2025 Recruiting

In all honesty, I am shocked by how well things have been going. Brooks is the first disappointment we have had since the new crew took over. We already have a top 15 player onboard and the transfer haul was really good. There is no Rickea in it, but it is robust as far as getting players of the sort who fit the new system.

The test will be how everyone reacts when we lose some games in November. This style takes some adjustment, and there are a LOT of new players all learning it at the same time with no old hands to show them the ropes. If we can get through that and keep our recruiting momentum and enthusiasm I think we will do well.

My guess is that when all is said and done we will be pleased with the 2025 recruiting class.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm not perceiving any "sky is falling" attitude from anyone here following Brooks' decision. Of course people are disappointed she chose elsewhere, but folks aren't on the ledge over it.

JMO.

Nah, she said too much on socials too fast after the coaching change. Getting to know Kim a little I’m not sure she was her kind of player.

That, ‘she hasn’t called me yet’ tweet may have been enough for someone like Caldwell to move on. She’s moving on a higher level, not going to grovel to anyone, that’s for dang sure.

Reactions: Rooster1
yo i wanted brooks but i am not sweating this move at all. we are back in play for many top players that were not even on the radar before CKC took over. best of luck to her at unc. i hope she fairs better than the other talented players who chose that school.

She’ll fill the ego void Kelly just left lol

Banghart is good at recruiting two have already surprised by going there. Guess we'll see them in the portal in a couple of years just like so many before them.

Well missed out on Nyla really good prospect but may find her way back and now Staff moves forward to finish this class. I just read article on practice that was open to media and they are high on Puckett Buckett. Talking about how first of all her conditioning and shape are outstanding and her deamoner and aggressiveness is relentless. If so we are about to see a coaching staff push this group to believing they have more than they themselves believe which leads to better players. I truly believe everyone will be happy at the end of year results and future 5 star players will take notice. It's a Storm coming on Rockytop and the Lady Vols are the Lightening. In CHRIST Alone

It's okay to wish her well and move on, all the other BS is unnecessary and beyond Pathetic. It's like all of the sudden many of you are acting like you wasn't impressed by her and the fact that she commit so early. Now all of a sudden it's like she is the worst kid ever. I truly hope for some of you, that this coaching staff and these players work out.

But it won't matter if they don't because many of you will disappear and return with new names anyway.

Congrats Nyla on your choice and I wish you all the best should you and your family still come and read this nonsense of a fan board.

In all honesty, I am shocked by how well things have been going. Brooks is the first disappointment we have had since the new crew took over. We already have a top 15 player onboard and the transfer haul was really good. There is no Rickea in it, but it is robust as far as getting players of the sort who fit the new system.

The test will be how everyone reacts when we lose some games in November. This style takes some adjustment, and there are a LOT of new players all learning it at the same time with no old hands to show them the ropes. If we can get through that and keep our recruiting momentum and enthusiasm I think we will do well.

My guess is that when all is said and done we will be pleased with the 2025 recruiting class.

Read a recent interview with Kim, on OfftheHook sports I believe, where she said it takes time with all new players to implement her system. Said she will say that with every interview from now on. Said with a new team and her system the November record is usually the worst month of the season and its getter quickly after that. Said she purposely scheduled some weaker teams to start this season for this very purpose.

Yes will be interesting with the haters in Nov.

Reactions: KnoxLikeUs
I doubt it will be much different than the hate Kellie got for every loss, esp in preseason. If anything, bc Kim's new and the conference is so much tougher, she'll get more grace than Kellie got. Certainly more than Kellie got for a bad preseason last year, even tho she was without the best player the program has had in yrs. CKC will have the advantage of people not already being down on her.

I do appreciate Kim's honesty in trying to temper early expectations though. Also I don't think disappointment from those who are so disconnected they think this team is going to be a top team soon matters much. I just want to see steady progress.

Last edited:
She’ll fill the ego void Kelly just left lol
I never really got ego fm Nyla. More a passionate loyalty and that teenage girl thing where every new friend is the best friend she'll ever have. Don't think she was ready to put aside her love and loyalty to the old staff, and her sense of betrayal on their behalf. At least not yet. But maybe in time.

Nyla the kind of kid who will be at 4 schools in 4 years. Bet.
Because of the above, IMO this is exactly backwards. Hope not tho, hope she changes schools once and eventually gets to live her LV dream.

Said she will say that with every interview from now on. Said with a new team and her system the November record is usually the worst month of the season and its getter quickly after that. Said she purposely scheduled some weaker teams to start this season for this very purpose.

