a rumor some players were flipping to another school.

One thing that could possibly happen if she hires the right P5 Assistants in the next couple of days we could possibly see a flip or two of 2024 players that they have been recruiting. Heard a rumor that there were going to be some 2024 players flip their commitment in the next couple weeks so see if that was true. Not saying it is us just that there was a rumor some players were flipping to another school.

Wouldn't they have to be released from their NLI?

I never mentioned any relation to recruiting. I just think it's important for UT to represent diversity.
Maybe it was that purple dress? Or the so many ways she does her hair? And them eyes! She's a unique kind of beautiful. And, my wife agrees; things like that are important around here. And, though I have no significant insider knowledge, I think she's also very smart. There's just a splendid air about her.
So, can we just keep Joy McCorvey?
PLEASE?!

A person of color has, implicitly threatened our coach, and The University Of Tennessee. I'm much more concerned about that, than I am about who, or what color, our next assistant coach might be. But then, I'm white. Unless you factor in all this vitiligo; then I'm spotted.

Somebody, somewhere, once said that we shouldn't judge anyone by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. And yet, here we are. We will soon have an assistant coach. Of color. Because, Kim is no dummy. Nor is Danny White, Mr Boyd, Ms Plowman, et al. Unfortunately, we, nor that coach, will ever know, not fully, if she was hired on coaching qualifications/expectations alone. That's the unfortunate dilemma.
Anyhow, can we please keep Joy McCorvey?

I’m not understanding that site’s (TBO) agenda at this point. I thought the mission was to always be impartial.
The constant indirect posting of attacks aimed at Coach Caldwell is actually doing the opposite of what they think it is. They are making this new coach not only a fan favorite but a known commodity across the WBB landscape before she even coaches one game as a P5 coach. I even saw a SC fan take a shot at the previous staff lol in support of Coach Caldwell on Twitter. And now the latest news of putting together a staff with multiple P5 assistant coaches has swung the momentum heavily in her favor in just Week 2.

Maybe it was that purple dress? Or the so many ways she does her hair? And them eyes! She's a unique kind of beautiful. And, my wife agrees; things like that are important around here. And, though I have no significant insider knowledge, I think she's also very smart. There's just a splendid air about her.
PLEASE?!

A person of color has, implicitly threatened our coach, and The University Of Tennessee. I'm much more concerned about that, than I am about who, or what color, our next assistant coach might be. But then, I'm white. Unless you factor in all this vitiligo; then I'm spotted.

Somebody, somewhere, once said that we shouldn't judge anyone by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. And yet, here we are. We will soon have an assistant coach. Of color. Because, Kim is no dummy. Nor is Danny White, Mr Boyd, Ms Plowman, et al. Unfortunately, we, nor that coach, will ever know, not fully, if she was hired on coaching qualifications/expectations alone. That's the unfortunate dilemma.
She does have a very distinguished air about her. I typically hate discussing looks of our coaches, but she’s by far the best looking (man or woman) of any of them.

I didn’t want to wade into this because diversity talk is so fraught these days despite there being numerous dimensions across which one could be diverse. But I would love for Coach Joy to stick around.

Is Maria behind this account?

That account is officially trash in my eyes. They have been trying to drag Tennessee in a negative light for the last 3 days and for what?

I think Maria is freaking out because all her “inside sources” are gone. Which hits her directly in the pocket book. For years she’s made a living off peddling insider LV information through paywall sites.

Time for her to get a real job or do some real work. Her days of insider info at Tennessee are not just numbered. They are OVER.

She looks like she’d fit in great as a Dollar General cashier.

Reactions: VolFuture
She's out at Tennessee...
Just curious, if the firing of KJH and the hiring of Caldwell has you so upset as to change your screen name to @FormerLadyVolFan , why stick around? I can't imagine ever renouncing my Vol fanhood over a coach. I'm a Vol for life.

PLEASE?!

White folk should always be a little careful about invoking MLK quotes that were describing the Jim Crow south of 1960s.

I work in higher ed and representation matters a lot to students of color. If an institution has few or no individuals who "look like them", which means having some shared experiences, these students feel like interlopers who don't belong.

Given that, it would not be a bad idea to have a highly qualified POC coach on the staff. There are many out there. Let's be honest, before Danny White hired CKC, the mantra had "I don't care if it ss a man or woman, I just WANT THE BEST QUALIFIED." Everyone now says trust in Danny White, he knows what he is doing in hiring CKC.

I am down with that but it also means the "best qualified" person to be the LV's head coach was a women with one year D1 experience at Marshall, Not sure that was on anyone's bingo card when Kellie was fired.

Point is, "best qualified" is not set some finite set of objective properties that are set in stone and brought down from the mount. A coach having life and cultural experiences which are very important to many recruits is a qualifying, but certainly not the only, qualifying asset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back