2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do u think gets us in a good sport next season, would that be at the top of the Sec and winning or missing the tournament or being one and done, which scenario will get us the players we need?
I think elite 8 is where you need to be to make recruiting easier. These ladies still want to be successful regardless of nil to an extent anyway.

This nil bull really is starting to irritate me. Just make them apart of the faculty already, salary caps and Contracts. That will slow the portal crap.

FYI I have had a few and might regret some of these posts later.

At the very least start adding gag orders to the contracts lol. Family and friends doing way too much on socials.

This is a little messy. Insinuates she didn’t choose Tennessee because of the recent change in staff. A little weird to mention now as I’m sure she was considering other schools.
View attachment 634603

Very odd considering it was basically immediately announced she would be going to Ohio State when she entered the portal. Like within a day or two. I NEVER heard her mentioned with Tennessee until that post. I feel like Sam knows someone at the pub and she’s being really messy.

Very odd considering it was basically immediately announced she would be going to Ohio State when she entered the portal. Like within a day or two. I NEVER heard her mentioned with Tennessee until that post. I feel like Sam knows someone at the pub and she’s being really messy.
I don’t follow like I did before, but any players mentioned with us?

Reactions: brittannica
This is a little messy. Insinuates she didn’t choose Tennessee because of the recent change in staff. A little weird to mention now as I’m sure she was considering other schools.
View attachment 634603

Who tweeted that? Certainly never heard that and she did committ to OSU pretty quickly, obviously the new Celeste Taylor. But if it was Sam being messy, AD was certainly messy back, or first, by releasing news of Sam's firing while she's on the way to the crowning moment of her LV career - Rickea's draft day. I hate if it's come to this, and really hate RJ's big day getting caught up in it. Please let it be just twitter garbage.

Sam's firing is a very tough one. Ordinarily, it would be a no brainer. You need to take firm control of the program and you certainly don't want to allow any divided loyalty btw old and new among the players. But in this particular situation w Sam's long and respected contact resources and the absolute absence of any of those w the new coach, this is just very tough. Maybe she could have stayed just 6 weeks to get us thru portal season as recruiting coordinator and not had hands on w the current players? Just seems so sad to throw away all her experience and contacts.

Before anyone says Sam wasn't successful here anyway that is absolutely incorrect. We made many top players final list and had multiple visits from several. Sam did her job. She also got, and kept Rickea not so long ago. Lord knows we were told enough times that recruiting was either an NIL problem or a Kellie problem. Not Sam. Sam's net was wide and effective.

Call me chicken little but if you can't see the portal is slipping thru our fingers I don't know what to tell you. Literally every day a couple of players who would be perfect for us are signing with another SEC team to play against us. I don't think some realize the speed recruiting happens at now. Not sure our new coach does. Did I hear correctly she wants to be her own recruiting coordinator? What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
Yeah like she only went on 1 visit and committed. The entire team followed her the day she entered the portal. We were NEVER in. And no way Kellie and Co were in bc they were released before she entered

Reactions: glv98
Who tweeted that? Certainly never heard that and she did committ to OSU pretty quickly, obviously the new Celeste Taylor. But if it was Sam being messy, AD was certainly messy back, or first, by releasing news of Sam's firing while she's on the way to the crowning moment of her LV career - Rickea's draft day. I hate if it's come to this, and really hate RJ's big day getting caught up in it. Please let it be just twitter garbage.

Sam's firing is a very tough one. Ordinarily, it would be a no brainer. You need to take firm control of the program and you certainly don't want to allow any divided loyalty btw old and new among the players. But in this particular situation w Sam's long and respected contact resources and the absolute absence of any of those w the new coach, this is just very tough. Maybe she could have stayed just 6 weeks to get us thru portal season as recruiting coordinator and not had hands on w the current players? Just seems so sad to throw away all her experience and contacts.

Before anyone says Sam wasn't successful here anyway that is absolutely incorrect. We made many top players final list and had multiple visits from several. Sam did her job. She also got, and kept Rickea not so long ago. Lord knows we were told enough times that recruiting was either an NIL problem or a Kellie problem. Not Sam. Sam's net was wide and effective.

Call me chicken little but if you can't see the portal is slipping thru our fingers I don't know what to tell you. Literally every day a couple of players who would be perfect for us is signing with another SEC team to play against us. I don't think some realize the speed recruiting happens at now. Not sure our new coach does. Did I hear correctly she wants to be her own recruiting coordinator? What could possibly go wrong?
Maria writes or is at least a source for Ball Out… they seem too interested in TN

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t follow like I did before, but any players mentioned with us?
I try to watch pretty closely, and other than the one that had us on a list of about 40 (Olsen?) I haven't seen any. Seems the best players are either DNC or decide quickly where they're going. I wonder if the top players are reaching out to schools, rather than vice versa which would be tampering, to gauge possible interest? It's all moving quite swiftly, esp at the top.

hes bringing in an All A,weican, or many teams can say that.
I have to smile at those disparaging what Brooks has brought to KY. Only an All American pg, one of the best in the country. And a prized 6-6 recruit. Plus his daughter. I will say I thought players like Petty would go back to KY quickly, and that would be a very nice core. She still might. Looks like Maddie Sheer is visiting alot. But no doubt, I'd dance for joy to have either an AA pg or a very good young post at this point.

Last edited:
Maria writes or is at least a source for Ball Out… they seem too interested in TN
Oh God, Maria again? I thought she was in exile for a while over spreading the Jon garbage. Makes sense. Maria has some personal axes to grind here I believe. I hope this change will signal the end of Maria's active LV involvement. It's time.

I try to watch pretty closely, and other than the one that had us on a list of about 40 (Olsen?) I haven't seen any. Seems the best players are either DNC or decide quickly where they're going. I wonder if the top players are reaching out to schools, rather than vice versa which would be tampering, to guage possible interest? It's all moving quite swiftly, esp at the top.
I saw us on a very long list for VanSlooten as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back