2025 Recruiting

So u think they gave those 5 foot twins Nil but didn’t off enough to the better player in Brooks?
I said “or” had reservations. But sometimes you make decisions with NIL to get someone(s) that limits you thereafter. No idea just how strong our WBB NIL is nor how she is managing it. If you do, please share.

Reactions: brittannica
I said “or” had reservations. But sometimes you make decisions with NIL to get someone(s) that limits you thereafter. No idea just how strong our WBB NIL is nor how she is managing it. If you do, please share.
I have no idea how it works, I just know I’m not overpaying for no average players at best.

Just stop the entitled whining about not getting enough attention. And Ball Out Sports, stop acting like you don't have an agenda against the LVs. Choosing to focus only on the negative things or being over-positive about possible commits so that they later can lambast the coaching staff. I'm yelling "Uncle" on this so it will all stop.

So u think they gave those 5 foot twins Nil but didn’t offer enough to the better player in Brooks?

You think they had the NIL to pay Ruby Whitehorn, Samara Spencer, Lazaria Spearman, Alyssa Latham, and get Jewel Spear to recommit plus the Pauldo Twins but couldn’t get Nyla Brooks? Some people are reaching to the fullest.

I guess Nyla wasn't good enough for CKC "system"

Not good enough and not the right fit are not the same.

I think this decision is part of why Kim recently said you might be #3 or #77 it’s about fit; can you play up tempo and shoot the 3?

Iowa took a team of 3 stars with one superstar to back to back title games. You don’t need a bunch of top 10 recruits. You need buy in, a couple really talented players to build around and excellent role players willing to play their roll.

Last edited:
Just stop the entitled whining about not getting enough attention. And Ball Out Sports, stop acting like you don't have an agenda against the LVs. Choosing to focus only on the negative things or being over-positive about possible commits so that they later can lambast the coaching staff. I'm yelling "Uncle" on this so it will all stop.

Ball out stays getting like 4 likes per post. We don’t have anything to worry about there. They are unserious and not in the funny way.

You think they had the NIL to pay Ruby Whitehorn, Samara Spencer, Lazaria Spearman, Alyssa Latham, and get Jewel Spear to recommit plus the Pauldo Twins but couldn’t get Nyla Brooks? Some people are reaching to the fullest.
They still should have money to get multiple elite players, I was just responding to someone mentioning Nil.

Tells you all you need to know. This staff moved on. They have better fits for their system on the line and they weren’t interested in the low budget drama this dude carries around with him.
If they can't handle someone like Nyla Brooks's uncle, they shouldn't be coaching at the Power 5 level. Look at Angel Reese and Fla'jae Johnson's moms from last year. Kim Mulkey can handle them, but then again, she is a Power 5 coach who has coached some of the best players playing the game, and with that comes their families. All these top players' families can be a pain in the behind, but it's up to the coaching staff to set and maintain those boundaries. Brooks has every bit of the skill set of the last 4 pro's Tennessee put into the W. Maybe not Rickea, but definitely Rennia, Rae, and Jordan. It is a big miss.

Not good enough and not the right fit are not the same.

I think this decision it is part of why Kim recently said you might be #3 or #77 it’s about fit, can you play up tempo and shoot the 3.

Iowa took a team of 3 stars with one superstar to back to back title games. You don’t need a bunch of top 10 recruits. You need buy in, a couple really talented players to build around and excellent role players willing to play their roll.
Have you watched Nyla Brooks play? This kid is dynamic and has a huge upside. This is a miss. Athletically she is beyond gifted, has great handles, and can shoot the ball. With the type of system Kim Caldwell is describing, Brooks is the type of player she needs.

They still should have money to get multiple elite players, I was just responding to someone mentioning Nil.
Didn't Tennessee Just Sign with Pilot? I thought that was a 20-22 million dollar deal that would be used primarily for all athletics? I could be wrong, but I thought it was one of the largest deals of this type signed by any college. Not real sure on the details though.

Didn't Tennessee Just Sign with Pilot? I thought that was a 20-22 million dollar deal that would be used primarily for all athletics? I could be wrong, but I thought it was one of the largest deals of this type signed by any college. Not real sure on the details though.
I’m not sure how they allocate these funds, but I’m sure we have money to spend, we just need to get it done somehow.

