A shot at Oregon or Florida?

We only scored 27 against Bowling Green last year, but somehow managed to score 37 at UT and FSU.

Very trite Mr. Wright..but not very right, I would like to see how many points one of your foes puts on you in an early game of the year where your team switched to a 3-4 as opposed to the same thing you have been running for years. We had some talent, but a switch like that takes some time to get adjusted to. And obviously that has a lot to do with your DC, which was an idiot.

Tennessee always has a shot at winning , Unfortunately , we were very good at shooting ourselves in the foot past couple of years . Some say we shot ourselves higher and more to the centerline .

Last edited:
It's a double-edged sword, if we do bad, it wont matter, if we do good it wont matter. This is our game to lose. We won't lose, but the pressure is still no us. With that said, the best things that can help us are another low penalty/turnover game, no injuries and find some play makers.

How to beat Oregon and Florida. Take the kick off, score TD on first drive running at them old school SEC football by pounding them into the ground. Pressure QBs, force turnovers and run at them again and again until the can't stand up no more. Get up early and slow the game down and let the OL and RB dominate. Pass only when needed.
What they will do. stack the line to stop the run and get Worley and the receivers to beat them. Throw the ball all over the field at our corners.

Just curious as to what, if anything, the Vols can do this Saturday to give you more confidence going into the Oregon and Florida games. I personally am skeptical that we can hang with Oregon. I'm a little more confident going into Florida, but that could change, for better or worse, depending on this weekend.

If we pitch a shutout against WKU, would that give you more confidence that we can beat either or both?

Would putting up 50+ points make any difference?

If we have 5+ sacks, would that give you more hope?

If we don't have any TOs or sacks?

Are you looking toward the LBs or the secondary?

The RBs or TEs?

Obviously better play from any of our units would make any of us feel better moving forward. I'm looking for what you specifically think could lead to a better result against Oregon and/or Florida.

If we had Peyton Manning back at quarterback, I think we'd have a good shot at both!

Go Vols!!!

All of you guys saying "no chance" must not have been around when we lost to Memphis. There is always a chance. A couple of turnovers in our favor is all that is needed. The odds may be against UT, but there is still a chance.

Lol, that's when my husband quit being a VFL! and threw a set of keys through our tv.......oh, the memories of that loss

So what's FSU's excuse for giving up 37 points to an average UF offense that could only score 27 against BGSU?

Florida just sucks 1st game of the year? Injuries?

Could be the fact that FSU had a solid secondary and a suspect d-line. I mean let's not pretend like Driskel showed up...that game & season was all Gillislee and a good D.

If anything, I expect Florida to have more breakdowns in the D this year and having to rely on big plays from the O and Special Teams.

Our excuse now coaches for the Cowboys.

The funny thing is I don't think anyone with any rational brain power expects us to win either game. I think Oregon is a bigger stretch than Florida at this point--we'll see just how much improvement happens in game 2. I thought we had a decent shot at beating Florida last year and this year I still haven't seen what I thought from the Gators. It seems like they are still looking for playmakers at WR and TE but Muschamp doesn't complicate things for them on offense--he just runs the ball and plays good defense. It's that fact alone that gives me the reason why they are beatable.

VN Store

Back