8-4

DarkVolder

Come on over to the dark side
Going forward into next season with the 12 team playoff, 8-4 isn’t going to cut it here anymore not with the expectations at a place like UT and especially when you see what Ole Miss and Mizzou are doing. Unfortunately I can see 8-4 or 7-5 next season with Heupel retaining Willie and Tim and I don’t think Hazel is gonna get it done as OC. We really missed Golesh this season. The 12 team playoff is gonna change everything with college football gonna be like the NFL now. We need to set the expectations at 10-2 and not necessarily having to win the SEC because we could still get in the playoffs.

Of course not but we need to be in the playoff in the next couple of years don’t you agree ?
I think Nico’s junior year we should make a run if he’s as good as we think he should be. I think Heupel was too successful too early but we really don’t have game ready talent in every position like our main competition. Reduced scholarship players early on and reduced total scholarships now will limit us a bit. Doesn’t mean we can’t be good, it’s just our competition now is Bama and Georgia to be elite. That’s a tall order

I get being loyal to people but that will destroy you now. A lot of DB's went to the portal, why? Heupel has to get the guy to win, coaches included.
This is the last game WM is under contract for unless he gets an extension. He’s the only assistant that didn’t get an extension last February if I’m not mistaken. My guess as to why there’s so many DBs in the portal is he has let them know the he will be looking for a new DB coach moving forward, imo.

This is the last game WM is under contract for unless he gets an extension. He’s the only assistant that didn’t get an extension last February if I’m not mistaken. My guess as to why there’s so many DBs in the portal is he has let them know the he will be looking for a new DB coach moving forward, imo.
Hopefully.

Going forward into next season with the 12 team playoff, 8-4 isn’t going to cut it here anymore not with the expectations at a place like UT and especially when you see what Ole Miss and Mizzou are doing. Unfortunately I can see 8-4 or 7-5 next season with Heupel retaining Willie and Tim and I don’t think Hazel is gonna get it done as OC. We really missed Golesh this season. The 12 team playoff is gonna change everything with college football gonna be like the NFL now. We need to set the expectations at 10-2 and not necessarily having to win the SEC because we could still get in the playoffs.

I thought Martinez contract expires after 1 January.

I get being loyal to people but that will destroy you now. A lot of DB's went to the portal, why? Heupel has to get the guy to win, coaches included.
Addition by subtraction on the DB’s….our fans booed Hadden in pregame announcements if that tells you anything about the rest. And Hadden was our best DB. Most were probably told to look elsewhere to make room.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I thought Martinez contract expires after 1 January.
I think Nico’s junior year we should make a run if he’s as good as we think he should be. I think Heupel was too successful too early but we really don’t have game ready talent in every position like our main competition. Reduced scholarship players early on and reduced total scholarships now will limit us a bit. Doesn’t mean we can’t be good, it’s just our competition now is Bama and Georgia to be elite. That’s a tall order
I’ve long thought 2025 was the year for us to make a run at the SEC and playoffs.

This is the last game WM is under contract for unless he gets an extension. He’s the only assistant that didn’t get an extension last February if I’m not mistaken. My guess as to why there’s so many DBs in the portal is he has let them know that he will be looking for a new DB coach moving forward, imo.

All those DBs that don't like turning their head and looking for the ball entered the portal!

Addition by subtraction on the DB’s….our fans booed Hadden in pregame announcements if that tells you anything about the rest. And Hadden was our best DB. Most were probably told to look elsewhere to make room.
Hope so.

If Nico is that good, he will be in the NFL after his redshirt sophomore season.

We may have a generational game changing QB in Nico but won’t do us much good if we don’t have a defense worth a crap.
We had the 17th ranked offense.

1st time in 7 years Heupel didn't have a Top 10 offense.

We had 38th ranked Total Defense.
- Not great, or even good. But definitely better than "Not worth a crap"

Joe Million gave the ball back to quickly too often. Also the defense still isn't where we want it to be. But it wasn't "Not worth a crap"

Our defense was in the higher percentage across the NCAA.

He is not the problem, Banks is the problem
Banks could’ve done better BUT when you have talent you have a higher margin of error and look way more intelligent as a coordinator. Our safety play has been atrocious for several years, outside of Hadden our CB play hasn’t been much better. I’m not saying banks hasn’t made mistakes but the best coordinators in this conference would look like morons with our players in their secondary. Not if you want to ask why we haven’t addressed house deficiencies via the portal, there we’re in absolute agreement.

VN Store

Back