A shot at Oregon or Florida?

All of you guys saying "no chance" must not have been around when we lost to Memphis. There is always a chance. A couple of turnovers in our favor is all that is needed. The odds may be against UT, but there is still a chance.

I agree. Sometimes teams make mistakes and beat themselves, and any given sat that can happen and if its us playing someone when that happens then boom there is an upset! So there is always that chance!

Reactions: 1 person
All of you guys saying "no chance" must not have been around when we lost to Memphis. There is always a chance. A couple of turnovers in our favor is all that is needed. The odds may be against UT, but there is still a chance.

4 or 5 posts up I said we probably lose to the ducks by two td's. just depends on our preperation and if they underestimate us. we may very well win. just have to wait till the game.

Any given Sunday.....Saturday???

Has been proven countless times that it can happen. The day they decided to stick two pointed ends on the ball, they forever added lucky bounces into the mix.

It could happen, against either the O or Fla.

Could.

AV

Reactions: 2 people
Personally concerned about our lack of QB pressure vs APSU. No sacks. Gonna need to fix that ASAP to have a chance to stay in both of these games. Hopefully Jacques and Vereen returning soon will help. Will not be good if we have to rely solely on blitzes and stunts to get pressure.

We actually had 2 sacks, both in the first half (while the starters were playing), and both without blitzing. Also, the A-P quarterback was usually under pressure (in the first half, anyway).

If we can get that kind of pressure against the "real" teams we play this year, our defense will improve more this season than anyone could have imagined!

Go Big Orange!

After watching UF last weekend, I feel way better about our chances. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us take down UF or USCe. I don't EXPECT us to beat either of them, but it really wouldn't surprise me. Oregon on the other hand...

Just curious as to what, if anything, the Vols can do this Saturday to give you more confidence going into the Oregon and Florida games. I personally am skeptical that we can hang with Oregon. I'm a little more confident going into Florida, but that could change, for better or worse, depending on this weekend.

If we pitch a shutout against WKU, would that give you more confidence that we can beat either or both?

Would putting up 50+ points make any difference?

If we have 5+ sacks, would that give you more hope?

If we don't have any TOs or sacks?

Are you looking toward the LBs or the secondary?

The RBs or TEs?

Obviously better play from any of our units would make any of us feel better moving forward. I'm looking for what you specifically think could lead to a better result against Oregon and/or Florida.

Oregon, I think we can run with. I think we will have to run the ball 40+ times against them and throw 10-15. Only way we stay in the game close is to run the brick down their throat. I think their offense is a lock to score every time. We just have to limit possessions.

Florida- I think we beat. You heard it here. I don't trust their offense enough to pull away. As long as we don't have any TO's, I think we beat them.

After watching UF last weekend, I feel way better about our chances. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us take down UF or USCe. I don't EXPECT us to beat either of them, but it really wouldn't surprise me. Oregon on the other hand...

Austin peay could blow out Florida and Florida would somehow become world beaters against us, and then lose every other game of the season

Would rather have the SEC win by Far....Is there anything to give me hope....It's college football so yes.....Things happen can happen on any given Saturday...

Austin peay could blow out Florida and Florida would somehow become world beaters against us, and then lose every other game of the season

i don't understand this sentiment.

on what occasions did florida play abnormally well against tennessee?

on what occasions did tennessee play abnormally poor against florida?

i don't understand this sentiment.

on what occasions did florida play abnormally well against tennessee?

on what occasions did tennessee play abnormally poor against florida?

I think he's saying we bring our best against Tennessee.

See also UGA fans during the late 90s/early 00s.

Oregon game, I expect something along the lines of 49-21. Close early, pull away late. Florida. 3-5 pt game as of right now. Undecided on the victor since I haven't seen UT or Florida play a competent opponent.

Just curious as to what, if anything, the Vols can do this Saturday to give you more confidence going into the Oregon and Florida games. I personally am skeptical that we can hang with Oregon. I'm a little more confident going into Florida, but that could change, for better or worse, depending on this weekend.

If we pitch a shutout against WKU, would that give you more confidence that we can beat either or both?

Would putting up 50+ points make any difference?

If we have 5+ sacks, would that give you more hope?

If we don't have any TOs or sacks?

Are you looking toward the LBs or the secondary?

The RBs or TEs?

Obviously better play from any of our units would make any of us feel better moving forward. I'm looking for what you specifically think could lead to a better result against Oregon and/or Florida.

I would be very impressed if they shut out WKU! I still don't think they can beat the Ducks or the Gators.

I think we will have a got shot at an upset against florida but it will take a big miracle and all the breaks to go our way to have a shot against the ducks. But u never no that's why they play the game TN has always been good in the underdog position. GO VOLS

The only to beat the ducks is to mash them and play keep away. Also, we have to create turnovers and not turn the ball over. It is mighty uphill battle but if we can't beat them then save the money and just stay home. Florida is a more plausible win in my mind after watching their first game.

"We step on their face with a hob nail boot!!!"

Sorry, saw the highlights yesterday...kinda stuck with me.

VN Store

Back