2024 Transfer Portal

Whew. Journalism?

“Tony Vitello is has had success in the portal in past season, …”

Rough.
I am greeted every day with the reality that copy editors more or less don't exist (or suck at their jobs). Bless his heart, but Hubbs wrote an article the other day that had about 17 mistakes in six paragraphs.

Pitching is going to be nasty. Still a lot of moving parts. Let's see where this roster is after the draft.
As we've seen for years, it will most likely be nasty yes. But I have no clue who is getting the innings atm.

Losing Beam, Zander, Causey, Combs, Kirby, Stamos, Dallas, Schaefer is approximately 425 of our 623 innings pitched. Of the remaining 198, 153 were between Snead, Behnke, Phillips, and Loy.

I would assume Behnke and Phillips are your primary pen guys next year. Snead could slot in the rotation with Loy. Still leaves 1-2 weekend spots, a mid week spot, and at least 3-4 new bullpen arms who will get a lot of innings.

Expecting a jump from Garcia and then the wild card of Russell and his health. Plus Freshman and guys like Sharp, Hunley, Payne, etc. potentially making jumps as well. Like you said a ton of moving parts.

As we've seen for years, it will most likely be nasty yes. But I have no clue who is getting the innings atm.

Losing Beam, Zander, Causey, Combs, Kirby, Stamos, Dallas, Schaefer is approximately 425 of our 623 innings pitched. Of the remaining 198, 153 were between Snead, Behnke, Phillips, and Loy.

I would assume Behnke and Phillips are your primary pen guys next year. Snead could slot in the rotation with Loy. Still leaves 1-2 weekend spots, a mid week spot, and at least 3-4 new bullpen arms who will get a lot of innings.

Expecting a jump from Garcia and then the wild card of Russell and his health. Plus Freshman and guys like Sharp, Hunley, Payne, etc. potentially making jumps as well. Like you said a ton of moving parts.
I think they hope Phillips will be a starter this coming year. He’s got electric stuff, but also took him time to get acclimated this year.

FWIW - a trusted source within LSU’s forum, The Ponderosa, posted that Tennessee was expecting a commitment from Gavin Kilen soon.
Adding this in - the expected starting SS for LSU just unexpectedly entered the portal. I don’t think its anything to worry about, could be a coincidence, but I am just throwing it out there.

Adding this in - the expected starting SS for LSU just unexpectedly entered the portal. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about, could be a coincidence, but I am just throwing it out there.
Update : trusted poster in LSU forum says LSU is pressing hard for a SS “not named Kilen”

Great news for us.

Nah at least he sticks around. The main few only post in here when we’re down 3-1 in the 4th and telling us all “told you so!!!”
That describes CLo. He really is a fan though. Great depth…occasionally. 😉

@CAVPUT? He’s just an inveterate reprobate… Eeyore, mfer. 🤣🤣🤣🤣😈

VN Store

Back