2024 Transfer Portal

Kilen is home run (no pun intended) addition to this team. This was the best player in the portal imo. Can’t wait to see how the rest of the transfers shake out and who we can keep from the recruiting class. Reloading not rebuilding…Tony does it better than anyone.
Key high value positions. Based on high value losses. Still, the transfers have high bars to compete with underclassmen already on the roster.

Heat the forge…

IMG_5387.jpeg

Just add as many good players as you can and figure it out later
I think this is true. I know Gavin Kilen played SS exclusively (I think) at Louiville. But the announcements of his commitment to Tennessee usually say infielder. Obviously a great player and glad to have him.

With the talk of Kilen's commitment today, I re-watched Ariel Antigua's fantastic play in the 8th inning of the 3rd game in the championship series. I don't think every MLB SS's could make that play. Running full speed, deep in the 5-6 hole on the grass, executing a beautiful pop-up slide and throwing a one hop bullet to first to almost get Camarillo was incredible. If he can hit consistently don't think you can keep him off the field. Certainly a nice dilema to have.

I think this is true. I know Gavin Kilen played SS exclusively (I think) at Louiville. But the announcements of his commitment to Tennessee usually say infielder. Obviously a great player and glad to have him.

With the talk of Kilen's commitment today, I re-watched Ariel Antigua's fantastic play in the 8th inning of the 3rd game in the championship series. I don't think every MLB SS's could make that play. Running full speed, deep in the 5-6 hole on the grass, executing a beautiful pop-up slide and throwing a one hop bullet to first to almost get Camarillo was incredible. If he can hit consistently don't think you can keep him off the field. Certainly a nice dilema to have.
Yep. No specific position. In to the fray to compete. Brilliant!

This kid's consistent contact rate at the plate is insane.

He likely would have started the entire season if he had not been injured in the preseason. He is a terrific defensive player which we need at SS.

Ariel is a top defensive infielder. Silky smooth, he just doesn’t look the part lol. His hitting is a weakness. It would be tough having two low 200 hitters in the lineup including Cal.

Ariel is a top defensive infielder. Silky smooth, he just doesn’t look the part lol. His hitting is a weakness. It would be tough having two low 200 hitters in the lineup including Cal.
Cal is gone. And I think it's quite presumptuous to think Ariel is a low 200 hitter. We have no idea what kind of hitter he is other than Tony was going to start him before the injury. I have a hard time believing it's that bad.

AA was hitting well just before the season started this year. The injury and time out wrecked his chances to produce. Defensively, he’s the best college shortstop any of us are probably ever going to see. I believe he will be a good hitter and a great defender. Kiley played mostly short, but did play some 2B as well. I can’t help but see Curley at 3rd, AA at short, and Kilen at 2nd. Lots can happen between now and February, but I think this could be a logical conclusion.

AA was hitting well just before the season started this year. The injury and time out wrecked his chances to produce. Defensively, he’s the best college shortstop any of us are probably ever going to see. I believe he will be a good hitter and a great defender. Kiley played mostly short, but did play some 2B as well. I can’t help but see Curley at 3rd, AA at short, and Kilen at 2nd. Lots can happen between now and February, but I think this could be a logical conclusion.
…tsk, tsk. No hawt sauce? You gotta play the reasonable card? May as well shut this thread down… 😉

VN Store

Back