$58 Million Lindsey Nelson Stadium Renovation Details

It going to look awesome when completed. I wonder how long it will take to complete

Maybe I'm alone here, but I feel like that rendering is really disappointing. It's just a facelift of the current facility. Doesn't appear to include any significant increase in seats, and the outfield is still basically empty.

Reactions: vol66
Maybe I'm alone here, but I feel like that rendering is really disappointing. It's just a facelift of the current facility. Doesn't appear to include any significant increase in seats, and the outfield is still basically empty.
I don’t like your opinion. But you do you, boo.

I understand where yer coming from, maybe this is just phase one. Curious where batting cages, weight room, etc…will go. If the players are happy, I’m happy.

I understand where yer coming from, maybe this is just phase one. Curious where batting cages, weight room, etc…will go. If the players are happy, I’m happy.

I was thinking that the new building past the right field fence looks like a new training facility.

The building in right field appears to be the new training facility CTV wants badly. It's presence there tells us that they have reached some kind of deal with the RR, which is remarkable in itself. It'll be interesting to see if Todd Helton drive remains a through street or not. Also note they are closing Pat Summit Drive for a pedestrian councourse, which makes sense.

I like the look of it as they are carrying the existing orange brick color throughout the design. And the architectural balance of it is gorgeous.

There are some aspects of it I don't like: 1) I don't like the positions of the concourse plazas. There should be additional general seating stands that close to the action, instead of the lightly populated plazas. In effect, they are pushing general admission seating down the lines in the lower stands further from home plate. That's bad for the average fan. 2) Don't like the visitor bullpen being in the field of play foul ground down the left field line. Tripping hazards for the left fielders. It should be tucked in to the stadium lf line rather than out in the open. 3) I don't like the home team bullpen being left where it is and with the low home run wall. Too many cheap home runs hit there. They should tuck that in to the right field stands as far down the line as they could, rather than force that seating into that corner. 4). I'd like to see Omaha outfield dimensions. If we're gonna compete for national championships, why not bring that ballpark here in Knoxville.

Reactions: tbwhhs
The building in right field appears to be the new training facility CTV wants badly. It's presence there tells us that they have reached some kind of deal with the RR, which is remarkable in itself. It'll be interesting to see if Todd Helton drive remains a through street or not. Also note they are closing Pat Summit Drive for a pedestrian councourse, which makes sense.

I like the look of it as they are carrying the existing orange brick color throughout the design. And the architectural balance of it is gorgeous.

There are some aspects of it I don't like: 1) I don't like the positions of the concourse plazas. There should be additional general seating stands that close to the action, instead of the lightly populated plazas. In effect, they are pushing general admission seating down the lines in the lower stands further from home plate. That's bad for the average fan. 2) Don't like the visitor bullpen being in the field of play foul ground down the left field line. Tripping hazards for the left fielders. It should be tucked in to the stadium lf line rather than out in the open. 3) I don't like the home team bullpen being left where it is and with the low home run wall. Too many cheap home runs hit there. They should tuck that in to the right field stands as far down the line as they could, rather than force that seating into that corner. 4). I'd like to see Omaha outfield dimensions. If we're gonna compete for national championships, why not bring that ballpark here in Knoxville.

Yep. Your #1 is my concern, average fan part.

Ya, I don't hate it. I think I was just expecting more or bigger or just something radically different than the current stadium.

It looks totally renovated. The building in rf is TVs workout, weight room, hitting and pitching. 3 deep in lf. What mini Walmart like is they are not adding any cheaper seating when you look at the prices they are charging for everything from reserved all the way up to the suites. No additional cheap seats.

My thoughts as I’m finally home.
They are tearing off the current media box but leaving the current upper deck largely as is.
They are building another structure behind the stadium that will contain the suites and press box that will cantilever over the upper deck that will include a roof.

It looks- at most that they are adding 1 section of seating down the LF line. That sucks! As they are clearly financing the stadium with premium seating that will really add squat to the atmosphere.

I’m guessing they’re sticking with the plaza car ncept in LF for some reason we don’t know. Perhaps maintenance access below the grandstands?

The porches will be hardened, more permanent structure. Likely with elevators and more premium features that will distract the rich fans from the game even more.

I don’t know why anyone would pay a premium for field level tables. They tried to sell those with “patios” before this season and you can’t see squat! Might as well leave the visitor bullpen there if the tables aren’t going to be elevated. Or just- I don’t know, extend the seating down to the foul pole like every other stadium?

And speaking of a baseball thing. Why is it so damn important for the bullpens to be visible? Why can’t they be under the stadium? Put cameras in the pens so the coaches can monitor. They’re asked real estate.

Finally, why can’t there be cool bleachers on the roof of the new training center? Maybe put a new scoreboard on side of building. Can you see a catwalk for the frat house area up to the roof top bar and bleachers?

They are tearing off the current media box but leaving the current upper deck largely as is.
They are building another structure behind the stadium that will contain the suites and press box that will cantilever over the upper deck that will include a roof.

It looks- at most that they are adding 1 section of seating down the LF line. That sucks! As they are clearly financing the stadium with premium seating that will really add squat to the atmosphere.

I’m guessing they’re sticking with the plaza car ncept in LF for some reason we don’t know. Perhaps maintenance access below the grandstands?

The porches will be hardened, more permanent structure. Likely with elevators and more premium features that will distract the rich fans from the game even more.

I don’t know why anyone would pay a premium for field level tables. They tried to sell those with “patios” before this season and you can’t see squat! Might as well leave the visitor bullpen there if the tables aren’t going to be elevated. Or just- I don’t know, extend the seating down to the foul pole like every other stadium?

And speaking of a baseball thing. Why is it so damn important for the bullpens to be visible? Why can’t they be under the stadium? Put cameras in the pens so the coaches can monitor. They’re asked real estate.

Finally, why can’t there be cool bleachers on the roof of the new training center? Maybe put a new scoreboard on side of building. Can you see a catwalk for the frat house area up to the roof top bar and bleachers?

I agree with much of this.

more…
If you’re going to have useless field level seats, do like Florida did. Put them behind the center field wall and put up a chainlink fence to view through. Don’t waste areas where more people could sit! I saw people sitting in Adirondack chairs and thought that was cool. Those patios are dumb and a waste

VN Store

Back