2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uconn pages saying Patterson is entering the portal

No. 4-ranked recruit by ESPN … No. 1 wing in the 2022 senior class … 2022 McDonald's, Jordan Brand and SLAM All-American … averaged 25.8 points, 11.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks a senior at Homestead High … 2022 Indiana Miss Basketball … ABC21 2020-21 Girls Basketball Player of the Year … 2020-21 Outside the Huddle Girls Basketball Player of the Year.

I don't think we were in her top 5, but her brother played at UT for two years. So we can hope?

No. 4-ranked recruit by ESPN … No. 1 wing in the 2022 senior class … 2022 McDonald's, Jordan Brand and SLAM All-American … averaged 25.8 points, 11.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks a senior at Homestead High … 2022 Indiana Miss Basketball … ABC21 2020-21 Girls Basketball Player of the Year … 2020-21 Outside the Huddle Girls Basketball Player of the Year.

I don't think we were in her top 5, but her brother played at UT for two years. So we can hope?

Seems like an Ohio State type player. I don’t see us being in the conversation. Hard to tell how she’ll be in college after her injury.

I’m hesitant for this staff to take on anymore players with injury history. We’ve done that a few times now and it just doesn’t work. They either re-injure or cannot play to the level they did before.

Just rumors so far haven’t seen anything official but I’ve seen it posted more than once now

Seems like an Ohio State type player. I don’t see us being in the conversation. Hard to tell how she’ll be in college after her injury.

I’m hesitant for this staff to take on anymore players with injury history. We’ve done that a few times now and it just doesn’t work. They either re-injure or cannot play to the level they did before.

With Barker staying put, this is the only other similar talent available at the moment. She would be an athletic rebounding post presence that we need very badly with multiple years to play.

With Barker staying put, this is the only other similar talent available at the moment. She would be an athletic rebounding post presence that we need very badly with multiple years to play.

Agreed, but again, I’m not that interested in these players with an injury history.

Franklin never could play to her previous level after her injury, Green injured hers again. So without having seen her play for 2 years would be very suspect.

Thought she was dynamite in HS and probably would be a great addition but also a big gamble.

Played 10 min a game over 30 games as a freshman and averaged 2.2 pts and rebs a game. Not much to say for that, especially in a crappy league like the Big East.

Uconn pages saying Patterson is entering the portal
What are “Uconn pages”?

Google search for Patterson Uconn portal 2024 yields two—count em—2 mentions:
this thread and a single youtube speculation by a fellow with a pretty poor track record.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Depending upon the portal is fine but KJH needs to prove that she can recruit talent from the high school level. In three years KJH has had two high school recruits and lost one of them to the portal. The portal should not be the main recruiting area for a coach. A good coach can recruit high school and recruit the portal to supplement their talent level, AKA USC and LSU.

Depending upon the portal is fine but KJH needs to prove that she can recruit talent from the high school level. In three years KJH has had two high school recruits and lost one of them to the portal. The portal should not be the main recruiting area for a coach. A good coach can recruit high school and recruit the portal to supplement their talent level, AKA USC and LSU.

Also lost Miles to the portal.

Agreed, but again, I’m not that interested in these players with an injury history.

Franklin never could play to her previous level after her injury, Green injured hers again. So without having seen her play for 2 years would be very suspect.

Thought she was dynamite in HS and probably would be a great addition but also a big gamble.

Played 10 min a game over 30 games as a freshman and averaged 2.2 pts and rebs a game. Not much to say for that, especially in a crappy league like the Big East.
Just because they are in a crappy league doesn't mean they are a crappy player. Of course, we all know that all you know is what you read. Great rebounder, we were really counting on her this year. I hope the rumors are untrue.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
What are “Uconn pages”?

Google search for Patterson Uconn portal 2024 yields two—count em—2 mentions:
this thread and a single youtube speculation by a fellow with a pretty poor track record.

🤦‍♂️ u probably think this page is the only LV page too

Nice try. Duck, dodge, deflect and don't answer the simple question.

what uconn pages?
I’m curious myself. I know about the Boneyard and Huskie Nan, but no others. Rarely visit even that site. Curious why there are so many posters that make statements of fact without including supporting links where clearly available.

I’m curious myself. I know about the Boneyard and Huskie Nan, but no others. Rarely visit even that site. Curious why there are so many posters that make statements of fact without including supporting links where clearly available.
Facebook groups/pages for wbb, Uconn, etc
Twitter groups…

Literally thought he was trolling bc you can’t google everything and expect to find something… esp locked behind groups

Facebook groups/pages for wbb, Uconn, etc
Twitter groups…

Literally thought he was trolling bc you can’t google everything and expect to find something… esp locked behind groups
I appreciate the ‘splainin’. @1reVOLver generally brings centered opinions, imo. Certainly not a troll. Personal preference, but when I go look up something relative to a discussion I generally try to post a link. Just me.

LOL! You might want to check Mulkey's roster the last two seasons and rethink that statement. The last 5 star HS recruit that left Tennessee was quite underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back