A thread for realistic fans...

This weekend I only hope to keep the game competitive.

It's not going to be an indication of anything other than will we play hard for all 4 quarters.

Either way I am still happy with Butch and the leadership he has shown. Simply don't have enough cards in the deck to compete with Oregon this year.

Love,

v520

That's about how I feel.

Reactions: 1 person
I can handle a loss this year as long as it isn't the result of (a) a LSU '10 ending; (b) a UNC at Music City bowl ending; (c) a Mt. Cody '09 ending; or (d) a Gaffney no catch TD ending.

Not sure if I've got what it takes to survive another one of those finishes.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
we have viewed way to many losses as a positive light, i think it's time to turn off the power and accept nothing less than wins.

when I was a young man a big bad dude decided he was going to do to me what he did to everybody else. He didn't like what he got and left in a hurry. Butch and his guys aren't going to accept a whipping before the game starts. Win lose or draw the VOLS will give it all they got.:mad:

It's not going to be an indication of anything other than will we play hard for all 4 quarters.

Either way I am still happy with Butch and the leadership he has shown. Simply don't have enough cards in the deck to compete with Oregon this year.

Love,

v520

F yo couch Enwurd. Just saying. GBO!

Love,

v520

Attachments

• tw8cbW8.jpg
    tw8cbW8.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 4
  • tumblr_ltuu45KuQG1qgzqnco2_250.jpg
    tumblr_ltuu45KuQG1qgzqnco2_250.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 4
  • tumblr_ltuu45KuQG1qgzqnco1_250.jpg
    tumblr_ltuu45KuQG1qgzqnco1_250.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Two years ago CBJ brought an undermanned team into our house and was on the receiving end of a 45-23 beatdown from a Doofus coached team. All other things being roughly equal, talent generally wins out. Having said that, I'm not sure the talent gap is quite as wide in this game, and with a smart game plan, a few breaks, and a sudden infusion of magic into Worley's right arm, we might just pull this off. Regardless, I'm still a solid 7-5 with an outside shot at 8-4 for the season.

Hate it when we don't stand a chance, I mean, no one ever bothers to watch the game....for instance, the 1986 sugar bowl, nobody....oh, wait....

Ok, like in 2004 after getting slaughtered by Auburn at home and UGA had destroyed LSU, we had to go to Athens with two freshmen QBs and we....oh, wait.....

Alright, they dang Notre Dame game up in South Bend, we got down early and never.....ah....won that one, too, huh?

Hey, they play the games for a reason. Sure, we could lose. Sure, we could lose bad. But we could also shock a LOT of people, too. Enough talk, let'em play!!!

I keep seeing these examples posted, and yeah I get it, but you realize those UT teams were actually good teams right?

I'm not saying this UT team isn't but we don't know yet. It's not exactly a fair comparison.

The 1985 Vols were SEC Champions.
The 1991 Vols went to the Fiesta Bowl.
The 2004 Vols won the SEC East and had already beaten Florida. Granted, a Ron Zook Florida but still, Florida.

Can we have a mod please change the name of this thread to:

" Thread for Women"?

I'd rather see fans clamoring for Kiffin to return than this baloney. When did our fanbase because such a bunch of scaredy cats?

English please.

I fully expect that Oregon is going to boat race us Saturday afternoon. However, that doesn't change the fact that I'm gonna be angry if and when my prediction comes true.

I expect the Vols to win every game! Is this reasonable? Not really! But it's been done before, it will happen again, someday. Probably not this year, but I'm not counting any game a loss before it's played.
GBO

As long as we don't have any injuries and show some form of improvement I'll be happy. If we do win I'll wire Mo Couch $1,000

Can we have a mod please change the name of this thread to:

" Thread for Women"?

I'd rather see fans clamoring for Kiffin to return than this baloney. When did our fanbase because such a bunch of scaredy cats?

Today I learned being realistic=feminine.

Reactions: 2 people
Boy bands.....these kids were raised on boy bands.....and vampires that sparkle. they are in desperate need of whiskey, metal, and a black eye they can laugh about.

Reactions: 4 people
I want to see us play fundamentally sound football. I don't want to see busted coverage, dropped passes, false start/delay of game penalties, missed tackles, etc.

If we can play fundamentally sound, even if we lose 48-17, I'll be excited to see improvement in the coming years when we finally get more depth.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Will have missed tackles.

I received 3-4 infractions last week from Volnation - I'm now assuming anything more offensive than 'dang' is a bannable offense.

null_zps01994c11.jpg

Love,

v520

You should change the thread title to 'Fans with severe depression'

I didn't try and come across as a negavol.

Oregon is simply better than us last year. I give us maybe a 10% chance at winning. I do like the way the season is going so far in terms of an effort standpoint and the discipline has vastly improved.

Also, just had to re-schedule a hair appointment w my boy Cosmo for Saturday at noon pacific time. So I may miss kick-off.

I have to do this as I am in my brother's wedding next week and I travel a lot for business so I can't show up as the best man looking like a cave man. Is what it is.

I'll prob bring in my IPAD so I don't miss anything.

VN Store

Back