$58 Million Lindsey Nelson Stadium Renovation Details

I would imagine it's a phased construction that will start in Fall 2022 and be finished by the 2024 season. It's going to take quite some time to renovate a stadium that warrants SIXTY FREAKING MILLION DOLLARS HOLY CRAP.

It is a hell of a time to be a Tennessee Baseball fan. We're set up for a very bright future. Not that Tony V needs any help on the trail, but I can only imagine what a $60 million commitment on top of the success on the field will do for our recruiting, too.
IIRC, Alabama didn’t play at home one season during their fairly recent significant renovations.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Would that mean a lost season at LNS in the near future? Not sure how they could finish a complete renovation without interfering with at least 1 season.

It would almost certainly be in phases to have minimal interference with the season. It's hard to say what is built first without knowing the vision for the stadium, but you'll like see them tackle sections of the stadium one piece at a time.

It would almost certainly be in phases to have minimal interference with the season. It's hard to say what is built first without knowing the vision for the stadium, but you'll like see them tackle sections of the stadium one piece at a time.

And I keep wondering if the new Smokies stadium has anything to do with this as well.

Rumor is timing coincides with Smokies Stadium so that one year away from LNS can be covered by Smokies Stadium.

O’Brate has been my personal measuring stick since it opened, so interesting to see the comparison. It’s a beautifully done yet quaint stadium.
It's a great college ballpark and a fun place to watch a game.

Having said that, Allie P was one of my favorite places to watch a game. I hate that it's gone.

Reactions: vol66
We talk about phases but would rather see them get it done faster and use Randy Boyd’s new Old City stadium for a season.
Hell, if we could start this Spring after the season then I could suck it up and spend next season in Kodak.

Alabama used Hoover for a season and that was even further away from campus.

Strike while the iron is hot! Let’s get it rolling baby!!!!

French’s Broad / Lindsey Nelson is waiting

giphy.gif

Reactions: NEO
Another idea. This is a change to a similar plan in past
Leave the new section down rf line including offices and facilities. Those will become seats behind new LF wall
Tear down the oldest grandstand- or just the upper section
Close Todd Helton Drive and build the new stadium. Behind the current cf wall.
The news seats get a good view of the campus instead of railyard
The sun will be behind stands
The prevailing wind will be blowing out instead of in
I would hope the new stadium would be more widespread around most of field but less upper decking seating. Upper regions would be just press and suites.
In the new RF (where the bleachers are now) a 3-4 story tower structure would be built similar what is at Dudy Noble with tiered porches.

Another idea. This is a change to a similar plan in past
Leave the new section down rf line including offices and facilities. Those will become seats behind new LF wall
Tear down the oldest grandstand- or just the upper section
Close Todd Helton Drive and build the new stadium. Behind the current cf wall.
The news seats get a good view of the campus instead of railyard
The sun will be behind stands
The prevailing wind will be blowing out instead of in
I would hope the new stadium would be more widespread around most of field but less upper decking seating. Upper regions would be just press and suites.
In the new RF (where the bleachers are now) a 3-4 story tower structure would be built similar what is at Dudy Noble with tiered porches.
I'll Allow It!

Why renovate when you can innovate! French's come on down! We'll have Slingblade selling mustard and biscuits, mustard and French fries, and this team will never run out of gas! :p

VN Store

Back