OBV, I actually think the haters will be silent throughout the course of the season following the footage from yesterday’s practice. CKC sounded like every highly successful coach I have ever worked with or observed from afar. She will never stand in front of the media and say her team is ready to become SEC champions and Nat’l champions regardless of if it’s year 1 or year 9. It’s becoming real funny to hear fans try to downplay this teams potential right now.
Over the years, recruiting was a major weakness. In a matter of months through the transfer portal and high school recruiting CKC, Coach Lazo, and Coach Tubner completely attacked the recruiting landscape and elevated this program to immediate contention if the team can stay healthy. Tennessee biggest liability in the past 5+ seasons has been athleticism.
They were able to compete in the SEC regularly beating teams like Ole Miss, Alabama, with a SEC tourney win over LSU and went outside of the conference to beat Oklahoma as a below average team in athleticism.
Anyone thinking this team with elite level athleticism is unable to compete this season against any team if they remain healthy is not to be taken seriously.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
I doubt it will be much different than the hate Kellie got for every loss, esp in preseason. If anything, bc Kim's new and the conference is so much tougher, she'll get more grace than Kellie got. Certainly more than Kellie got for a bad preseason last year, even tho she was without the best player the program has had in yrs. CKC will have the advantage of people not already being down on her.

I do appreciate Kim's honesty in trying to temper early expectations though. Also I don't think disappointment from those who are so disconnected they think this team is going to be a top team soon matters much. I just want to see steady progress.

Your going to get more criticism for losing as a coach in your 5th yr than your 1st. Just goes with the territory as a coach. If players like Darby, Puckett and Jill are remarkedly improved in their play this coming season than they were under Kellie, that will determine a lot of reasons for for Kellie's demise.

Last edited:
Reactions: glv98
Your going to get more criticism for losing as a coach in your 5th yr than your 1st. Just goes with the territory as a coach.
Agree, and that's what I said. LOL people aren't sick of her yet. But of course there will be those, esp more casuals, who say why did we change if we're not better. Collective casual fan attention span is that of a gnat. But I believe CKC will stay unbothered.
CKC sounded like every highly successful coach I have ever worked with or observed from afar. She will never stand in front of the media and say her team is ready to become SEC champions and Nat’l champions regardless of if it’s year 1 or year 9.
Maybe but she just doesn't strike me as that kind of bullsh**ter. Actually I'll be quite disappointed if she is. Her boss, yes for sure, her, not so much. I think she shoots straight, a big part of her charm.

Good freaking grief. New coaching staff whiffs on a player that seemingly didn't want to come after a coaching change that everybody moaned about making, and all of a sudden you've got the usual suspects back to the "this is awful, this is terrible, it's a dumpster fire" routine. We even got a few of the typical cracks at players who did commit because, of course, they're too short to wear orange. Back to that well again, I guess.

Some days with this place, I swear.

Maybe but she just doesn't strike me as that kind of bullsh**ter. Actually I'll be quite disappointed if she is. Her boss, yes for sure, her, not so much. I think she shoots straight, a big part of her charm.

Clearly misconstrued view of what was said. CKC nor any other successful coach I have worked with or observed has sat in front of a camera in year 1 or year 9 and said their team was ready before the start of the season to compete as an SEC champion or Nat’l champion. She answered the questions in public the way it should’ve been stated, but if you don’t think those goals she stated are being kept “internal” that were created by her team does not include a “SEC championship” and “Nat’l championship” what you constantly project can’t be taken serious based on the facts.

Good freaking grief. New coaching staff whiffs on a player that seemingly didn't want to come after a coaching change that everybody moaned about making, and all of a sudden you've got the usual suspects back to the "this is awful, this is terrible, it's a dumpster fire" routine. We even got a few of the typical cracks at players who did commit because, of course, they're too short to wear orange. Back to that well again, I guess.

Some days with this place, I swear.

This 1000%. Not to mention, those HS LV commits are about to compete for a 3rd straight HS State Championship, projected All-Americans, and one of them a higher rated player than the player who just committed elsewhere.

I’m not sure this was as much as a whiff than it is both parties will end up getting what they want. CKC, Coach Lazo, and Coach Tubner are just top tier recruiters and they have options!

Reactions: Voltopia
Nyla Brooks to North Carolina...But hey we sure did get those 5 foot 5inch point guards early..
UNC has the fancy looks but what has Banghart done literally ? What pros has she coached most of her best players leave by the end of their career when they realize their WNBA stock is not what they thought it would be. See Deja Kelly , good luck though Nyla hopefully you dont become a bench foddler like baby Key.

CKC nor any other successful coach I have worked with or observed has sat in front of a camera in year 1 or year 9 and said their team was ready before the start of the season to compete as an SEC champion or Nat’l champion.
Rick Barnes from the day he arrived on campus thru to today. Of course not going to predict a natty at this stage, but unfailingly honest in his assessment of what he has as far as competitiveness. I think that's what CKC is doing also, being honest about the state of the slow but steady build.

We'll have to agree to disagree bc I think old school coach speak is as outdated as postioned basketball and taking timeouts to stop runs. Most of the modern coaches don't do it anymore.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back