2024 Transfer Portal

WAIT YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT HE DOESNT HIT LEFTY??!!?

Again, who were the geniuses that said we only wanted lefties
I know man. I have no idea where that thought even came from. TV is gonna construct this lineup how he wants and I’ll trust him to do so.

Also, it’s not uncommon for atleast one Elander guy to have reverse splits, so assuming we only wanted lefties because a bunch of lefties are leaving is useless.

Curley is playing some 3rd base for Team USA.
IMO Curley just looks more like a 3rd baseman. I know we don't play kids because they "look" the part but I mean his size and stability seem to fit more at 3rd (maybe even 1st too). And I think his arm strength is just fine. Granted his consistency with the glove needs to improve and prob will. As good as Billy was for us this past year....he did have some untimely errors both fielding and throwing. I once heard a great baseball mind say "you've got to be stable on the corners and very athletic up the middle to have a championship level team". I concur.

I know man. I have no idea where that thought even came from. TV is gonna construct this lineup how he wants and I’ll trust him to do so.

Also, it’s not uncommon for atleast one Elander guy to have reverse splits, so assuming we only wanted lefties because a bunch of lefties are leaving is useless.

I’m just hype about the pitching guys we have coming in.

We could literally have a better pitching rotation if we land Fisher, Doyle, and Wilson.

That’s insane that we even have those guys coming in.

I’m just hype about the pitching guys we have coming in.

We could literally have a better pitching rotation if we land Fisher, Doyle, and Wilson.

That’s insane that we even have those guys coming in.

Yes, but it was also said in the War Room none of those goes are priority #1. That is still Dirtbag Myles Patton, likely 2025 first round talent. But everyone is after him.

I still think we only land 2 at most of Patton/Fischer/Wilson/Doyle.

I just don’t see how Loy isn’t in the rotation next year as the Sunday guy.

Yes, but it was also said in the War Room none of those goes are priority #1. That is still Dirtbag Myles Patton, likely 2025 first round talent. But everyone is after him.

That’s fine. Land Doyle and Fisher and we’re golden.

If we land Patton, cool.

Agree with this take

IMO Curley just looks more like a 3rd baseman. I know we don't play kids because they "look" the part but I mean his size and stability seem to fit more at 3rd (maybe even 1st too). And I think his arm strength is just fine. Granted his consistency with the glove needs to improve and prob will. As good as Billy was for us this past year....he did have some untimely errors both fielding and throwing. I once heard a great baseball mind say "you've got to be stable on the corners and very athletic up the middle to have a championship level team". I concur.
Yes, those are all good points. I would speculate that Curley might be more valuable at third as he reaches professional baseball.

Just some random thoughts about roster management and what a great job Coach Vitello has done.

Last year when Billy Amick committed to Tennessee ( probably with the understanding he would get first shot to play third) and Zane Denton didn't get drafted, Tony had to make some tough decisions. Remember Zane was a hero having hit a three run homer to basically win the Clemson Regional. Coach made the right decision and Tennessee is now National Champions. Earlier this recruiting cycle, Zane announced he would play at Austin Peay next year. I know Zane had some personal issues to resolve and Austin Peay is 50 miles from Nashville, but I can't help but believe that knowing that Dean Curley will get the first shot at playing third helped Zane make a decision.

I also think Tony learned from bringing Griffin Merritt in two year ago which ultimately relegated Dylan Dreilling to a pinch hitter role. Griffin was a very good player and helped us immensely. However, after this years performance, Dylan was a superstar in waiting. Remember Coach Vitello was torn about whether to play Griffin or play Dylan calling Dylan, "The face of Tennessee Baseball."

So I trust Coach Vitello! I feel comfortable he understands what he has on the roster, what the recruiting class provides and what are our portal needs. However, it's a very difficult process. It's a process in which Coach Vitelo seems to have the golden touch.

VN Store

Back