95 alabama game

I think it was a 5yr for us after the 11, then they had about 6-7, plus including that idiotic tie, then we ran the 7, until 2002 where they one 1 in the midst of our 3. 2005 was vacated because they were caught cheating yet again. Then Saban shocked Phil in 07, and they are off to another run.

IIRC, 2002 is the only game in the history of the series that is not is a significant streak by either school. Interesting how except for that one year it has always been played in streaks.

'71-'81 (Bama 11 games)
'82-'95 (UT 4 games)
'86-'94 (Bama 8-0-1)
'95-'01 (UT 7 wins)
'02- Bama
'03-'04 (UT 2 wins)
'05-Bama
'06-UT
'07-'12 (Bama 6 wins)

I dont remember it that way. The section I was in had three Vols in it.

Now after the third quarter...yeh the place was ours.

We were 10-12k strong in the corner end zone. We were shaking the fence after the game and the cops were begging for us to rush the field. It was incredible! I was at the fence and I looked back and there were 10k vol fans still in the stadium. What an awesome night!

Reactions: 1 person
If you look at UT's record it's still counts. So, for the sake of simplicity, we'll just go with that.

If you look at bamas it doesn't count either. If its not counted as a bama win, then i'm not considering it a UT loss.

We shouldve won anyway.

If you look at bamas it doesn't count either. If its not counted as a bama win, then i'm not considering it a UT loss.

We shouldve won anyway.

It really doesn't matter whether you count it or don't count it, it's on UT's official record. Bama has 49 wins in the series, but UT has 50 losses.

This series is always streaky. We are in the middle of a Bama win streak, but things will change and Tennessee will turn it back around. On a side note Would anyone else, back in 1992, taken the over on a bet of 21 years until Bama and Tennessee meet in the SEC Chamionship? I would have lost the farm on that bet. Still can't believe there hasn't been a Bama/UT SECCG.

Lets say Saban has 10 more years at BAMA. I just don't think there's enough time.

10 years? I don't think so. 5 years with the success he's had and he'll go to the NFL.

And I know what you're going to say, but money talks and the Dallas Cowboys have a lot of it.

10 years? I don't think so. 5 years with the success he's had and he'll go to the NFL.

And I know what you're going to say, but money talks and the Dallas Cowboys have a lot of it.

What about Texas? They are going to can Mack Brown.
I can see them throwing 8 million/year at Nick.

This series is always streaky. We are in the middle of a Bama win streak, but things will change and Tennessee will turn it back around. On a side note Would anyone else, back in 1992, taken the over on a bet of 21 years until Bama and Tennessee meet in the SEC Chamionship? I would have lost the farm on that bet. Still can't believe there hasn't been a Bama/UT SECCG.

It's odd that none of the permanent cross-over rivals have met in the SECCG. Well, it's not odd that Vandy-Ole Miss and MSU-UK haven't met again, but you know what I mean.

As far as Bama and UT go, it seems like neither team wants to be any good at the same time as the other. The programs have only met as ranked opponents 3 times since 1997.

He'll be 67 years old in 5 years.

He'll be 67 years old in 5 years.

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you saying he'll be too old to coach at 67 years old?
That's just peachy with me.

As long as he leaves Bama, I could care less where he goes. (please God not Gainesville)

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you saying he'll be too old to coach at 67 years old?
That's just peachy with me.

No. The poster I was replying to said Saban would leave in 5 years, assuming continued success. I made mention of his age not because he couldn't coach at 67, but because there is no NFL team that is going to hire a 67 year old who hasn't already had a great deal of NFL success.

No. The poster I was replying to said Saban would leave in 5 years, assuming continued success. I made mention of his age not because he couldn't coach at 67, but because there is no NFL team that is going to hire a 67 year old who hasn't already had a great deal of NFL success.

gotcha. Not sure I agree, but thats a compelling argument.

I still see Texas making a run at Nick.
This is contingent upon the Horns bombing again this season, which doesn't seem unlikely.

gotcha. Not sure I agree, but thats a compelling argument.

I still see Texas making a run at Nick.
This is contingent upon the Horns bombing again this season, which doesn't seem unlikely.

There is no offer that Texas would possibly make that Alabama wouldn't match.

:realmad:Remember it like it was yesterday, we put a old fashion azz whipping whatever you wont to call it on them and the game was much worse than the 41-14 final score, little nicky day is coming his washing power team is going to get ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff up by the BIG ORANGE, cant wait to see that little smile come off little nicks face.

We'll see.

Texas has more cash than Bama, but keep telling yourself that you guys will keep him forever.

They have more cash, but unless they are going to offer 80 mill a year, how much they have isn't a huge deal. Bama would match anything Texas would offer.

We'll see.

Texas has more cash than Bama, but keep telling yourself that you guys will keep him forever.

We dont wont that little ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff her going anywhere, because when coach gets his recruits here, it will be so sweet to kick nicks azz, we are TENNESSEE we fear no one or no TEAM even little nicky team is going down when we get the boat sailing smooth, we are coming i know it looks a little slow but it will be worth the wait when we see little nicks face when we put a old fashion TENNESSEE azz kicking on that washing powder team, I HATE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFing bama :banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person
We dont wont that little ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff her going anywhere, because when coach gets his recruits here, it will be so sweet to kick nicks azz, we are TENNESSEE we fear no one or no TEAM even little nicky team is going down when we get the boat sailing smooth, we are coming i know it looks a little slow but it will be worth the wait when we see little nicks face when we put a old fashion TENNESSEE azz kicking on that washing powder team, I HATE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFing bama :banghead2:

You sound frustrated?

No, I don't get why you chose to quote that post. Nothing about the post you quoted suggested that I thought Bama "accomplished something" by beating UT over the past 4 or 5 years.

Ok since you still don't get it ill just say this. I did it to aggravate you and it looks like it worked!!!!

VN Store

Back