2024 Transfer Portal

From a poster on VQ:

Arguably three of the top 10 portal players will be on campus this weekend

Cyr - Freshman AA, probably a 1st or 2nd rounder in 2025

Bowker - talented arm, don't know a whole lot

Kilen - maybe the best portal infielder, 2025 1st rounder

Lapour - maybe the best pitcher in the portal, a 2026 1st rounder

Give me all of them. Thanks. Not asking for much.

Since NIL era has begun, no player should be hated or disliked for leaving any school.

I'm sure all posters on here wouldn't have left for more money to play sport at another school.
The problem is most of us have been born and raised tennessee fans, so money actually wouldn’t sway our desire to play here.

But the problem is we can’t understand that most players don’t love the school the way we do, and never will.

Reactions: Memvol44
The problem is most of us have been born and raised tennessee fans, so money actually wouldn’t sway our desire to play here.

But the problem is we can’t understand that most players don’t love the school the way we do, and never will.

Respectfully, I dunno about that last sentence. They are invested in a way most of us can never be. Yes for some, it’s a means to an end, but not most of em. VFL is a thing.

JMO, but unless it's just a stud position player you can't say no to, our biggest needs will be pitching.
Today's bullpen play is why I have this opinion. I get we had like the 4th best ERA, but no one has been consistently dominant. And today the pen just did not play well. We need some guys that can come in and consistently get it done.

Today's bullpen play is why I have this opinion. I get we had like the 4th best ERA, but no one has been consistently dominant. And today the pen just did not play well. We need some guys that can come in and consistently get it done.
Do you think TV would rather have the high power offense?

All the runners LOB is painful.

Reactions: walkenvol
Do you think TV would rather have the high power offense?
I think we can find hitters already on the team. Not sure LOB can be fixed. It's just a normal part of the game. Strong pitching is what I see as the biggest necessity to winning at a high level. Gotta find some dominant arms.

Three guys that could help the bullpen:
Alton Davis - Bama
Logan Lunceford - Mizzou
Mason Koch - Creighton

Last thing…maybe I think too highly of the kid, but I’m surprised nobody is mentioning the Pearson kid from UGA. Again, I might like him better than folks.

I think we need arms, starters and relievers. Infield, 1B and 2B. We’ll be okay at the plate.

VN Store

Back