3B - Billy Amick - Clemson Transfer

I will never understand why any fan base starts bashing players they worshipped for the time they are there and start talking **** about them when they transfer. Kind of silly and childish in eyes of many but to each his/her own.
Not talk about you but did you miss all the Chase Burns stuff or was this supposed to be in blue?

Not talk about you but did you miss all the Chase Burns stuff or was this supposed to be in blue?
No I was making a statement why do individuals turn on players so easily just is a concerning trait to me. The Chase Burns stuff was horrible to read praise him then turn on him like Cujo!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
No I was making a statement why do individuals turn on players so easily just is a concerning trait to me. The Chase Burns stuff was horrible to read praise him then turn on him like Cujo!!!
I've never understood it even before I had one playing. If he gave you all he had when he was here, then I can't be angry when they leave. I might not cheer for them but I ain't gonna bash them. But I'm a different fan and always have been. My two favorite basketball teams are Duke and UNC, casual fan. Football is UGA and FSU connections to both. Baseball is UT. Most don't get that but I also don't get people who pull for a school they have no connection to.

Let me bring this surprisingly touchy subject up again.

Why would a coach put a .413 hitter on the bench late in a close tournament game?
No wonder the kid is transferring.
Cost them 4 Amick at bats vs TN. Amick’s defense isn’t bad at first. He was pretty even with Grice. Really strange decision to lose DH and Amick’s bat vs TN. It worked out GREATfor us but was probably the last straw for Amick.

Not a flattering write-up defensively about Amick on D1Baseball's review of the Cape. He did hit real well but this is what they posted about him defensively.
"Hyannis alternated Amick and Smith at the hot corner during the 11 games Amick was on the Cape, and right now he remains a liability at the position, with suspect lateral mobility and arm accuracy. Perhaps he just needs more reps, but he looked uncomfortable at the position and might be a better fit at first base."

Not ideal but this is not unexpected. We knew his defense needed work and I’m sure Tony knew this as well. More reps probably will help. I’m not going to worry too much until 2024. Lots of time for him to improve and/or for Tony to decide he should play another position.

Not a flattering write-up defensively about Amick on D1Baseball's review of the Cape. He did hit real well but this is what they posted about him defensively.
"Hyannis alternated Amick and Smith at the hot corner during the 11 games Amick was on the Cape, and right now he remains a liability at the position, with suspect lateral mobility and arm accuracy. Perhaps he just needs more reps, but he looked uncomfortable at the position and might be a better fit at first base."
I read that too. Really glad to have Denton back. I do think Amick’s D will improve with lots of reps, but assume Amick primarily DHs, and gives occasional breather to Denton and Blake. Nice to have depth and his big bat.

I read that too. Really glad to have Denton back. I do think Amick’s D will improve with lots of reps, but assume Amick primarily DHs, and gives occasional breather to Denton and Blake. Nice to have depth and his big bat.

Possibly. I think Amick is going to play somewhere in the field though next year. Where? Idk. But he transferred from Clemson because he did not want to be a full-time DH. He’s trying to improve his draft stock and position less players don’t typically get drafted high.

VN Store

Back