2025 Recruiting

I feel like she is all Longhorns - or,, at least the Longhorns' to lose.

I just consider us Gamecocks a fancy hat on the table, except that UConn is not also a hat on the table as is so usual. Oh well, we'll see what she does in about 13 months.
UConn already has their point guard committed for 25. Also UConn doesn't pursue as many players as some clubs typically around 8-10 a year. Currently Husky Nan lists 5 known offers with 3 question marks and 2 commits for 2025 recruiting. Chavez did not get an offer from UConn and perhaps she didn't want one.

Last edited:
UConn already has their point guard committed for 25. Also UConn doesn't pursue as many players as some clubs typically around 8-10 a year. Currently Husky Nan lists 5 known offers with 3 question marks and 2 commits for 2025 recruiting. Chavez did not get an offer from UConn and perhaps she didn't want one.

Guarantee you she was pursued by UConn and very likely offered at some point. Or maybe she let them know very early she had no interest?? You seriously think they wouldn’t go after the #1 player and by far best point guard in the class and perhaps in any recent class??? No one in the program is sharing with Nan who gets offers and who doesn’t.

Last edited:
Guarantee you she was pursued by UConn and very likely offered at some point. Or maybe she let them know very early she had no interest?? You seriously think they wouldn’t go after the #1 player and by far best point guard in the class and perhaps in any recent class??? No one in the program is sharing with Nan who gets offers and who doesn’t.
I don't know if Nan knows anyone or not. But she has been around the program for a long time. Also Geno has very different qualifications for those he offers. Highly rated players who don't cheer for the subs, who don't stay engaged while on the bench do not get offers. She could have been sick and had bad body language 1 game and he blew her off. There's no telling. Players who don't get good grades don't get offers. He wants players who achieve off the court. Hoopgurlz has nothing to do with who he offers. His 2025 point guard was ranked mid 20's when she committed, lower than 4 other point guards. He could have held her off waiting to see if he could hook a 'bigger fish'. But that was who he wanted and accepted her commitment. So yeah there are times when the number 1 athlete does not get a UConn offer.

Reactions: StorrsCentral
I don't know if Nan knows anyone or not. But she has been around the program for a long time. Also Geno has very different qualifications for those he offers. Highly rated players who don't cheer for the subs, who don't stay engaged while on the bench do not get offers. She could have been sick and had bad body language 1 game and he blew her off. There's no telling. Players who don't get good grades don't get offers. He wants players who achieve off the court. Hoopgurlz has nothing to do with who he offers. His 2025 point guard was ranked mid 20's when she committed, lower than 4 other point guards. He could have held her off waiting to see if he could hook a 'bigger fish'. But that was who he wanted and accepted her commitment. So yeah there are times when the number 1 athlete does not get a UConn offer.

Yeah, we’ve heard all of this before from message board fans about Geno and just about every coach especially when their school isn’t listed or chosen, but bottom line is hardly any of us know who they’re offering and why or why not. They can’t and won’t say and certainly aren’t aren’t telling Nan or any other fan posting on a message board.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Guarantee you she was pursued by UConn …
…but bottom line is hardly any of us know who they’re offering and why or why not.

So, then, you guarantee what you don't know. OK. Hard to argue with “up is down” or with “black is white”.

Would be interesting to see the factual sources you base your guarantee on.

PS- heartfelt opinions are fine on message boards. Presenting them as if they were facts is
dicey.

So Geno didn't even think to offer the number 1 player in the nation? Crazy... Some kids wanna grow up and be uconn others wanna grow up and beat them.

Regardless she is a talented player and who ever lands her will be better i believe

I have no idea if Chavez received an offer from Uconn butI can tell you she was recruited by Uconn. 1. I read some site's post Geno was at one of her games 2. If you don't believe me Husky Nan who you trust even as her as being recruited by Uconn.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah, we’ve heard all of this before from message board fans about Geno and just about every coach especially when their school isn’t listed or chosen, but bottom line is hardly any of us know who they’re offering and why or why not. They can’t and won’t say and certainly aren’t aren’t telling Nan or any other fan posting on a message board.
Reminds me of the time, after making the game-winning shot to knock UConn out of the final four, Geno said he never even considered recruiting Arike Ogunbowale. Sure, Jan!

Reminds me of the time, after making the game-winning shot to knock UConn out of the final four, Geno said he never even considered recruiting Arike Ogunbowale. Sure, Jan!
In the interest of accuracy, doesn't "knock UConn out of the final four" mean that they didn't make the final four ? (They were already in the final four in both 2018 & 2019)
I think the correct terminology would be "knock UConn out of the championship game".

Reactions: mcannon1
In the interest of accuracy, doesn't "knock UConn out of the final four" mean that they didn't make the final four ? (They were already in the final four in both 2018 & 2019)
I think the correct terminology would be "knock UConn out of the championship game".
I would never have considered the question had you not mentioned it, so at least it's an eye-opening discussion! But to me, getting knocked out of the championship game means you played in the championship game, ymmv!