The same point I’ve always made, not anyone specifically. I just don’t want to overpay for just any average player, only for the elite ones.

You’ve been taking ridiculous shots at the Pauldo twins since their commitment. Mia Pauldo has consistently been ranked higher than Nyla Brooks. Mia ESPN rankings have been #7, #8 and now #13 in the 2025 class. Never seen people negatively focus this much on height in WCBB.

Have you watched Nyla Brooks play? This kid is dynamic and has a huge upside. This is a miss. Athletically she is beyond gifted, has great handles, and can shoot the ball. With the type of system Kim Caldwell is describing, Brooks is the type of player she needs.

I’ve seen her play, she does not shoot the 3 well she’s a slasher and has a nice mid range package. Does not have handles to handle on the perimeter in the SEC. Not a strong passer.

She would have been a good fit for the system Harper ran where the primary goal was scoring in the pinch post to the basket.

That is exactly what we will NOT be doing anymore.

If they can't handle someone like Nyla Brooks's uncle, they shouldn't be coaching at the Power 5 level. Look at Angel Reese and Fla'jae Johnson's moms from last year. Kim Mulkey can handle them, but then again, she is a Power 5 coach who has coached some of the best players playing the game, and with that comes their families. All these top players' families can be a pain in the behind, but it's up to the coaching staff to set and maintain those boundaries. Brooks has every bit of the skill set of the last 4 pro's Tennessee put into the W. Maybe not Rickea, but definitely Rennia, Rae, and Jordan. It is a big miss.

You can support Nyla Brooks. Nothing wrong with that. But just stop with the idea this is detrimental to the program. Ruby Whitehorn, Talaysia Cooper, and Kaniya Boyd are here and have multiple years of eligibility remaining. They play the exact same style of basketball and arguably have better high school film than Nyla Brooks. It is not a miss. It is likely the best case scenario for both sides though.

You can't miss something you didn't swing at.

There are plenty of uber talented basketball players that have the potential to be successful in the SEC. Our coaching staff's opinion seemed to be that other players were a better fit for how they want to accomplish their goals. Simple logic.

Our head coach didn't accidently only contact them twice. Just like that supermodel didn't accidently not call me when I gave her my phone number. It was intentional.

This could even blow people's mind too. She could go to UNC and put up stats and be a good player and still not be a right fit for what our coaching staff is looking for. Whoa, mind blowing huh. Thank goodness we have a coaching staff in women's basketball that follows a similar recruiting philosophy as Barnes, Vitello, and Heupel. It's almost like there is a theme here. We aren't recruiting based solely on a number that a website puts next to a girl's name.

Except for the fact that Coach Caldwell herself does not agree. But maybe you should contact her and help her understand exactly the types of players that she needs for her system to be successful.

Wait, didn't Nyla have a visit scheduled off one of those calls?

This situation is a little weird. I think the current staff may have correctly assessed this dynamic was too far gone long ago. But if she wanted to visit ok.

I'm just sorry Nyla got caught up on all this and hope she'll be happy and successful.

You’ve been taking ridiculous shots at the Pauldo twins since their commitment. Mia Pauldo has consistently been ranked higher than Nyla Brooks. Mia ESPN rankings have been #7, #8 and now #13 in the 2025 class. Never seen people negatively focus this much on height in WCBB.

Agreed. I don't get the height thing either. Bobbitt was 5'2" and I'm not sure we win 2 NC's without her. Give it a rest.

Never took a shot, I said I hope they get hit a growth spurt, I haven’t talked about their game at all, Please show me where I’ve taken shots at them? I’ll be waiting on your reply.

Wait, didn't Nyla have a visit scheduled off one of those calls?

This situation is a little weird. I think the current staff may have correctly assessed this dynamic was too far gone long ago. But if she wanted to visit ok.

I'm just sorry Nyla got caught up on all this and hope she'll be happy and successful.
Having the roster pressure build and the lack of promised playing time may have played a role, too. So very many variables to consider. For a local fan to consider this a “miss” screams of bias or naïveté.

Reactions: Jjohns14 and Ratvol

VN Store

Back