A great read for those who mock the Ivy League

At one point I said, “Hey, I’m just an old guy sitting here with a bunch of smart people, but I think….” And they all smiled, some of them nervously because I was essentially an alien. I was an old dude with tattoos all over his arms and a Dutch Shepherd service dog, brandishing a subdued American flag patch on her harness, sitting next to me.

???

Disability assistance dog. I'll re-read to see what specifically it's for; it doesn't come to mind right now.

Interesting that a person that came in with a superiority complex about snowflakes and those that didn't serve in the military has one of these new aged service dogs in the classroom with him...

Interesting that a person that came in with a superiority complex about snowflakes and those that didn't serve in the military has one of these new aged service dogs in the classroom with him...

Depending on the condition, the dog is alerted before the individual is. Especially diabetes dogs. It's incredible.

Ok, I read the article.

Seems the dude is very self deprecating and everyone he met was so amazing and just awesome.

His lit professor was amazing.

His peers, while many spoke English as a second language, were amazing and it was obvious to him that his navy cussing was not going to fly....again bring self deprecating.

Glad he fit in. Seems everyone was just so amazing to him and he was happy to have their acceptance.

Ok, I read the article.

Seems the dude is very self deprecating and everyone he met was so amazing and just awesome.

His lit professor was amazing.

His peers, while many spoke English as a second language, were amazing and it was obvious to him that his navy cussing was not going to fly....again bring self deprecating.

Glad he fit in. Seems everyone was just so amazing to him and he was happy to have their acceptance.
I came away with the same vibe...

Reactions: NEO
The real snowflake test is to see what happens when he wears a red MAGA hat into his lot class.
That he might get some laughs would be appropriate. Of course wearing a MAGA hat into class would in most cases would be an act of provocation. At least by most that wear them

The real snowflake test is to see what happens when he wears a red MAGA hat into his lot class.

Or wearing the opposite equivalent into the Harvard College Republicans meeting.

Snowflakes exist on both sides.

And we see why you posted the article.
Just thought it was a good read. I realize there are misguided protesters at most colleges, especially the Ivy League. The sometimes conservative belief that it isn't a top tier education and that most professors attempt to indoctrinate is ignorant and silly.That you believe you know what I'm thinking is laughable. I get it though. You just know, don't you?

Reactions: NashVol11 and AshG
Just thought it was a good read. I realize there are misguided protesters at most colleges, especially the Ivy League. The sometimes conservative belief that it isn't a top tier education and that most professors attempt to indoctrinate is ignorant and silly.That you believe you know what I'm thinking is laughable. I get it though. You just know, don't you?

But you “know” someone wearing a MAGA hat is an act of provocation.

I get where you're coming from. I defend my dissertation in February and am hooded in May. All of my coursework has cleared despite my not having taken a single Liberal Indoctrination or Leftist Inculcation course or seminar.

Ultimately, one has to wonder why so many people end up center or center/left who have gone through a process that requires them to examine fact while documenting how they account for their personal bias. It's almost as if confronting one's own bias as bias changes how they think.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashVol11
But you “know” someone wearing a MAGA hat is an act of provocation.

In an environment where non-religious headwear is not part of the welcomed tradition, yeah. I ask kids to remove their hats all the time in my lecture hall no matter what is on them. If anyone makes a fuss about it, that's provocation.

Reactions: AM64
In an environment where non-religious headwear is not part of the welcomed tradition, yeah. I ask kids to remove their hats all the time in my lecture hall no matter what is on them. If anyone makes a fuss about it, that's provocation.

Then you’re part of the problem too.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Yes, for the most part. It's not particularly nice looking hat. I've always believed wearing something with a political slogan is inappropriate in certain settings.Same goes for left wingers who do the same. It's not like the slogan, "Make America Great Again", resonates with most Americans. Maybe half of those who voted for Trump would wear it.

Yes, for the most part. It's not particularly nice looking hat. I've always believed wearing something with a political slogan is inappropriate in certain settings.Same goes for left wingers who do the same. It's not like the slogan, "Make America Great Again", resonates with most Americans. Maybe half of those who voted for Trump would wear it.

Ok snowflakes

VN Store

Back