2024 Transfer Portal

I really like AA and the way he plays defense but he has to get better hitting and I think he will but Tony isn’t going into next year with someone hitting 200 at SS , I’ve never seen Kilen play an inning but I’d guess AA and Kilen will be our middle infielders , Curiey has plenty of arm to play 3rd but he made a ton of bad throws from short that Burke bailed him out on , I think we need at least 2 more starting caliber transfers maybe a third baseman / DH and a corner outfielder along with an elite Friday night type starting pitcher unless we can land a couple of our highly touted freshman arms

I’m guessing the infield (1st-3rd) will be a combo of these guys. Kilen, Curley, Antigua, Fischer (I think we get him), Grimmer (he worked at first this year and I think he’s one of the red shirts Elander referenced as being excited about), and Bargo (can play OF too).

And there are some stud freshmen coming in that will compete as well. Always a chance one of them could win the job.

Lots of work to be done between now and fall practice and pre-season practice before anything is decided.

Last edited:
Are you serious???? Do you know baseball??? Curley's arm is a +++, while AA's is a +. Not even close even to the naked eye.
Actually, I seriously disagree with the arm strength. AA has a cannon, and a more accurate cannon. Yes, Curley has a cannon too, but AA is a phenom with just as much or more sauce on his throw.

Actually, I seriously disagree with the arm strength. AA has a cannon, and a more accurate cannon. Yes, Curley has a cannon too, but AA is a phenom with just as much or more sauce on his throw.
Also, and I know you know this…but SS requires the strongest arm of any position on the infield, including 3B. In this case it doesn’t matter because Curley and Antigua both have cannons, so you go with the better fielder with more range, which is Antigua.

I’m looking forward to seeing a really good defensive left side of the infield next year.

Also, and I know you know this…but SS requires the strongest arm of any position on the infield, including 3B. In this case it doesn’t matter because Curley and Antigua both have cannons, so you go with the better fielder with more range, which is Antigua.

I’m looking forward to seeing a really good defensive left side of the infield next year.
Agree. We are all worried about hitting but we could save runs with an improved defense.

AA played both SS and 2nd base this year. We shouldnt expect that to change. Curly most likely will play 3rd base.

Reactions: ERvolsfan
AA is a vacuum cleaner at SS, MLB ready on defensive side.
I have followed the career of Ozzie Smith, who is The Wizard, meaning there was no other shortstop who could do what he could do defensively. Although AA is still very young and has a unique body compared to Ozzie, he definitely has the skills and the arm to remind me of Ozzie’s exploits at SS. Our fan base has been granted the privilege of watching this guy for the next 2 years, hopefully. He has that “it” factor that most can see right now.

Agreed with all, especially the part about SS requiring the strongest arm. Many think the third baseman, but you hit the nail on the head.

It's never too early to start a thread for this year's transfer class. I remember Tony faint we missed out on a transfer last year, because we couldn't host him on visit on Super Regional weekend. Kendall is already saying SC may lose a big name player.

Who are we pursuing and who could potentially be leaving?

Just read on Bleacher Report:

“Gavin Kilen, Infielder from Louisville, transfers to UT. #1 player in the portal!“

Is this about portal players or my knowledge runs deeper than yours thread now?

Tennessee is expected to have a good group of visitors on hand over the course of the next five days or so. Portal targets who will be making their way to campus either this weekend of first of next week include former Niagara first baseman Eric Rataczak, former Texas A&M lefty Kaiden Wilson, Fisher (Florida), Fischer (Ole Miss) and Doyle (Ole Miss)

- VQ

VN Store

Back