2025 Recruiting

I can see our recruiting really improving if we can get the NCAA out of NIL. Not allowed to make deals with high school students and that is hurting us as a lot of schools are cheating.
at some point we have to quit watching the game,,,and play it!

at some point we have to quit watching the game,,,and play it!
Not until we find out what is going to happen with the NCAA. Plus we'd need a different coach she is not a person that would do it cause if she was three or four players that went elsewhere would be here.

Not until we find out what is going to happen with the NCAA. Plus we'd need a different coach she is not a person that would do it cause if she was three or four players that went elsewhere would be here.
somebody in this administration needs to take a class on "risk v reward"

Reactions: AllVols3
I can see our recruiting really improving if we can get the NCAA out of NIL. Not allowed to make deals with high school students and that is hurting us as a lot of schools are cheating.
The collective can pay them any time they want, can't they? The Boost Her Club has to step up to the plate if we want to get back to the Elite status. The HS kids are getting paid before they commit, just like Nico did.

They got paid to go elsewhere. The Boost Her Club needs to step it up, Period. You're not going to get a coach, any coach if we don’t start paying the HS girls.

They got paid to go elsewhere. The Boost Her Club needs to step it up, Period. You're not going to get a coach, any coach if we don’t start paying the HS girls.
I know and it is illegal at this time. So until we can get the NCAA out of the way hard to do it without the NCAA trying to penalize you. They are trying to do that now in football and probably baseball. We need the Judge to rule or the state legislature to make it legal. We lost some players because of this and where was the NCAA then? Snooping around Tennessee while everyone else makes deals in plain site.

I know and it is illegal at this time. So until we can get the NCAA out of the way hard to do it without the NCAA trying to penalize you. They are trying to do that now in football and probably baseball. We need the Judge to rule or the state legislature to make it legal. We lost some players because of this and where was the NCAA then? Snooping around Tennessee while everyone else makes deals in plain site.
I also think WBB needs to be transitioned to the Vol Club. They have a lot more money and it’s obvious Terri cares more about softball than she does basketball. The softball team is doing well, don’t get me wrong, but basketball is a lot more cut throat and a lot more fans than softball

Looks like J Williams about to make a move. Will it be good news for Tennessee? She is a point guard that can really score highly rated.

I get very good vibes from her (which means nothing because what do I know 😂), but it would be nice to see land her and see some proof that we’ve figured out how to recruit high schoolers rather than just relying on the portal.

I get very good vibes from her (which means nothing because what do I know 😂), but it would be nice to see land her and see some proof that we’ve figured out how to recruit high schoolers rather than just relying on the portal.
I don't know if she and her family flirt w everyone the way they do with the LVs, but they're so friendly I though she was already a commit. They're Nyla Brooks level interactive w the program on social media.

But ya'll, another guard? LVs about to roll out truly positionless basketball.

I don't know if she and her family flirt w everyone the way they do with the LVs, but they're so friendly I though she was already a commit. They're Nyla Brooks level interactive w the program on social media.

Why not? Collect them all! Have far behind is the CBA and free agency? We can be the Boston Red Sox. Seems like 90% of their draft every year are shortstops!

Why not? Collect them all! Have far behind is the CBA and free agency? We can be the Boston Red Sox. Seems like 90% of their draft every year are shortstops!
We'll also have to adopt Mike Neighbors-like reboundless basketball, and I can feel Pat's icy stare from above at that idea. But we will quite literally have zero posts after next year.

Reactions: sgacock

For 2025 going to need a few guards. Only four players returning.

Reactions: travis929
The way I would work it if I was the one doing the work and considering the present roster. Returning in 2025 Strickland, Cooper, Boyd, and incoming Brooks. Recruit two to three guards for 2025 and one wing. One post player or two depending on the portal. Portal for next season two post players, four, and point guard all having two years of eligibility except you could take a point with just one season. This would give you a fairly flexible roster in 2025. Hopefully get you to four post players, a four, three wings, and five guards.

The way I would work it if I was the one doing the work and considering the present roster. Returning in 2025 Strickland, Cooper, Boyd, and incoming Brooks. Recruit two to three guards for 2025 and one wing. One post player or two depending on the portal. Portal for next season two post players, four, and point guard all having two years of eligibility except you could take a point with just one season. This would give you a fairly flexible roster in 2025. Hopefully get you to four post players, a four, three wings, and five guards.
Doesn't Tamari have another year of eligibility, if she choses to advantage of it? I think she might have a possible medical red shirt for the year she had blood clots. GBO.

Reactions: brittannica

VN Store

Back