2024 Transfer Portal

We’ll never have a rebuilding year under Tony. He’s too good of a coach.
CAUTION! There CAN be years when the best available cannot backfill your losses. We had some special guys this year. CM BB and even Kirby were extraordinary this year. You can only play 9 at a time. Counting on TV to max out the portal, but don’t know how to project our HS signee losses to the draft to add to our other losses. Hoping for a couple of surprises with guys passing on the draft to improve their position.

on Jace

- Poster on TexAgs
Don’t want to be a party pooper, but it’s pretty well known that Laviolette and Schott are roommates and best friends, and the A&M insiders believe that they are a package deal. All that to say, Schott got his extra year approved by the NCAA this morning and he’s heading back to College Station.

I also believe that Tony has a phenomenal pitch ready for Laviolette and the small ballpark+$$$ is probably pretty tempting, regardless of who you are. I’ll never count Tony out.

We will see how things turn out.

CAUTION! There CAN be years when the best available cannot backfill your losses. We had some special guys this year. CM BB and even Kirby were extraordinary this year. You can only play 9 at a time. Counting on TV to max out the portal, but don’t know how to project our HS signee losses to the draft to add to our other losses. Hoping for a couple of surprises with guys passing on the draft to improve their position.

I didn't really follow him in high school since my kids had already graduated but I think he was pretty big. His older brother is lucky if he's 5'10".
I think he (older bro) played 2B or maybe another infield IIRC from over at the Oakland field??... y'all had a good tournament.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I didn't really follow him in high school since my kids had already graduated but I think he was pretty big. His older brother is lucky if he's 5'10".
Tyler is about 5’7 on a good day. The youngest Franklin, Caleb, started high school at about 5’1, but is pushing 6’0 now. Poppa Franklin is as good a man as they come. Jeff County has been a sneaky good program since for quite a while. Those Royz boys were studs, too. Some of the best all around athletes to come through that school in the last 20 years!

I liked Robin and Schaeffer was getting rave reviews preseason. Good luck to them.
I kind of thought RV might dip…his role diminished so much…did he even get an ab during after the SEC tournament? Seemed like a really good teammate, but was/is also an emotional guy.

Schaeffer is a little bit of a shocker. I don’t know a ton about him other than he has pretty good stuff and struggled some as a freshmen…but don’t most? Weird…

Lohry probably wasn’t going to have much of a chance going forward, though that’s a pretty good utility guy to have ready on the bench.

VN Store

Back