8-4

I think some people are way underrating the difficulty of making the 12 team playoffs. Maybe 4 SEC teams at most make it some years, more like 3 usually. TN doesn’t look close to being in that top 3/4 anytime soon. Last season may have been the best chance to make a playoff for a while, and then South Carolina happened.
Looking at next year I see Bama, UGA, TX, Ole M, MIZ being really good like you said 3 maybe 4 SEC teams l likely get in and Tennessee & Oklahoma might have a chance that's 7 teams for 3 or 4 spots. Its according what QBs do for UT & OU that is the big question mark will Nico be generational red shirt Freshman and will Oklahoma be able to get a dynamic portal QB.

I’ll admit when he was hired I wasn’t thrilled. It was going to be a five year project then evaluate. Heupel has done nothing but exceed my expectations. Banks I think has been not as good but he has improved the defense every year. I think he was given the same grace as Heupel for the most part; he was told he would have time to get his players in place.
Banks has received no grace even though he's had the worse challenged to overcome on the defense. The offense was stocked with 1st and second round draft picks and the defense was has been starting and playing walk-ons.

Banks has received no grace even though he's had the worse challenged to overcome on the defense. The offense was stocked with 1st and second round draft picks and the defense was has been starting and playing walk-ons.
STOCKED with first and second round picks? Name them

With the retention of Martinez and Banks says a lot imo. While I like continuity as much as the rest, it doesn’t mean squat if it doesn’t equate to wins. I fear our secondary will still be bad. I think offensively we will be better. I believe Halze was handcuffed because of Joes inadequacies. But if things don’t change significantly on the defensive side of the ball, I don't see us making the playoffs.
We didn't have a nickel, corner or safety that could have started at UGA or Alabama. None of our secondary was top-notch in the past two seasons. Nobody. Doesn't that handcuff Banks in the completely exact same way that CJH (weird that's the same for the HC & the OC) was handcuffed this year by Joe's inadequacies? Don't you fear that the offense will still be as bad as it was this year? Or, since we've upgraded the talent at QB does it mean the coaching doesn't matter? Just trying to follow the logic...

The problem is people were expecting improvement on 11-2 which would pretty much mean a championship or playoff appearance. Everyone was hyping up how good we were going to be and how Milton was going to win the Heisman instead of looking at things objectively and realizing we had an uphill battle this season, which set a large portion of the fanbase up for a huge letdown and resulted in everyone turning on Heupel.

I'm not saying I'm ok with 8-4 forever and I've certainly been critical of things at times (especially the Florida game) and probably will continue to be. With that said, Heupel has earned time to get his guys in and develop them.
Yep, this is the one right here. ☝️ Them hopes got too high and the fall was too far. Now all of a sudden, it's Nico or bust. Funny how things can change from one year to the next.

Yep, this is the one right here. ☝️ Them hopes got too high and the fall was too far. Now all of a sudden, it's Nico or bust. Funny how things can change from one year to the next.
I think we can have a really good team next year but I'm not going to make any predictions just yet

VN Store

Back