2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Not trying to start an argument with anyone. It’s just puzzling that we haven’t gotten more portal players than what we have. Was hoping to fill all spots
It would be nice to fill out the roster with players that we might have more than one year just so we don’t have a huge turnover next year as well. So far we have signed two that can possibly be around in year 2. I know there is no guarantee that they will stay both years with the portal, but there is the possibility that they can stay. If Whitehorn comes aboard, then that is another. However, I don’t think we’ll fill them just to have bodies. At first I thought we may go 15, but I think now we’ll only sign 2-3 more.

Last edited:
The coaches.. Coach Caldwell, Coach Lazo (Miss State) and Coach Tubner (Alabama) do not view the roster the same as fans.

CKC is giving the same message everytime she is in front of the camera.
You might disagree with it and that’s fine but to her she has stated multiple times that she is high on the players here and they have worked very hard.

She talks about the talent she already has on the roster.

When talking about Alyssa Latham and Lazaria Spearman recruitment from the portal she stated they are high on both, and they will add a few more pieces from the portal.

She is obviously saying they will sign 3-4 players.

Based on her words, the perspective from fans that state there are 5-6 spots to fill does not align with how she is building the roster for next season.

So when anyone talks about a lack of interest or expecting to add 5 to 6 players this is based on a false perception of the team that CKC does not have.
She is recruiting specific athletes and setting up visits with only those players that fit her system.
LKapinus and Ruby are players that can def make the team contenders immediately with the current players and the two coming in June. You have to close the deal and this team will be ELITE as Lazo says now.

Reactions: krichunaka
What’s the latest UT WBB!! portal news in Knoxville?

Today, I will take a look at some more game footage of UT WBB current portal commits and recruits that are visiting this weekend.

Major news this week with All ACC freshman commit Alyssa Latham signing with VolClub. I expect that Spearman the #30 ranked 2022 player will also have a nice NIL offer in Knoxville!

Tennessee is taking NIL to the next level. Some very exciting recruiting news from Coach Lazo and Coach Tubner Insta pages makes me think that CKC and her staff is blitzing the recruiting trial!

GBO🍊!
Loving it! 😁🧡💙🧡

The coaches.. Coach Caldwell, Coach Lazo (Miss State) and Coach Tubner (Alabama) do not view the roster the same as fans.

You might disagree with it and that’s fine but to her she has stated multiple times that she is high on the players here and they have worked very hard.

When talking about Alyssa Latham and Lazaria Spearman recruitment from the portal she stated they are high on both, and they will add a few more pieces from the portal.

Based on her words, the perspective from fans that state there are 5-6 spots to fill does not align with how she is building the roster for next season.

So when anyone talks about a lack of interest or expecting to add 5 to 6 players this is based on a false perception of the team that CKC does not have.
She is recruiting specific athletes and setting up visits with only those players that fit her system.
I think this pretty accurate. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: House|RockyTop
LKapinus and Ruby are players that can def make the team contenders immediately with the current players and the two coming in June. You have to close the deal and this team will be ELITE as Lazo says now.

The truth is we know Ruby Whitehorn is being recruited and considering her options. I haven’t seen anything to suggest which team she is leaning towards.. only speculation at this point.

Now as far as Kapinus, all of this centers around what seems to be her building a public audience towards her transfer/recruitment process.

Nothing from any UT source or coaching staff that hints towards UT actively recruiting LK.
LK and Coach Lazo following each other is likely since he recruited her to Miss State.

She started follow multiple UT players and also Coach Tubner that generated the discussion.

Same with following the little Vandy players and coaches on Insta.

Maybe something comes from it but at this point I don’t consider much of her recruitment to be substantial. Penn State was decent. She has some good film. And some not so good film. Could be solid piece on a good team.

We will see.

Reactions: Deebowbear
The truth is we know Ruby Whitehorn is being recruited and considering her options. I haven’t seen anything to suggest which team she is leaning towards.. only speculation at this point.

Now as far as Kapinus, all of this centers around what seems to be her building a public audience towards her transfer/recruitment process.

Nothing from any UT source or coaching staff that hints towards UT actively recruiting LK.
LK and Coach Lazo following each other is likely since he recruited her to Miss State.

She started follow multiple UT players and also Coach Tubner that generated the discussion.

Maybe something comes from it but at this point I don’t consider much of her recruitment to be substantial. Penn State was decent. She has some good film. And some not so good film. Could be solid piece on a good team.

We will see.
Interesting bc LK was spotted on campus visiting the same days Ruby were.

We will see.
She was literally on campus it was confirmed

Thank you as always for the smart assessment.

It would be nice to fill out the roster with players that we might have more than one year just so we don’t have a huge turnover next year as well. So far we have signed two that can possibly be around in year 2. I know there is no guarantee that they will stay both years with the portal, but there is the possibility that they can stay. If Whitehorn comes aboard, then that is another. However, I don’t think we’ll fill them just to have bodies. At first I thought we may go 15, but I think now we’ll only sign 2-3 more.
Wished Whitehorn would and Napinus or someone then get one of Spencer or Dwyer

VN Store

Back