2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

She’s like Banghart. Gets some recruits and can’t coach them to the Elite 8.
Speaking of Banghart, Deja Kelly made it official today that she's not returning to North Carolina.

I'm not surprised. Banghart in some of losing post press conferences would throw Kelly and other players under the bus and Kelly snapped back at her in one of those pressers. I will say that some UNC fans are glad she's gone and others are wondering what's going on with the program as a whole. I might upload that presser with that exchange if I can find it.

Frese is a polarizing figure. She won a NC but she's doesn't get the accolades and credit for it.

Last edited:
Speaking of Banghart, Deja Kelly made it official today that she's not returning to North Carolina.

I'm not surprised. Banghart in some of losing post press conferences would throw Kelly and other players under the bus and Kelly snapped back at her in one of those pressers. I will say that some UNC fans are glad she's gone and others are wondering what's going on with the program as a whole.

Frese is a polarizing figure. She won a NC but she's doesn't ger the accolades and credit for it.

Yeah, Banghart and Frese lack something…. can’t get over the hump.

If a player really wanted to play for UT, why would they wait 5 days or longer to announce their commitment? Wouldn’t they be worried that a couple others may commit in the meantime leaving them on the outside?

I get the feeling their heart isn’t with UT and they are just looking around to see where they can get the best “deal”. Which is ok but I wish their heart was with UT assuming they are being offered a decent NIL deal at UT even if it isn’t the highest.

If a player really wanted to play for UT, why would they wait 5 days or longer to announce their commitment? Wouldn’t they be worried that a couple others may commit in the meantime leaving them on the outside?

I get the feeling their heart isn’t with UT and they are just looking around to see where they can get the best “deal”. Which is ok but I wish their heart was with UT assuming they are being offered a decent NIL deal at UT even if it isn’t the highest.
Assuming your talkiing about Ruby, the rumor was she committed to the coaches while she was here. If that's true, she could just be waiting to announce for whatever reason. I don't think she's taken any other visits and as long as that's the case we have a chance.

Also, IMO it's unfair to immediately jump to "she's looking for more money" as the default reason a recruit doesn't sign. Unless she's going somewhere super elite where their rolling in dough, and Ruby isn't, I'd say the money is approximately equal and therefore not the deciding factor. It seemed to be a deciding factor for us when we didn't have any, or much, money, but now that we do it's probably not that far off fm other teams like us. So other things, like who can develop her into a big money superstar and W player, where she feels comfy, where she likes the school set up, etc can be just as important.

I am just confused on how much to offer a recruit and who decides the amount per player.

Assuming your talkiing about Ruby, the rumor was she committed to the coaches while she was here. If that's true, she could just be waiting to announce for whatever reason. I don't think she's taken any other visits and as long as that's the case we have a chance.

Also, IMO it's unfair to immediately jump to "she's looking for more money" as the default reason a recruit doesn't sign. Unless she's going somewhere super elite where their rolling in dough, and Ruby isn't, I'd say the money is approximately equal and therefore not the deciding factor. It seemed to be a deciding factor for us when we didn't have any, or much, money, but now that we do it's probably not that far off fm other teams like us. So other things, like who can develop her into a big money superstar and W player, where she feels comfy, where she likes the school set up, etc can be just as important.
Your “assumption” is wrong.
My statement was not about any particular player but a general statement. It is not an absolute statement since there are almost always exceptions and extenuating circumstances.

They commit to the coaches…. some never put out anything… Heard from the football team just showed up in classes.

Last edited:
What are you willing to offer to keep a player from playing elsewhere?

Good point Majors. With NIL and the portal, a coach not only has to recruit new players they have to recruit the good current ones from being poached by other teams offering more playing time and $. Its much tougher on coaches today.

VN Store

Back