2025 Recruiting

Looks like Coach Caldwell runs a decent half court set on offense when needed and runs the pressure not just to create turnovers but with the object to be speeding up the opponent to cause shot clock problems not allowing them a chance to get into their set offense. Trying to get them to play at a speed that they are not comfortable with and taking bad shots. Worked pretty well for Nolan Richardson at Arkansas. It did not translate to the NBA for Richardson because NBA guards are just to great of athletes to pressure them successfully as you can at lower levels. I think she is going to be fine! Can't wait to watch!

2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#4 Dee Alexander
Aubrey Beckham
#9 Divine Bourrage
#16 Nyla Brooks To Tennessee!
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#2 Jasmine Davidson Not in top 8
#14 Madison Francis
#54 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#47 Lauren Hurst
#45 Adelaide Jernigan
#5 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#8 Leah Macy
#15 Brynn McGaughy
#43 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#19 Keeley Parks
#11 Deniya Prawl
#10 Emilee Skinner
Lara Somfai
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#21 Janiyah Williams To Oregon
Hoopgurlz has updated their rankings: 2025 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Super 60 - ESPN

Of the uncommitted playes:
#6 Dee Alexander
#38 Aubrey Beckham
#4 Divine Bourrage
#15 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#23 Madison Francis
#57 Lena Girardi
Layla Hayes
#31 Lauren Hurst
#52 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#14 Leah Macy
#17 Brynn McGaughy
#27 Keeley Parks
#16 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#33 Lara Somfai

Biggest movers up seem to be Hurst and Somfai. Biggest drop I noticed was Janiyah Williams, who everyone thought might commit here, down from #21 to #49.

Hoopgurlz has updated their rankings: 2025 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Super 60 - ESPN

Of the uncommitted playes:
#6 Dee Alexander
#38 Aubrey Beckham
#4 Divine Bourrage
#15 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#23 Madison Francis
#57 Lena Girardi
Layla Hayes
#31 Lauren Hurst
#52 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#14 Leah Macy
#17 Brynn McGaughy
#27 Keeley Parks
#16 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#33 Lara Somfai

Biggest movers up seem to be Hurst and Somfai. Biggest drop I noticed was Janiyah Williams, who everyone thought might commit here, down from #21 to #49.
Hard to believe so many already committed

Updated

# ESPN ranking

#6 Dee Alexander
#38 Aubrey Beckham
#4 Divine Bourrage
#15 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#3 Jasmine Davidson Not in top 8
#23 Madison Francis
#57 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#31 Lauren Hurst
#52 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#14 Leah Macy
#17 Brynn McGaughy
#48 Jordan Ode (Michigan State)
#27 Keeley Parks
#16 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#33 Lara Somfai
#13 Hailee Swain (Stanford)
#49 Janiyah Williams (Oregon)

Updated

# ESPN ranking

#6 Dee Alexander
#38 Aubrey Beckham
#4 Divine Bourrage
#15 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#3 Jasmine Davidson Not in top 8
#23 Madison Francis
#57 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#31 Lauren Hurst
#52 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#14 Leah Macy
#17 Brynn McGaughy
#48 Jordan Ode (Michigan State)
#27 Keeley Parks
#16 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#33 Lara Somfai
#13 Hailee Swain (Stanford)
#49 Janiyah Williams (Oregon)
This is why a say again Keep Coach Sam,,,she has ties to several of the non-committals and where she goes those ties go.

If you think about it, Sam didn't recruit for Kellie,,she recruited for Tennessee
That commitment is unaffected by what HC left or arrived
These are her relationships,,not Tennessee's

When a coach comes to your game and watches you and talks afterward about your ambitions and dreams,,,you grow a bond with that coach,, not who she works for

You've got to remember,,,players are 18-23,,,they're not adults.
If you ask most any 18-23 year old how much money they made last year,,,they'd probably answer,,,"I made ___ and hour",,,not I made $18,000..They aren't world-wise enough to be concerned about money yet

Same with athletes
They want to play for a great coach and they want the end of season "Bling Bling" (trophy and maybe a ring).
This is all most ballers have grown up with anyway,,,..play a tourney, win a trophy, and go home and sleep

The ones following the money will not change their spots,,,,they will leave the one they went to for another's,,money,,,C YA

Welp now Vic is in on the action. Sure hope that contact they said they hadn't gotten has been made now.

