2024 Transfer Portal

Per Ben McKee:

I also am surprised they've only received one commitment since the portal opened. But it's not because they're struggling. It's because they're fishing in a different pond than ever before and can be as selective as ever.

Also, one thing that I needed to realize this week is that the freshmen class coming in is ELITE. Even if they do lose a couple to the draft. There will be signees that can play from Day 1. Tennessee doesnt need to go get double-digit transfers like maybe we thought they once needed to because of the nucleus coming back and the signing class. I think Tennessee is in an exceptional spot with Kilen and a really good spot with Fischer.

Baseball development is so weird. I remember meeting the Joyce twins father when they were freshman at Farragut and he was bragging about how they could throw the ball on a line from foul territory to a little past 2nd base. Meanwhile I’m long tossing on a line from foul pole to foul pole. I thought to myself, “these kids blow, have the players gotten worse and worse since I played?”

Look at how that turned out lol

Tons and tons of long tossing, band work, etc will definitely get you there.
Were you in the pipe section in band?
Asking for my friend Butch.

VN Store

Back