A thread for realistic fans...

Hate it when we don't stand a chance, I mean, no one ever bothers to watch the game....for instance, the 1986 sugar bowl, nobody....oh, wait....

Ok, like in 2004 after getting slaughtered by Auburn at home and UGA had destroyed LSU, we had to go to Athens with two freshmen QBs and we....oh, wait.....

Alright, they dang Notre Dame game up in South Bend, we got down early and never.....ah....won that one, too, huh?

Hey, they play the games for a reason. Sure, we could lose. Sure, we could lose bad. But we could also shock a LOT of people, too. Enough talk, let'em play!!!

have watched not quite a HALF of UT's televised games. We play badly and I turn the TV off--cannot watch the bad football and the losing; it's too hard to take for this long after all our success in the 90s. I hope Butch can turn it around--he seems to have a lot of good coaching qualities and a solid staff. We need better players--simple as that.

have watched not quite a HALF of UT's televised games. We play badly and I turn the TV off--cannot watch the bad football and the losing; it's too hard to take for this long after all our success in the 90s. I hope Butch can turn it around--he seems to have a lot of good coaching qualities and a solid staff. We need better players--simple as that.

I always finish the games :peace2:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm tired of being a realist. I realized this morning that I am letting myself hope that we win tomorrow. It's a good feeling that hasn't been around for a while.

Reactions: 2 people
This weekend I only hope to keep the game competitive.

It's not going to be an indication of anything other than will we play hard for all 4 quarters.

Either way I am still happy with Butch and the leadership he has shown. Simply don't have enough cards in the deck to compete with Oregon this year.

Love,

v520

I agree with you except about one thing... this game is actually going to be a great indicator of where this years team is. Even if we lose, if our boys go all out for 4 quarters that's a good sign. If we play disciplined ball and stick to our assignments, that's a good sign. If we can establish the run and show signs of an improved pass game, that's a GREAT sign. These are the kinds of things I'll be looking at Saturday, if we win that's great but I don't expect us to, hell if we hold them under 50 and can score in the 20s I'll be satified.

I didn't try and come across as a negavol.

Oregon is simply better than us last year. I give us maybe a 10% chance at winning. I do like the way the season is going so far in terms of an effort standpoint and the discipline has vastly improved.

Also, just had to re-schedule a hair appointment w my boy Cosmo for Saturday at noon pacific time. So I may miss kick-off.

I have to do this as I am in my brother's wedding next week and I travel a lot for business so I can't show up as the best man looking like a cave man. Is what it is.

I'll prob bring in my IPAD so I don't miss anything.

:eek:hmy:

I realistically expect CBJ to kick some ass if our coaches or players are kicking our own. Mistakes will be the undoing in this game.

I can handle a loss this year as long as it isn't the result of (a) a LSU '10 ending; (b) a UNC at Music City bowl ending; (c) a Mt. Cody '09 ending; or (d) a Gaffney no catch TD ending.

Not sure if I've got what it takes to survive another one of those finishes.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

ADD TO THE LIST ----A MO sit on the ball and play for the overtime win...2012....dooleyism.....

I gonna wear Orange colored glasses I don't care what anyone says!!! GBO!! Any given Saturday!!

Reactions: 3 people
I gonna wear Orange colored glasses I don't care what anyone says!!! GBO!! Any given Saturday!!

I'm with the team, we've got nothing else to lose and no one else believes they can win. This week we are already in the news for negative publicity, are already a 30 point dog, and we have several players not making the trip due to injury or "issue". I hope they just have fun and enjoy it.

If Tennessee can make it through the 1st quarter without being overwhelmed, then they might be able to keep it close.

History says differently. Cue the 3rd quarter melt down. These guys will revert to what they know when they're on the ropes, and it's giving up. It will take longer than one off season for Butch to instill fight in them, IMO.

Just keep it competitive, I want to see improvement and not a complete melt down like the last few years. This will be a real test for BJ, if/how he holds the team together.

If you're having to live by the mentality of "any given Saturday" then you're just as realistic as the OP & pumping sunshine for the hell of it (not just you). True fans support the team through good times & bad.......doesn't mean you can't be critical & realistic.

You're kinda like a bad penny...

History says differently. Cue the 3rd quarter melt down. These guys will revert to what they know when they're on the ropes, and it's giving up. It will take longer than one off season for Butch to instill fight in them, IMO.

One thing missing that we have not seen in 5 years are half time adjustments......and serious coaching of a complete game....this team is not going to lay down on CBJ and staff.

Realistic fans? That's like:

Great Depression
Jumbo shrimp
Cruel to be kind
Pain for pleasure
Clearly confused
Act naturally
Beautifully painful
Painfully beautiful
Deafening silence
Pretty ugly
Pretty fierce