95 alabama game

We played one more there in 97.

100% agree...Birmingham is a hell hole.

we have played the road Alabama games in Birmingham 41 times going back to the first game in 1901.

I never understood why the bammers didn't want us in Tuscaloosa. We never stopped playing them at Neyland every other year. I think thye were scared their whole stadium would be orange.
;)

My first UT game was Vols/Bama in 1979 at Legion Field. EDIT: I was just under 2 years old. (Math is hard at 8am)

I'm a veteran.
Buck Fama.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I hope you're being sarcastic.

Not at all.

I've never understood why we played Bama in knoxville, and then we had to play you guys in that s@&thole in birmingham.

Not being a jerk, I just never understood why.

Got any insights on that?

Not at all.

I've never understood why we played Bama in knoxville, and then we had to play you guys in that s@&thole in birmingham.

From about the mid-30s until the mid-90s, Bama played almost every significant home game at Legion Field. It had nothing to do with Tennessee.

Not at all.

The capacity of Legion Field was more than Bryant Denny and B'ham was easier to get to.

From about the mid-30s until the mid-90s, Bama played almost every significant home game at Legion Field. It had nothing to do with Tennessee.

Seems weak to me.

If I remember correctly, Bryant-Denney was a terrible stadium until the late 90's renovations when they started playing us there again.

Pretty much, just everything about you guys is lame to me.

Nothing personal.... ok ok.... it is personal.

:)

Reactions: 2 people
Seems weak to me.

If I remember correctly, Bryant-Denney was a terrible stadium until the late 90's renovations when they started playing us there again.

Nothing personal.... ok ok.... it is personal.

:)

Post more often eloist.

:toast:

Reactions: 1 person

I can see that. I'll bet UT's 38-50-7 record against Bama seems really lame.

*Edit: Tennessee officially has one more loss in the series than Bama has wins.

Last edited:
That is the lamest reasoning I've ever heard. So, is UT the 1st loser when it comes to Bama?

lol

who's side are you on guy?

Bama has owned the SEC since inception. This is a sad fact. Considering no other team in our league can claim to have beaten them more times than us, until we make up the difference, I can live with it.

lol

Bama has owned the SEC since inception. This is a sad fact. Considering no other team in our league can claim to have beaten them more times than us, until we make up the difference, I can live with it.

The barn has a better winning % against Alabama. But they got to avoid playing us in the 20s and 30s when we were really good and they weren't.

lol

If you went up to an unbiased person and made this statement they would look at you like you're from Mars.

Unbiased Person: "Alabama is pretty good."

UT Fan: "We've beaten Bama more than any other school."

Unbiased Fan: "WOW! That's great. What's the series record?"

UT Fan: "38-49-7."

Unbaised Fan: "Oh." :ermm:

It's the same argument with UK basketball.

Bama fans did not show up that night. It was basically a Tennessee home game.

That is completely untrue. The end of the game? Not very much crimson left.

I was sitting amongst a lot of Bama students thinking, "oh crap!"

The 1st play helped a ton. When the snowball got rolling it was awesome to hear the whining and complaining.

If you went up to an unbiased person and made this statement they would look at you like you're from Mars.

Unbiased Person: "Alabama is pretty good."

UT Fan: "We've beaten Bama more than any other school."

Unbiased Fan: "WOW! That's great. What's the series record?"

UT Fan: "38-49-7."

Unbaised Fan: "Oh." :ermm:

It's the same argument with UK basketball.

well thank the stars I am most certainly a BIASED person.

haha

Love me some Green Acres chicken down in West End in B-Ham. They made great catfish too. Just hated going to the ghetto to get that stuff. Anyone know if Green Acres is still there?

Edit: might not have been in West End....I can't remember. I just remember being nervous as hell going there. All I know is it was 94, they had like the 2nd highest crime rate nationally and it was scary as hell going there. But the food was fabulous.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back