2025 Recruiting

Nyla Brooks is elite.. going to be a great addition to this LV program. Her performance against Montverde Academy was remarkable.
I watched her play last night. She looks like a young Horston, same body. Can create her own shot with her jump shot, gets a lot of height on it. Smoother shooter than Horston was mechanically.

I watched her play last night. She looks like a young Horston, same body. Can create her own shot with her jump shot, gets a lot of height on it. Smoother shooter than Horston was mechanically.
So many Jordy vibes! Even has that same lopey running style. Seems super dedicated, can't wait till she gets here.

Unfortunately, none of this wonderful future help will be available Thursday night.

Nyla is #24 in white, the home team. This is last nights game. Lot of potential, lot of stuff to work on also like almost all HS players. She can create her own shot, which you can’t teach and her stroke is nice. Number one for away team is Madisen McDaniel, the S.C. committ.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Goof troop unhinged lol!
The elite 5-star LV commit Nyla Brooks team beat the #5 ranked HS team led by a SC commit according to ESPN national rankings and this NV said they aren’t good lol👆.

2012, you are incorrect on the SC case. The money paid to team members ($25k) is set up and distributed by a collective made up of corporate sponsors who engage the players in marketing responsibilities for the businesses. It is 100% legal. Similar to every Texas OL getting $50k under same setup. The Mercedes Benz that RJ gets free use of? Same deal, it's not done by the school and it comes with some responibilities to the corporate donor. Players are allowed to make $ from their name, image and likeness now of course. The schools just cannot be the ones paying the players or be the source of the funding.
Rooster, while I am sure you are correct about the setup of the SC NIL collective, you may not be entirely correct about the "legality" of the arrangement under current NCAA rules. Currently, schools cannot be involved in arrangements for NIL deals other than to provide guidance to their student-athletes in navigating the NIL quagmire. NIL cannot, currently, be used (wink - wink) for recruiting purposes. Considering this, if the coaches at South Carolina, or any school, tell a recruit (even if truthfully based on information provided by the collective), sign with us, and you get $25,000.00/year guaranteed, this would appear to violate the current NCAA rules. Obviously, one way around this would be to simply tell a recruit, "We can't talk to you about NIL, but there is this collective, and you can contact them at this number."

That said, as has been noted earlier, the NCAA action against Tennessee and Virginia, and the resulting lawsuit, will, in my opinion, result in significant changes to, if not complete elimination of, the NCAA ability to regulate member schools, student athletes and NIL.

Jim

Obviously, one way around this would be to simply tell a recruit, "We can't talk to you about NIL, but there is this collective, and you can contact them at this number."
I'm sure the schools figured this out long ago. The drill is find donors willing to finance the salary, or signing bonus, and make sure the collective lets recruits know about it. To maintain the guise of NIL, you attach some fuzzy "requirements" to the salary on the order of "if you get famous enough we may have you make a tik tok someday". Even that guise is likely to be gone soon and it's straight up pay for play.

Apparently the first part, getting donors willing to pony up, is the LVs problem.

Reactions: AllVols3
Rooster, while I am sure you are correct about the setup of the SC NIL collective, you may not be entirely correct about the "legality" of the arrangement under current NCAA rules. Currently, schools cannot be involved in arrangements for NIL deals other than to provide guidance to their student-athletes in navigating the NIL quagmire. NIL cannot, currently, be used (wink - wink) for recruiting purposes. Considering this, if the coaches at South Carolina, or any school, tell a recruit (even if truthfully based on information provided by the collective), sign with us, and you get $25,000.00/year guaranteed, this would appear to violate the current NCAA rules. Obviously, one way around this would be to simply tell a recruit, "We can't talk to you about NIL, but there is this collective, and you can contact them at this number."

That said, as has been noted earlier, the NCAA action against Tennessee and Virginia, and the resulting lawsuit, will, in my opinion, result in significant changes to, if not complete elimination of, the NCAA ability to regulate member schools, student athletes and NIL.

Jim
It does and that is what I was saying in another post. Yet the NCAA is not looking into it like they are the Tennessee collective which has not even said anything even similar to a guarantee amount. I know A&M had to shut theirs down when they announced 50 grand for all their linemen. NCAA is more concerned with football than basketball, but they need to stop everyone or no one.

Jim

Who's going to govern college sports if not the NCAA? The NCAA is a member organization--and as such all members should have input in
the process of governance and regulation. The problem is that booster-driven programs don't like rules.

Who's going to govern college sports if not the NCAA? The NCAA is a member organization--and as such all members should have input in
the process of governance and regulation. The problem is that booster-driven programs don't like rules.
There will be another governing body formed which will be as hated and reviled as the NCAA is now within a few years. The burn it down part is easy, the build it back part not so much.

There will be another governing body formed which will be as hated and reviled as the NCAA is now within a few years. The burn it down part is easy, the build it back part not so much.
With play for pay installed still need a Governing body to govern transfer rules and a salary cap so schools don't go into crazy spending mode. Hate the decision of player getting two free transfers when one is plenty. If that is out as well really don't need a Governing body anymore as nothing to Govern.

Reactions: brittannica
With play for pay installed still need a Governing body to govern transfer rules and a salary cap so schools don't go into crazy spending mode. Hate the decision of player getting two free transfers when one is plenty. If that is out as well really don't need a Governing body anymore as nothing to Govern.
Many think transfer rules and a salary cap will never stand up in court since a broad ruling has already been made that nothing which restricts any marketablity or earning potential is legal. You still need a governing body to schedule, assign refs, set game rules etc, but as of now the wild west of every year unrestricted pay for play and pay for stay is the standard.

Brooks, Harris, Williams, Hurst, and Macy would be a super strong class. Go in the portal for two strong post players with two years to play and a point guard with best wing player you can get. Roster of fifteen next season with 8 returnees and five freshmen get you to 13 and the most talented roster that Coach Kellie has ever had. That is if she could get those five freshman and find that elite point guard and two post players in the portal. A lot of work a coaches that haven't done anything in high school recruiting. Had some hits and misses in the portal.

Many think transfer rules and a salary cap will never stand up in court since a broad ruling has already been made that nothing which restricts any marketablity or earning potential is legal. You still need a governing body to schedule, assign refs, set game rules etc, but as of now the wild west of every year unrestricted pay for play and pay for stay is the standard.
That why I say no need for a Governing body as what is left to govern. Guess going to class to play might be something.

VN Store

Back