2025 Recruiting

Two things you hear from coaches. We don’t look at ratings, we trust our evaluations. And, we recruit players based on fit. Fit is a factor but every coach prefers the best talent.
Exactly. Top coaches prefer the best talent and trust themselves to evaluate it. So I trust their evaluations too.

Exactly. Top coaches prefer the best talent and trust themselves to evaluate it. So I trust their evaluations too.
For elite talent, that lines up with the ratings very well particularly in MBB and FB where the coverage is better. No one questioned Nico or Jeremiah Smith and Ryan Williams and everyone on the planet wanted them. Same with Boozer and Dybantsa in MBB. And no one worried about “fit”. That becomes more of a consideration when you are talking about prospects much further down the talent spectrum.

For elite talent, that lines up with the ratings very well particularly in MBB and FB where the coverage is better. No one questioned Nico or Jeremiah Smith and Ryan Williams and everyone on the planet wanted them. Same with Boozer and Dybantsa in MBB. And no one worried about “fit”. That becomes more of a consideration when you are talking about prospects much further down the talent spectrum.
Big disagree.

Reactions: lfvol
2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#8 Dee Alexander to Cincinati
#47 Aubrey Beckham to Georgia
#11 Divine Bourrage to LSU
#17 Nyla Brooks To NC
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#32 Jaida Civil
#3 Jasmine Davidson to USC
#33 Madison Francis
#61 Lena Girardi to Oklahoma State
#42 Holland Harris To Clemson
#68 Layla Hayes not top 8
#21 Taliyah Henderson To N.Carolina
# 41 Lauren Hurst
#64 Adelaide Jernigan not in top 3
#12 Zakiyah Johnson not in her top 6
#6 Grace Knox
Alyssa Koerkenmeier to St. Louis U.
#58 Destiny Lunan
#18 Leah Macy to ND
#19 Brynn McGaughy To Washington
#35 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#25 Keeley Parks
#14 Mia Pauldo To Tennessee!
#54 Mya Pauldo To Tennessee!
#13 Deniya Prawl
#7 Emilee Skinner to Duke
#23 Lara Somfai not top 3
#9 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#51 Janiyah Williams To Oregon

Wow that is just completely false. No other way to say it. Fit is VITAL even with higher ranked recruits.

Reactions: Jjohns14
Wow that is just completely false. No other way to say it. Fit is VITAL even with higher ranked recruits.
You get “fit” with the pieces you put around the very elite. Let me know who did not recruit Nico, Smith, Williams, Dybantsa and Boozer due to fit. It does not happen other than they may not fit into your NIL.

Trying to make things fit … like putting the wrong air filter in a car and having the engine screwed up?
I have no doubt that Kim will be able to recruit the type of players that we need to compete for championships. Recruiting will be decent/good this year and improve every season. Even with NIL, it is still about building relationships. The twins are a great start to this class.

Trying to make things fit … like putting the wrong air filter in a car and having the engine screwed up?
For every metal screw that doesn't fit, their is a tap to re-thread hole

For every wood screw that doesn't fit, their is a shim (personally I take the wood screw out and put a few pieces of a toothpick in the hole and it rethreads and holds tight)

In carpentry/mechanics, just like in coaching we lots of "loose screws" we have to figure out how to re-thread

For every wood screw that doesn't fit, their is a shim (personally I take the wood screw out and put a few pieces of a toothpick in the hole and it rethreads and holds tight)

In carpentry/mechanics, just like in coaching we lots of "loose screws" we have to figure out how to re-thread
Wow. Great analogy.

Kind of applies to online forums, too! 🤣🤣🤣😉🤙🏼

Hello! You get the pieces and MAKE THEM FIT!
Agree. Or make your system fit. No way Dawn or Geno turn down Joyce Edwards or Sarah Strong due to "fit". These kids are such great athletes they can fit almost anything, and will. If you're turning down these players for fit perhaps your system is too inflexible.

Cultural and off court fit is a whole nother thing though. That's the only way I can imagine fit ruling out a tippy top player.

Agree. Or make your system fit. No way Dawn or Geno turn down Joyce Edwards or Sarah Strong due to "fit". These kids are such great athletes they can fit almost anything, and will. If you're turning down these players for fit perhaps your system is too inflexible.

Cultural and off court fit is a whole nother thing though. That's the only way I can imagine fit ruling out a tippy top player.
zackly

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I think that's what they're referring to. As well as attitude, work ethic etc.

Bad analogy… people don’t buy screws that won’t fit and try to adapt them. They but the right screw for the right job. CKC inherited a bunch of players. She will adapt to make those players to fit what she wants to run. I think CKC will have a mixture of elite talent and role/fit type of players.

Even Pat’s last starting lineup had three elite recruits..(Hornbuckle, Anosike,and Parker). She had two role/fit players. (Alberte Auguste, and Shannon Bobbitt). We wouldn’t have won without those two players.

Reactions: Ladyvols4ever!

VN Store

Back