Reactions: volnationnj
Of course Geno went to see Chevas play, he watches all of them to find out if they will fit in the UConn program. Team chemistry is important to UConns success, and if he feels the prospect doesn't seem like a team player he will not offer, still I can't say if he offered or not. As far as Arike, she does what she wants on the court, and that's not a trait that will fit the UConn role. Rankings mean nothing, it's just a number just like the NCAA top 25. Until they play, nothing is certain. As far as player rankings, Sue Bird, arguably the best PG in the game, was ranked #20 I believe when she was recruited.

Most players receive letters of interest from schools. It's a polite way to let the athlete know the program is going to be doing a background check. The majority of letters of interest do not result in an offer. Many athletes will post of a connection to UConn, LV, SC, etc. to garner interest from other schools. I feel strongly that Chavez received a letter of interest as did Ogunbowale. They probably also received 100 other letters of interest. Ogunbowale did not receive a UConn offer but on her final list stated she 'considered' UConn. Indicating she had turned UConn down.

Of course Geno went to see Chevas play, he watches all of them to find out if they will fit in the UConn program. Team chemistry is important to UConns success, and if he feels the prospect doesn't seem like a team player he will not offer, still I can't say if he offered or not. As far as Arike, she does what she wants on the court, and that's not a trait that will fit the UConn role. Rankings mean nothing, it's just a number just like the NCAA top 25. Until they play, nothing is certain. As far as player rankings, Sue Bird, arguably the best PG in the game, was ranked #20 I believe when she was recruited.
Speaking of Geno he isn't getting any younger..who will replace him when he retires in your opinion?

Most players receive letters of interest from schools. It's a polite way to let the athlete know the program is going to be doing a background check. The majority of letters of interest do not result in an offer. Many athletes will post of a connection to UConn, LV, SC, etc. to garner interest from other schools. I feel strongly that Chavez received a letter of interest as did Ogunbowale. They probably also received 100 other letters of interest. Ogunbowale did not receive a UConn offer but on her final list stated she 'considered' UConn. Indicating she had turned UConn down.
So does Nan AKA the Boneyard posts inaccurate information about recruits ? I am sure one doesn't post all names who received a letter of interest under "players recruited".....lol I'd also say under offers there's a question mark...This mean she doesn't know if the player was offered. Unless she has direct knowledge and/or works for the Usonn women's basketball her information will never be 100% accurate. I am sure she's right often but her info just as easily could be wrong as far as offers and who's actually being recruited.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 2.14.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 2.14.10 PM.png
    72 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
So does Nan AKA the Boneyard posts inaccurate information about recruits ? I am sure one doesn't post all names who received a letter of interest under "players recruited".....lol I'd also say under offers there's a question mark...This mean she doesn't know if the player was offered. Unless she has direct knowledge and/or works for the Usonn women's basketball her information will never be 100% accurate. I am sure she's right often but her info just as easily could be wrong as far as offers and who's actually being recruited.

It’s just a chart made with information fans get via social media. Sometimes the player will post about a specific offer, an article done by reporters or the player’s AAU club announces it. Some players post a list of schools that have offered them as well, so I’m assuming that’s where the “Yes” or “No” comes from. The “?” probably indicates players who don’t post offers.

Players of interest are players the coaches follow on Instagram/Twitter, have visited through or an open practice or watched on the circuit.

It’s just a chart made with information fans get via social media. Sometimes the player will post about a specific offer, an article done by reporters or the player’s AAU club announces it. Some players post a list of schools that have offered them as well, so I’m assuming that’s where the “Yes” or “No” comes from. The “?” probably indicates players who don’t post offers.

Players of interest are players the coaches follow on Instagram/Twitter, have visited through or an open practice or watched on the circuit.

I completely understand all that. If you read the thread you'll see a poster stated Chavez was only sent a letter of interest. They said Chavez wasn't pursued or offered. They also state they trust Nan and if she says it , it's true (my words) ...Chavez is under "no longer being recruited" So either you believe Nan and Chavez was actually recruited by Geno Or you believe she only received a letter of interest even though the chart clearly shows she was being recruited.

Pointing out the question mark was simply showing her information is no 100% accurate. So yes a player may have been offered and those outside the program might never know.

If you've ever scrolled the UConn board you'll realize that no prospect actually ever turns them down. It's always the other way around. With rare exceptions. A'Ja Wilson, A. Boston, Haley Jones. Too late for "those grapes were sour anyway" routine. Especially Boston. And of course the Texas girl who reneged.

It's no different than what you get in coaching searches. "The job is yours only if you agree to accept it". What can honestly be said is that they do a terrific job of moving on when they realize they don't have traction with a recruit. Avoiding having themselves used as a pawn in someone's hat game. It's the brand.

VN Store

Back