2024 Vols will have the best d-line in the country....BY FAR

Yeah, it's not like this was any great revelation. There was a lot of preseason hype over the Tennessee D line

UMMMMM NO! Its like saying Beattle Juice ! Now look what you done!
I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the thread title. And it came to fruition, he's back to espouse his shameless self promotion. But just maybe this time he might be right.

Reactions: midtnvol2
Is actually right for once?

He said earlier this was the best Dline in the country. And you know what I’m ready to say he’s right on this. No other team has the talent and depth that we rotate from game to game.

I would love to hear opinions and see if anyone has another team they think is on par with our Dline.
One could say almost anything and be right at least once. Look at Washington, they MAKE stuff up completely, and are right about as much as D4H.

He said earlier this was the best Dline in the country. And you know what I’m ready to say he’s right on this. No other team has the talent and depth that we rotate from game to game.

I would love to hear opinions and see if anyone has another team they think is on par with our Dline.
No, we can't logically say that. Such an assessment must be based on a body of work. That won't happen until the team has endured a full CFB season. Meanwhile, our boys can play like they are the best to enhance the chances they will be just that when their entire body of work is completed. I love our Vols too, but some of you folks not only jump the gun, you shoot yourselves in the head with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

He’s been proven on the mark about this high bar defense detail.

With this badass strong advantage then realistically we can realistically defeat Georgia if battle of trenches is won by Vols Dline, along with the Vols offense executing more explosive plays, and protecting the football.

The Vols defensive line is a Lamborghini Countach. That same amazing Lamborghini car that looks like it got designed by Spock and the Star Trek Crew.

IMG_0863.jpegIMG_0864.jpeg

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
I have also noticed the defense communicates and plays well together. I think the communication/coordination is their strength. The linebackers play well into the DL system and the secondary seems to be holding their own at times.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I noticed Omari Thomas did not start against OU, the tackles on play one were Eason and Simmons. Was that covered in another thread? I’m pretty sure Thomas played I was just surprised Simmons got the start. Anybody know specifics on this?

Reactions: MemphisVol77

No, because he has said so much wild **** that he has to be right at some point. A broken clock is right twice a day, and never anymore. He still shows up all "matter-of-fact" with everything.

Ah, nevermind...user account! lol Thought it was a podcast I was missing
Thank you for the credit. Here's exactly what I said: 2024 Vols will have the best d-line in the country....BY FAR

Not only would we be the best but it wouldn't be close. I also said look out for Jayson Jenkins as a potential breakout player. And last week he made the huge safety.

Hopefully my prophecy about us winning the national title also comes true.

Reactions: utnut1
Setting aside the obvious riffing on D4H's winning % on the big predictions I don't want to get too far out in calling anything "right" that many rungs up the ladder. Remember, the claim is "best d-line line in the country...BY FAR".

So after playing literally 1 legit team (that Houston held to 16pts and 249y) is it even possible to call that one way or the other? I think it's fair for even the BVS types to come out and acknowledge this is a really good defense. Of all the d-lines in the country it's already a forgone conclusion it's us and everybody else fighting for crumbs? I want to see more. And I mean that literally...how great would it be to come out of the GA game and look back over the season and still view our D like we do now? But we obviously can't do that yet and reality is cumulative. There's plenty of time left to ascertain exactly what we have with this team moving forward, d-line or otherwise.

VN Store

Back