95 alabama game

That is the lamest reasoning I've ever heard. So, is UT the 1st loser when it comes to Bama?

Some bammers, especially the younger ones, like to think Tennessee is a sure win and on the same level as the vandys and ky's of the world. This argument is just to remind em that weve bloodied their nose more so than anybody...and will again.

Some bammers, especially the younger ones, like to think Tennessee is a sure win and on the same level as the vandys and ky's of the world.

Surely you can see how a young Bama fan might think that. Bama's current streak is the most lopsided in the series in over 100 years.

I remember surviving the 11 year streak...sux'd but I survived.

The seven year streak the Vols followed that up with said they survived too.

Love me some Green Acres chicken down in West End in B-Ham. They made great catfish too. Just hated going to the ghetto to get that stuff. Anyone know if Green Acres is still there?

Edit: might not have been in West End....I can't remember. I just remember being nervous as hell going there. All I know is it was 94, they had like the 2nd highest crime rate nationally and it was scary as hell going there. But the food was fabulous.

I think the whole city is a dump! Legion Field is in a horrible neighborhood. However, they did serve the best stadium dogs in the world back in the early '90s.

Some bammers, especially the younger ones, like to think Tennessee is a sure win and on the same level as the vandys and ky's of the world. This argument is just to remind em that weve bloodied their nose more so than anybody...and will again.

I just want to see UT level the series and take over. Then the numbers speak for themselves. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person

Actually, the Vols followed up the 11 game streak with a 4 game streak, then proceeded to hit another 7 game skid (9 game winless with the tie in '93). The Vols' 7 game streak came after going 4-19-1 over the previous 24 years.

I don't guess you've been to Montgomery. That place will make you lose faith in humanity. Its hard to believe its in the United States, its that bad.

Never stopped but been thru there on the way to Seagrove. Boss has to go to the beach every other year. She's gotten used to me cussing from the Tennessee border to fl.

I love how Bama fans think they have really accomplished something because they beat us in our worst years in school history.

Maybe you thought you were responding to something else, but you quoted my post listing the entire series record. Unless you are saying that Bama's wins came against the 49 worst teams in UT history.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe you thought you were responding to something else, but you quoted my post listing the entire series record. Unless you are saying that Bama's wins came against the 49 worst teams in UT history.

No I responded to the right one. Your most recent wins against UT came at a time when we were going 5-7 and 6-6 per year. Now do you get it?

No I responded to the right one. Your most recent wins against UT came at a time when we were going 5-7 and 6-6 per year. Now do you get it?

No, I don't get why you chose to quote that post. Nothing about the post you quoted suggested that I thought Bama "accomplished something" by beating UT over the past 4 or 5 years.

I think it was a 5yr for us after the 11, then they had about 6-7, plus including that idiotic tie, then we ran the 7, until 2002 where they one 1 in the midst of our 3. 2005 was vacated because they were caught cheating yet again. Then Saban shocked Phil in 07, and they are off to another run.

IIRC, 2002 is the only game in the history of the series that is not is a significant streak by either school. Interesting how except for that one year it has always been played in streaks.

VN Store

Back