2024 Transfer Portal

There’s less scoring in the MLB because the pitching is better. They weeded it out to a tiny group of very elite arms at that point. A great pitcher in college can have a very low ERA. There’s nothing about the college game that prevents that, except certain stadium dimensions.
Metal bats make a difference as well.

Tyler is about 5’7 on a good day. The youngest Franklin, Caleb, started high school at about 5’1, but is pushing 6’0 now. Poppa Franklin is as good a man as they come. Jeff County has been a sneaky good program since for quite a while. Those Royz boys were studs, too. Some of the best all around athletes to come through that school in the last 20 years!
I was being generous. I haven't seen Tyler in a few years so I was giving him the benefit of a late growth spurt. Lol

Thank you very much. They were pretty good athletes and they were fortunate enough to grow up and be friends with a bunch of good athletes in Jefferson County.

Last edited:
Didn’t really look into the ERA that much. Depends on the situations the guy was given in-game.

It’s one thing to give up several runs there’s nobody on base or one guy on base with one out, etc. it’s another when you get thrown into the game with bases loaded or with two guys in scoring position.

You just have to look game by game and go from there.
Any runners on when a relief pitcher comes in are the responsibility of the prior pitcher isn’t it?

There’s less scoring in the MLB because the pitching is better. They weeded it out to a tiny group of very elite arms at that point. A great pitcher in college can have a very low ERA. There’s nothing about the college game that prevents that, except certain stadium dimensions.

As many others say above…composite vs wood bats…

BUT as you correctly observe…

MLB pitching is on another planet from college pitching.

It is both.

And metal bats

Reactions: Sudden Impact

It is both.

College hitting is also very different. College guys will get two maybe three good pitches and foul some of them off...mlb guys turn that good pitch around more often.. In fact at the pro level if more than one good pitch is thrown then it will almost definitely get hit hard.

The Franklin kid from Jefferson County is an interesting acquisition from Kennesaw State,

He could be an imposing bullpen option at 6'5 with his 99 mph fastball and curveball.
Yep Def a lot to work with for Frank and the staff. Might even be another jump in there for all we know. Who’s to say a 6’5 240lbs can’t get another tick or two on the fastball.

Yep Def a lot to work with for Frank and the staff. Might even be another jump in there for all we know. Who’s to say a 6’5 240lbs can’t get another tick or two on the fastball.
Baseball development is so weird. I remember meeting the Joyce twins father when they were freshman at Farragut and he was bragging about how they could throw the ball on a line from foul territory to a little past 2nd base. Meanwhile I’m long tossing on a line from foul pole to foul pole. I thought to myself, “these kids blow, have the players gotten worse and worse since I played?”

Look at how that turned out lol

Tons and tons of long tossing, band work, etc will definitely get you there.

College hitting is also very different. College guys will get two maybe three good pitches and foul some of them off...mlb guys turn that good pitch around more often.. In fact at the pro level if more than one good pitch is thrown then it will almost definitely get hit hard.

Absolutely…the hitters are on a different planet, too.

It’s the best against the best. Exactly as it should be.

If they used composite bats in MLB, people would get killed. I’d hate to see the exit velocities.

Last edited:
Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH

It is both.
Absolutely…the hitters are on a different planet, too.

It’s the best against the best. Exactly as it should be.
I intended to type stadium size and aluminum bats, but twenty people saying it makes it truer.

When the dust settles, please post a concise, factual, and cogent summary. See you in September!

A name I’m interested that I haven’t seen mentioned here. Is Aiva Arquette 2B from Washington… he’s a top guy in portal

He’s playing in the cape cod league, and we know CTV was there supporting our players and recruiting.

Reactions: Kdbnab1

VN Store

Back