A shot at Oregon or Florida?

RedStickVOL

EE dbl S E Dbl N E T !!!
Just curious as to what, if anything, the Vols can do this Saturday to give you more confidence going into the Oregon and Florida games. I personally am skeptical that we can hang with Oregon. I'm a little more confident going into Florida, but that could change, for better or worse, depending on this weekend.

If we pitch a shutout against WKU, would that give you more confidence that we can beat either or both?

Would putting up 50+ points make any difference?

If we have 5+ sacks, would that give you more hope?

If we don't have any TOs or sacks?

Are you looking toward the LBs or the secondary?

The RBs or TEs?

Obviously better play from any of our units would make any of us feel better moving forward. I'm looking for what you specifically think could lead to a better result against Oregon and/or Florida.

While a solid win with no turnovers and limited penalties will give you hope, Oregon and Florida are different beasts than AP and WKU.

Reactions: 1 person
Just curious as to what, if anything, the Vols can do this Saturday to give you more confidence going into the Oregon and Florida games. I personally am skeptical that we can hang with Oregon. I'm a little more confident going into Florida, but that could change, for better or worse, depending on this weekend.

If we pitch a shutout against WKU, would that give you more confidence that we can beat either or both?

Would putting up 50+ points make any difference?

If we have 5+ sacks, would that give you more hope?

If we don't have any TOs or sacks?

Are you looking toward the LBs or the secondary?

The RBs or TEs?

Obviously better play from any of our units would make any of us feel better moving forward. I'm looking for what you specifically think could lead to a better result against Oregon and/or Florida.

Unless Oregon is the most overrated team of all time, they will beat the Vols by 3+ TDs and that's being generous. Florida will have to look like poop and UT like Alabama this week to say there is hope.

I fully expect this thread to be sandwiched between 2 "What UT needs to do to beat Vandy" threads.....only on VN!

If we run over WKY which I think we will and we play OR close which I think we will then we will beat FL which I think we will.

I hope we take PLENTY of oxygen tanks to Autzen...

Our boys will be winded...

Florida...I feel better about...but, not much better

I had a coach say this is the most important game of the year because it's the next one on our schedule. I am going to enjoy this season week by week. No offense to your question or anything. I am just happy its WKU week and look forward to Saturday. After the game, I will go into Oregon mode.

Reactions: 3 people
First and foremost, I want to see significant progression in the passing game, particularly in terms of timing between Worley and his young receivers. As Butch said, we need more "big, splash" plays. Over the course of the season, that will enhance the effectiveness of our running game and, thus, our chances of victory.

Sustained defensive pressure, particularly from big Dan, would obviously be highly desirable as well.

Reactions: 2 people
2 things I am worried about. Passing offense and Passing defense. I think since both games will be out Away games it will be much more difficult with this young team.
Oregon 47 UT 23
FL 35 UT 20

I don't think that what we witness Saturday will give us any cause for hope against the Ducks or Gators. I think Tennessee will be just as vanilla against WKU as they were against AP. It will be a struggle but I'm sure the Vols will eventually wear down and out-talent the Hilltoppers.

I hope we take PLENTY of oxygen tanks to Autzen...

Our boys will be winded...

Florida...I feel better about...but, not much better

This. Or have some Academy Award winning performances on defense to give our boys some much needed rest.

The Oregon game, not a chance.

However, the Florida game is possible. The only reason why people are high on WKU is because of their coach; it damn sure isn't talent.

We have talent and a good coach now. We have a coach who will get everything out of his players. That's really all we can ask.

Reactions: 2 people
A good D will shut us down, and hold us to about 10 points., not solded on Worleys passing when someone starts putting the heat on him.:unsure:

Personally concerned about our lack of QB pressure vs APSU. No sacks. Gonna need to fix that ASAP to have a chance to stay in both of these games. Hopefully Jacques and Vereen returning soon will help. Will not be good if we have to rely solely on blitzes and stunts to get pressure.

Personally concerned about our lack of QB pressure vs APSU. No sacks. Gonna need to fix that ASAP to have a chance to stay in both of these games. Hopefully Jacques and Vereen returning soon will help. Will not be good if we have to rely solely on blitzes and stunts to get pressure.

Not sure if serious

We never really rushed in that game (didn't have to) that's why we had no sacks. This D is a lot better than what we seen sat mark it down!

UT will get better with every game and this includes the losses. wk will prepare well for this game and they will play us hard but in the end we come away with a W. Our preperation for Oregon will be intense. On the flip side the ducks will want this win badly and prepare just as hard, we prob lose by two td's. It will be a miracle of a win if we win but even if we lose we will go into the next game with even more experience. That is what this season is. A building year. We will be a better more rounded team the second half of the season. We have the toughest schedule in the SEC. Oregon has one of the weakest schedules in all of college football. But there still a good team. Take each game one at a time and enjoy the process. This is not gonna be an easy year, but the future looks bright.

Reactions: 3 people
We have a better chance to knock off UF IMO. I just don't think we can match the ducks on offense.

Unfortunately we don't have the horses yet to compete with the top SEC schools.....3 more years and we will

All of you guys saying "no chance" must not have been around when we lost to Memphis. There is always a chance. A couple of turnovers in our favor is all that is needed. The odds may be against UT, but there is still a chance.

VN Store

Back