2024 Vols will have the best d-line in the country....BY FAR

If this is true then shouldn't it translate to the NFL? I see reports of Hendon Hooker struggling in Lions camp and potentially being 3rd on the depth chart. Jalin Hyatt had 0 TDs last year. And so on. If the 2022 team was more talented than the 2015 and 2016 teams then we should see that in the NFL.

I'm willing to bet in 8 years there will be less Vols from the 2022 team collecting NFL checks than guys from the 2016 team who are collecting NFL checks right now.
And Dobbs has had a hard time making rosters. Malone isn't playing anymore. Kamara has been the most successful by far. Barnett's a had a good career too. Jennings has found a niche. Sutton's been decent

He's not optimistic, HomeGrown. He's manic. And when the passage of time does not prove him right, he will turn on our lads and coaches in a heartbeat. He'll wish for our rivals to beat us, just so everything can burn to the ground.

He truly is on that Duning-Kruger curve I posted earlier. Trouble is, he never gets past ignorant confidence. Never grows in knowledge...or humility. He's stuck.

I defended him for a while the first time he appeared, sort of the way you're doing. "Yeah, he has outlandish takes, but let him fan." Until events proved him wrong. Then he turned on the team in a vicious way, utterly unacceptable. The guy is not healthy, not wholesome, not innocent. Sad, but true.
I'm convinced he's a fan.....of some team other than UT. He just comes here to troll with his nonsense.

He's not optimistic, HomeGrown. He's manic. And when the passage of time does not prove him right, he will turn on our lads and coaches in a heartbeat. He'll wish for our rivals to beat us, just so everything can burn to the ground.

He truly is on that Duning-Kruger curve I posted earlier. Trouble is, he never gets past ignorant confidence. Never grows in knowledge...or humility. He's stuck.

I defended him for a while the first time he appeared, sort of the way you're doing. "Yeah, he has outlandish takes, but let him fan." Until events proved him wrong. Then he turned on the team in a vicious way, utterly unacceptable. The guy is not healthy, not wholesome, not innocent. Sad, but true
So he’s just pompous jerk’ I got it. We sure don’t need idiots that trash our boys pretending to be fans. I really don’t like to put people on ignore but if he takes a swing at our players at any point that’s exactly where he will go.

I'm a little disappointed in this OP. Where is the breakdown player by player comparing each of them directly to an NFL Hall of Famer? I know it's all catalogued, but we need to see it to become partially enlightened.

I can think of at least three or four schools with better quality and depth at the D line.

Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU...

I'm a little disappointed in this OP. Where is the breakdown player by player comparing each of them directly to an NFL Hall of Famer? I know it's all catalogued, but we need to see it to become partially enlightened.
We also need an analysis on each one of their faces. The more attractive the player the better they are according to the OP!

We also need an analysis on each one of their faces. The more attractive the player the better they are according to the OP!
And arm vascularity...don't forget that one.

Some people on here may not be familiar with the level of derangement in the OP's history. Here's just one (of manymanymanymany) example.

We'll be considered QBU pretty soon. Dobbs will be a superstar QB in 2018. Dormady has a good chance to be a 1st round pick in 2018. Guarantano could follow him in a year or two as a 1st-2nd round pick.

Its possible that by 2021 we will have 3 starting QBs in the NFL (Dobbs, Dormady, and Guarantano).

I also like Adrian Martinez potential. He's got some Josh Dobbs to his game.

And Dobbs has had a hard time making rosters. Malone isn't playing anymore. Kamara has been the most successful by far. Barnett's a had a good career too. Jennings has found a niche. Sutton's been decent

Yes Dobbs is having a hard time but remember he wasn't a heisman contender who was leading the #1 team in the country in college. If collegiate success is reflective of your talent then shouldn't Hendon Hooker have a better NFL career than Dobbs? Thus far they seem to have the same trajectory despite Hooker having better numbers in college and success as a senior.

Yes Dobbs is having a hard time but remember he wasn't a heisman contender who was leading the #1 team in the country in college. If collegiate success is reflective of your talent then shouldn't Hendon Hooker have a better NFL career than Dobbs? Thus far they seem to have the same trajectory despite Hooker having better numbers in college and success as a senior.
Oh FFS dude how long have you tried to sing the "greatness takes time" song with any players you've touted and now we're going to start truncating Hooker's comparative career to a rookie campaign coming off a major knee injury? I have no idea what Hendon's career will look like but comparing his "paints barely dry" campaign with Josh's what...9yrs...is ridiculous.