Please remember, she’s the one who de-committed.

She is the one taking new visits.

She is the one making social media posts of other teams.

She’s a kid, I get it, but her uncle seems yappy and dramatic. I’m just not here for it.

CKC can’t control this, she can do her best, but it’s really Nyla who is stepping away. I don’t think I’d even call her at this point. She immediately made comments that she was mad Tennessee had fired Harper so it was a long shot she was going to remain committed.

Maybe they can reel her back in, but I truly think we will be starting from 0 with high school recruiting.

And I love coach Sam, but I do not anticipate she will be on staff at Tennessee next season. Most newly hired head coaches just are not going to take a chance on the previous coaches assistants, sets you up to be undermined immediately.

Yeah, I agree. Nyla is a kid who committed to play for a certain coach. I think anyone in her shoes would open the doors to see what's out there. It's really no one's "fault" per se. Just part of the unintended consequences when there is a coaching change at any school.

Yeah, i agree. Nyla is a kid who committed to play for a certain coach. I think anyone in her shoes would open the doors to see what's out there. It's really no one's "fault" per se. Just part of the unintended consequences when there is a coaching change at any school.

Exactly, I agree. There is nothing wrong with her making a different decision after the coaching change.

I also don’t view it as a failure on behalf of CKC who has been HC for all of 4 days.

Nyla made it pretty clear she has other thoughts as soon as the decision was announced.

Yeah, but Nyla is a kid who committed to play for a certain coach. I think anyone in her shoes would open the doors to see what's out there. It's really no one's "fault" per se. Just part of the unintended consequences when there is a coaching change at any school.
Exactly, I agree. There is nothing wrong with her making a different decision after the coaching change.

I also don’t view it as a failure on behalf of CKC who has been HC for all of 4 days.

Nyla made it pretty clear she has other thoughts as soon as the decision was announced.
Exactly good point re: Caldwell. I don't even think she knew who our coach would be when she opened up her recruitment, right?

She’s a kid, I get it, but her uncle seems yappy and dramatic. I’m just not here for it.

CKC can’t control this, she can do her best, but it’s really Nyla who is stepping away. I don’t think I’d even call her at this point. She immediately made comments that she was mad Tennessee had fired Harper so it was a long shot she was going to remain committed.

Maybe they can reel her back in, but I truly think we will be starting from 0 with high school recruiting.

And I love coach Sam, but I do not anticipate she will be on staff at Tennessee next season. Most newly hired head coaches just are not going to take a chance on the previous coaches assistants, sets you up to be undermined immediately.
what a bunch of drivel!

Your logic doesn’t make much sense. Sam will be on the staff. She’s gonna be the sole purpose the recruiting even had a pulse. She’s a pro with getting recruits. Has been her whole career. To not keep her would be stupid. Nyla will be a star and if Coach didn’t even contact her then she’s not starting off on the right foot.

Coach Kim's to do list: Fire the assistant with the extensive recruiting experience and contacts, knowing you have none of either.
Then blow off the first truly elite recruit the program has had in years bc she reopened her recruitment.

We don't think twice about new coaches asking current players or recruits to leave, but we're mad at recruits who want to look around when circumstances change on them. I don't get it. All the incredible stroking that goes on with recruits, it doesn't seem unreasonable that a recruit in this situation wants to be re-courted. IMO not calling her would be cutting off nose to spite face. I'll bet CKC has already made that call.

Also, I didn't see comments where Nyla said she was mad, just disappointed. Maybe I missed it.

Your logic doesn’t make much sense. Sam will be on the staff. She’s gonna be the sole purpose the recruiting even had a pulse. She’s a pro with getting recruits. Has been her whole career. To not keep her would be stupid. Nyla will be a star and if Coach didn’t even contact her then she’s not starting off on the right foot.

Making lots of claims there. We will likely find out this evening.

VN Store

Back