2024 US House Races

Fine AOC, here's the conversation:

It's a free country. Any group can spend money on anything they find worthwhile. Period, end of story
she's actually right. Aipac promotes the interests of a foreign govt through the us govt without registering as such. Thomas Massie explained it throughly on Tucker's podcast

she's actually right. Aipac promotes the interests of a foreign govt through through the us govt without registering as such. Thomas Massie explained it throughly on Tucker's podcast
I must say I'm not up on the rules regarding registering with FARA. If they should then fine. He's a Congressman. Look into it. But ultimately it's political. AOC and Massie are on the same side in that they don't want US money going to support Israel

One down and four to go ... I wonder what her thoughts are on Act Blue?

From the article:

“This was about $20 million in big money being spent in a historic sum, unlike any seen in American history. Point-blank. Period,” Ocasio-Cortez told reporters from the Capitol on Wednesday. “I think we need to have a real conversation about the AIPAC,” she continued. “I think that what we do need to have a real conversation about is how a Republican, primarily Republican and largely Republican-financed organization is playing and dumping money and playing an extremely divisive role in the Democratic Party.”

Honestly, AIPAC wasted a bunch of money on this race. At the time that AIPAC released their first ad, Bowman was trailing by 17 points in the polls. $16 million later and Bowman lost by... 17 points.

Reactions: EasternVol
Would you be happy if out of state activists decided your local elections?
I don’t agree with the premise of your question. First of all, out of state activists can and do buy airtime and other things in an attempt to influence an election. Our country does things to influence elections in other countries too. Am I happy about it? No but I accept it as a fact of life in a free society

I don’t agree with the premise of your question. First of all, out of state activists can and do buy airtime and other things in an attempt to influence an election. Our country does things to influence elections in other countries too. Am I happy about it? No but I accept it as a fact of life in a free society
What's wrong with the premise?

I thought I explained that. I’ll try again

Spending money doesn’t necessarily decide elections. I think a better way of putting it is “an attempt to influence an election “
Money doesn't necessarily decide elections but it's a major factor.

VN Store

Back