He’s going into his SECOND season. 😅 How many seasons before Dobbs got a SNAP in a non-exhibition game? You certainly didn’t dock him “success” points.

I can think of at least three or four schools with better quality and depth at the D line.

Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU...
I would have to question the inclusion of LSU.

Last year they had one of their worst defenses ever, then lost much of their underachieving DL from that, guys like Mason Smith who was named as pre-season All-Am. Sure, they landed a bluechip DT McKinley, but he will be a true freshman. They got a couple transfers ... from places like Grand Valley State, and a backup from Wisc. They are well below us as a DL unit, in my opinion.

That said, I do agree with your main point that there are probably a few other schools with equal or better DLs compared to our's.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRich
Oh FFS dude how long have you tried to sing the "greatness takes time" song with any players you've touted and now we're going to start truncating Hooker's comparative career to a rookie campaign coming off a major knee injury? I have no idea what Hendon's career will look like but comparing his "paints barely dry" campaign with Josh's what...9yrs...is ridiculous.

Well I'm simply using yall logic against yall. If Hooker is so much better than Dobbs then why would you need to use the same defenses I was using for the allegedly inferior player?

Well I'm simply using yall logic against yall. If Hooker is so much better than Dobbs then why would you need to use the same defenses I was using for the allegedly inferior player?
Better stats AND higher win percentage. Dismiss both “at your own peril”. 😏

He’s going into his SECOND season. 😅 How many seasons before Dobbs got a SNAP in a non-exhibition game? You certainly didn’t dock him “success” points.

In his second NFL season Dobbs won the backup job behind Big Ben and played in 5 regular season games. Most were mop up duty but he did complete a significant 3rd down pass against Baltimore backed up in his goal line that helped Pittsburgh win that game. And he played extensively against the Oakland Raiders that year after Big Ben got roughed up.

So by year 2 Dobbs was making plays in the regular season. Let's see if Hooker can win the backup job in Year 2 like Dobbs did before talking crazy.

Better stats AND higher win percentage. Dismiss both “at your own peril”. 😏

Then he should have a better NFL career than Dobbs. But as of now he doesn't seem to be any better in Year 2 than Dobbs in year 2 at Pittsburgh.

In his second NFL season Dobbs won the backup job behind Big Ben and played in 5 regular season games. Most were mop up duty but he did complete a significant 3rd down pass against Baltimore backed up in his goal line that helped Pittsburgh win that game. And he played extensively against the Oakland Raiders that year after Big Ben got roughed up.

So by year 2 Dobbs was making plays in the regular season. Let's see if Hooker can win the backup job in Year 2 like Dobbs did before talking crazy.
Completed a whopping SIX passes that season…didn’t play a down in 2019…completed a whopping FOUR passes in 2021 and was gone from the Steelers in 2022. Hopefully Hooker has a much better career arc because that’s not a lot to live up to.

You're using zero logic and, as a bonus, ignoring your own history.

Yes or no, you've repeatedly used "greatness takes time" or "just wait" when kicking the can down the road hoping for one of your prognostications to pan out. Now given that why the hell would you take Hendon to task for coming off a rookie season where

1:he was coming off major knee surgery and
2:even if healthy he was backing up the league's #2 in yards and #4 in TD's (the fact that it's Goff we're talking about makes it even funnier)

That kind of comparison could only be made by someone who put in zero thought or is an idiot.

I'm not sure Hooker wasn't a product of the system, but he's still a much better passer of the ball than Dobbs. You predicted Dobbs would start easy in the league and be All-Pro caliber. You said the same thing about Sutton, but at least he's been mostly a starter

Just cause you're the tallest midget doesn't make you tall. In 2022 we were a tall midget. In an era of subpar college football talent we were better than most. I personally don't get excited by winning. I get excited by watching great athletes being great. Right now we have the making of a super talented team and that excites me more than a not so talented team surprisingly winning 11 games.
Do they speak English in what?

Reactions: GroverCleveland
FWIW, Lindy's ranks UT's defensive line number 6 in the country. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, and Georgia are ranked ahead of UT.

Completed a whopping SIX passes that season…didn’t play a down in 2019…completed a whopping FOUR passes in 2021 and was gone from the Steelers in 2022. Hopefully Hooker has a much better career arc because that’s not a lot to live up to.

True. It's not much. Which is why I don't get why you're not willing to say if Hooker doesn't live up to that measly standard that he was a product of circumstance here at Tennessee rather than being a superior talent.

All catalogued haha

VN Store

Back