2025 Recruiting

Doesn't Tamari have another year of eligibility, if she choses to advantage of it? I think she might have a possible medical red shirt for the year she had blood clots. GBO.
My understanding is she could come back next year (from this post to God’s ears) but that’s her last year of eligibility. Would love to see us get at least one true post player from the portal. Jill has stepped up the last three games, but she looked downright uncomfortable as a post player earlier this season.

Doesn't Tamari have another year of eligibility, if she choses to advantage of it? I think she might have a possible medical red shirt for the year she had blood clots. GBO.
She does, and I think there's a good chance she comes back. The problem is after next year we have no posts on the roster. Jill, Karo, and TK will all be out of eligibility after next year. That's why it's so important to get a quality young post this spring who can play with and learn from them next season.

2024 but only four players are either recruited or can return in 2025. We have 11 scholarships to give in 2025. We need a lot of players. The general strategy has to be since we have four scholarships for next season to give would be to load up four portal players with two seasons to play and then get five players in the 2025 class. We already have one so four more would give you eight plus four returnees would roster up at 12.

She’s announcing on Friday.

I believe her Dad is also sick so I wouldn’t be surprised if she stayed home and went to OSU.

Tell your friends, tell your coworkers, tell your family, if you want Tennessee to start getting Top 10 recruits again, donate to NIL. That’s where we are losing recruits. It’s coming down to money and big time Tennessee donors are not helping WBB with it.

Are people happy just getting any high school recruit or do we need the elite recruits?
We want elite recruits, and Tennessee is a finalist for several. They like Kellie and the coaching staff. But once another school offers a better NIL deal, we've lost out. People are blaming Kellie, but it is not her... with the high school recruits, it's all about the $$$.

We want elite recruits, and Tennessee is a finalist for several. They like Kellie and the coaching staff. But once another school offers a better NIL deal, we've lost out. People are blaming Kellie, but it is not her... with the high school recruits, it's all about the $$$.
Can u tell me the elite recruits that we are finalist for, I don’t follow everyrhing. Elite as in like Juju Watkins class?

They also want to play for a chance to win a National title
Once we are back in that realm,,,this talk of losing recruits to NIL,,,will be nil!

They also want to play for a chance to win a National title
Once we are back in that realm,,,this talk of losing recruits to NIL,,,will be nil!
It just takes that one elite recruit to come and the others will follow. USC was able to get Juju and they wasn’t winning anything before, and now Kennedy Smith is on her way as well, all we need is one to start the process.

It just takes that one elite recruit to come nd others will follow. USC was able to get Juju and they wasn’t winning anything before, and now Kennedy Smith is on her way as well, all we need is one to start the process.
If you build it, they will come

We have that ONE elite player right now, that we are not capitalizing on.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkPhoenix
It just takes that one elite recruit to come and the others will follow. USC was able to get Juju and they wasn’t winning anything before, and now Kennedy Smith is on her way as well, all we need is one to start the process.
Pretty sure the only thing that drew Juju and Kennedy to USCw was a nice competitive NIL deal.

Of Juju came here she would have many Nil deals as well, companies all over the country want her to represent them.
The initial deal or set of deals is the lure. The huge nationwide deals will only come once stardom is established.

Reactions: glv98
Not much u can do if the money is not there, no way to compete if it’s the way u said and we are outbid by everyone else. I can help if I hit PowerBall or Mega Millions but that’s a long shot.
That’s the problem. The money is there for the department. It’s how it is currently being allocated. Would that change if Kellie were replaced? Hard to tell. Only Danny could answer that and I figure some assurances would need to be made.

What are you talking about? The AD has nothing to do with LVBHC NIL. They're currently solely responsible for raising the NIL funds for women athletes at Tennessee and distributing those funds to the players.

That’s the problem. The money is there for the department. It’s how it is currently being allocated. Would that change if Kellie were replaced? Hard to tell. Only Danny could answer that and I figure some assurances would need to be made.

What are you talking about? The AD has nothing to do with LVBHC NIL. They're currently solely responsible for raising the NIL funds for women athletes at Tennessee and distributing those funds to the players.
Again, you correctly point to the problem. LVBHC. Pretty succinct. Thank you.

VN Store

Back