2024 Transfer Portal

Per Ben McKee:

I also am surprised they've only received one commitment since the portal opened. But it's not because they're struggling. It's because they're fishing in a different pond than ever before and can be as selective as ever.

Also, one thing that I needed to realize this week is that the freshmen class coming in is ELITE. Even if they do lose a couple to the draft. There will be signees that can play from Day 1. Tennessee doesnt need to go get double-digit transfers like maybe we thought they once needed to because of the nucleus coming back and the signing class. I think Tennessee is in an exceptional spot with Kilen and a really good spot with Fischer.
IMG_5019.gif

The movement on Cortez’s 2-seamer was ridiculous. I don’t know how anyone ever gets a hit on that dude. And the velocity was like that of an elite 4 seamer. That kind of movement on a pitch that fast just isn’t fair.
Wood bats everywhere are not looking forward to Cortez’s 2-seamer.

IMG_1278.gif

Not a chance in hades we get both those guys. I just hope Kilen sticks.

Why? Scuttlebutt has been they jumped in the portal at least with a little prodding from UT. Kendall Rogers has also hinted they’re strong Vol leans. Also roommates and are probably going to the same place and I’d bet Knoxville before Gainesville.

VN Store

Back