$58 Million Lindsey Nelson Stadium Renovation Details

I agree with much of this.

they did not give a good view in the behind the stadium. This design will do nothing to increase the size of the narrow concourse that faces the field.

I hope the “new” structure behind the grandstand will contain upgraded concessions and restrooms. Maybe a larger souvenir shop. The current facilities can be torn out and that concourse made far larger.

I’d love to see most of that current hill flattened out. Put the plaza out there and tend the upper deck where this plaza is going.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I was under the impression the 4-Tops were somewhat elevated.

In the overhead view from left, there are stairs leading up from the plaza below. The tables look like they sit level with the back row of the 3B line seats (working around the foul pole to adjoin the porch structure).

I could be reading it wrong though.

So, for $60 million, we are getting 1 new section of seating plus newpremium seating options for several hundred people who won’t go most of the time and won’t pay attention when they do go.

I’m sorry, I’m watching the prelim game now, make that 1.5 sections down the LF line

they did not give a good view in the behind the stadium. This design will do nothing to increase the size of the narrow concourse that faces the field.

I hope the “new” structure behind the grandstand will contain upgraded concessions and restrooms. Maybe a larger souvenir shop. The current facilities can be torn out and that concourse made far larger.

I’d love to see most of that current hill flattened out. Put the plaza out there and tend the upper deck where this plaza is going.

What we’ve been allowed to see leaves a lot to the imagination as for details. But yeah, seems like luxury seating is the priority. Okay by me, perfectly fine, uninteresting, but fine.

Its gonna be nice when done. Is it ever gonna please everyone, no. I personally was hoping for.a.way to push the fence back about 10-15 feet all the way around. I don't like the visitor bullpen right out there in the open, that's jus asking for an accident. I do wish the seat would extend all the way down the left field line,but I guess there does need to be some form of vehicle entry in case an ambulance or something is needed. Overall, I'm giving it a solid B+ especially if they upgrade the exterior entrance so it doesn't look like you are going into a federal pen.

I was under the impression the 4-Tops were somewhat elevated.

In the overhead view from left, there are stairs leading up from the plaza below. The tables look like they sit level with the back row of the 3B line seats (working around the foul pole to adjoin the porch structure).

I could be reading it wrong though.
it looks to me like the umbrellas are at ground level

I’ll do a zoom in

B797C3DB-831A-4E61-8C0B-7C4ED1FEA055.jpeg
There does appear to be elevated tables but also field level umbrellas behind pod the fenced walls.

Again, why can’t there be bleachers where those damn umbrellas are located. Are thy protecting the table people from overlooking commoners?

I’ll do a zoom in

View attachment 460773
There does appear to be elevated tables but also field level umbrellas behind pod the fenced walls.

Again, why can’t there be bleachers where those damn umbrellas are located. Are thy protecting the table people from overlooking commoners?
Maybe they will have a set up where bleachers can go there when needed?

this is a different look than other pics. This shows far more seats down the LF line.

By the way, I prefer green seats to the black. But I prefer the black to the original orange seats.

the black seats are so hot for day games

this view makes the major expansion look like a hat on the old stadium and does not overhang the grandstand as much as I thought
46F93E1B-5E00-4A8F-841B-A78634F509E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ATC_VOL
I like the design a lot. The design has an emphasis on premium seating, but appears to have added a good number of seats as well. I’m sure they will build it with the idea of potential future expansion too. I think it’s smart of them to not go straight in to building a 12000 seat stadium.

Reactions: WallyBalls
I like the design a lot. The design has an emphasis on premium seating, but appears to have added a good number of seats as well. I’m sure they will build it with the idea of potential future expansion too. I think it’s smart of them to not go straight in to building a 12000 seat stadium.
If they put stands where the concourse plazas are shown, and put the plazas further down the lines, and put the bullpens in the corners in place of stands in those corners, I would agree with you.

If they put stands where the concourse plazas are shown, and put the plazas further down the lines, and put the bullpens in the corners in place of stands in those corners, I would agree with you.

That’s fair, but I wonder if the plans will incorporate the potential of extending the stands down the left field line if we continue to fill the stadium. I do wish they would do something about the visitor’s bullpen.

It looks like they are removing the gigantic pole holding up the safety nets at least.

I already put this in my list earlier to send them for design feedback. Aesthetically it looks good but functionally it’s a total waste and creates gaps in atmosphere!

Tn needs to start with at least 10,000 seats. The money is there for everything they want to do. Do it right the first time, the drawing doesn't look very different than the amount of seating now. Must build to be the best, in the SEC, AND PLZ BUILD TO BE FAN FRIENDLY. Too much luxury stuff takes away from the fans sitting on bleachers, n chairs, they keep this team fired up. 10 000 no less.

Also, stands need to go down one row up off field level, make real dugouts, create a full outfield deck so people can walk all the way around, bring loge deck lower down more rows.
Frankly for $68M why aren’t they doing a full demo? Someone is getting PAID I feel like it’s a half ass attempt at lipstick on a pig!

Reactions: tbwhhs
Thanks for all the replies to my question. Now answer me this, is it worth it financially to try and upgrade LNS, or do a complete new stadium? And would the money people at UT ever open the checkbook to make either ONE a first class SEC stadium?
We have about 53 million alloted just for baseball, they can do this right the first time, 10,000 seats at least. More for the regular fans, not the $$ ppl sitting behind glass

In feel better now that ivv be reviewed more closely.
it appears the current indoor practice facilities will be replaced with seating and more seating than first thought down LF line.

The new practice facility will obviously result in road closure which will give more room behind other parts of Stadium as well.

In left center, there is a multi tiered structure which looks to be vertical suites of summer sort.

On top of the new structure behind home plate is what appears to be elevator/stair column.

It looks like a bar like area will be on of line plaza

It also seems they are trying to not encroach on Haslam Field as it is clearly important the football team north lose any of their 12 practice fields.

I notice the bleachers back seats on RF line are being placed with chair backs

I would like to see a the roof cover more grandstand seats than planned.

A few thoughts...
The four-tops down the left field line don't bug me. If we're packing the house every single game in 5-10 years and people are fussing about not being able to buy a seat, that whole area seems like it can easily be converted into more bleachers. And if enough people don't reserve four-tops from the get-go, maybe they scale it down and go ahead and do more bleachers now.
The parking lot between the porch and the road is gone in that picture. The porch looks substantially deeper, but it seems like with the parking lot gone there's also room to add at least a bit of depth to left field.
I'm all about "our palace is bigger and cooler than your palace" but I also want the place to feel packed and have great energy on a Tuesday night, so if it winds up being 8k instead of 10-12, I'm not going to get too worked up about it.

VN Store

Back