A Vandy Fan Opines On Tennessee Game This Year

SC is A winable game. Not just for Vandy but UT and maybe even Mizzou. Of the top 3 teams in the east they're the most likely to lose to someone below them. Vandy will win all their non conf games and beat Mizzou and Kentucky. They will lose to A&M, Georgia and Florida. Ole Miss and UT are toss ups!

Since they bought out two of them to create the biggest joke of a non-conf schedule in the BCS, and the biggest joke schedule in the SEC?

Two. Bought out. Banker down!

SC is A winable game. Not just for Vandy but UT and maybe even Mizzou. Of the top 3 teams in the east they're the most likely to lose to someone below them. Vandy will win all their non conf games and beat Mizzou and Kentucky. They will lose to A&M, Georgia and Florida. Ole Miss and UT are toss ups!

I don't think that VU is at the point where a "W" is a given with any SEC, sans UK. Mizzou may not have had the best SEC debut last season but they're no slouch.

The first game of the season for VU will be very telling, IMO. You guys escaped Oxford last year with a win, gutting it out in the 4th quarter over an Ole Miss team that was beginning to believe in Hugh Freeze.

However, the guys Ole Miss brought in has upgraded the talent in a lot of areas, some significantly. It'll be interesting for sure...

One thing that I'll do, compared to year's past, is root against VU, though. Its one thing to upgrade the rivalry but another to take shots and blatantly disrespect my University.

At the very least, I would respect Franklin had he owned up to recent comments via Twitter but the guy spun it worse than a politician when asked specifically about his comments regarding player's "settling in life" then acted (inappropriately I might add) as if he was being ambushed when someone had the stones to actually ask him about his comments.

Spurrier used to make comments akin to that all the time about UT (and occasionally still does, except its more towards Clemson now) and was unapologetic about them--even if I loathed what he was saying, I respected him for having the balls to say it.

Franklin on the other hand....

Reactions: 1 person
At the very least, I would respect Franklin had he owned up to recent comments via Twitter but the guy spun it worse than a politician when asked specifically about his comments regarding player's "settling in life" then acted (inappropriately I might add) as if he was being ambushed when someone had the stones to actually ask him about his comments.

Spurrier used to make comments akin to that all the time about UT (and occasionally still does, except its more towards Clemson now) and was unapologetic about them--even if I loathed what he was saying, I respected him for having the balls to say it.

Everytime Franklin runs his mouth, Vandy fans go home and giggle about their SEC "dominance." They don't realize that everyone else in the SEC sees them as clucking hens at the local beauty salon; a group that exaggerates their importance because they live in the pathetic echo chamber that is Franklin's rectum.

Everytime Franklin runs his mouth, Vandy fans go home and giggle about their SEC "dominance." They don't realize that everyone else in the SEC sees them as clucking hens at the local beauty salon; a group that exaggerates their importance because they live in the pathetic echo chamber that is Franklin's rectum.

I'm pretty only Volnation and UT care about Vandy. I'm willing to bet Vandy isn't brought up on Bama, Auburn, UGA, or UF boards.

I'm pretty only Volnation and UT care about Vandy. I'm willing to bet Vandy isn't brought up on Bama, Auburn, UGA, or UF boards.

You of course realize that Vaginabilt is indeed in the state of Tennessee? 3 hours from Knoxville, not in Alabama, Georgia or Florida. Could this possibly have anything to do with it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I don't think that VU is at the point where a "W" is a given with any SEC, sans UK. Mizzou may not have had the best SEC debut last season but they're no slouch.

The first game of the season for VU will be very telling, IMO. You guys escaped Oxford last year with a win, gutting it out in the 4th quarter over an Ole Miss team that was beginning to believe in Hugh Freeze.

However, the guys Ole Miss brought in has upgraded the talent in a lot of areas, some significantly. It'll be interesting for sure...

One thing that I'll do, compared to year's past, is root against VU, though. Its one thing to upgrade the rivalry but another to take shots and blatantly disrespect my University.

Spurriers a man. As you say, Franklin on the other hand.....

You of course realize that Vaginabilt is indeed in the state of Tennessee? 3 hours from Knoxville, not in Alabama, Georgia or Florida. Could this possibly have anything to do with it?

Plus there are alot of Tennessee fans that live in Nashville.

No, I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm willing to bet that Vanderbilt was hardly ever brought up prior to 2011 when Franklin showed up.

Lexington is only 3 hours from Knoxville. Is UK brought up on here as much as Vandy? NO!

Well put.

Vandy has always been in Tennessee and we have not been concerned with them in 70 years. They are bottom feeders in football.

Plus there are alot of Tennessee fans that live in Nashville.

There are a lot of UT fans in Atlanta. The bottom line is the dislike for Franklin. As I mentioned before, Vandy was never brought up in the off-season or regular season until the week UT played them. Then it was a matter of scheduling the social calendar around Nashville or Knoxville depending on where the game is being played.

The mere fact that this place is obsessed with their coach means he's doing his job. Face it, Dooley flamed this fire with his d-bag post game celebration speech after the 2011 game in which you would have thought UT won the damn Super Bowl.

Look at it this way, how would you want Butch to respond if after the UF game, if UF wins in OT, Muschamp celebrated like Dooley did and it went viral? I would want Butch to go on attack. Maybe I'm wrong.

Was last years UT team the worst in living memory,yes. Was last years Vandy team the best in living memory,yes. I think Vandy will win between 6 and 9 games in 2013. UT will win between 4 and 7 games in 2013. Vandy is on the way up to heights they've never reached before. UT has hit rock bottom and has to claw it's way back. It will take atleast 2 years for CBJ to get them back to A bowl game.

You're crazier than hell if you think Vandy will win between 6 and 9 games this year. Unless Franklin schedules division 2 schools on each of his games, then I don't see that happening.

No, I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm willing to bet that Vanderbilt was hardly ever brought up prior to 2011 when Franklin showed up.

Lexington is only 3 hours from Knoxville. Is UK brought up on here as much as Vandy? NO!

Again, Vaginabilt is in the STATE OF TENNEESEE. In addition to that, there is a classless SOB taking shots at UT and UT recruits. Do you really think UT fans are just gonna ignore and not fire back and point out that they are arguably the worst football program in the history of college football?Its called being a fan chief.

Btw, wonder if any Bama fans had anything to say about the West End Prick after his "Little Nicky Satan" comment?

There are a lot of UT fans in Atlanta. The bottom line is the dislike for Franklin. As I mentioned before, Vandy was never brought up in the off-season or regular season until the week UT played them. Then it was a matter of scheduling the social calendar around Nashville or Knoxville depending on where the game is being played.

The mere fact that this place is obsessed with their coach means he's doing his job. Face it, Dooley flamed this fire with his d-bag post game celebration speech after the 2011 game in which you would have thought UT won the damn Super Bowl.

Look at it this way, how would you want Butch to respond if after the UF game, if UF wins in OT, Muschamp celebrated like Dooley did and it went viral? I would want Butch to go on attack. Maybe I'm wrong.

You are vastly underestimating how many Tennessee fans there are in the Nashville area. In years past the media knew this. With our recent run of ineptitude combined with vandy's rise to "lower mid pack" the media here are cramming all things vandy down our throat.

We're absolutley sick of it.

You are vastly underestimating how many Tennessee fans there are in the Nashville area. In years past the media knew this. With our recent run of ineptitude combined with vandy's rise to "lower mid pack" the media here are cramming all things vandy down our throat.

We're absolutley sick of it.

Dead on. Add these dumbass arrogant fans over here, Athlon actually saying snakehead is the 5 th best coach in the SEC vs Butch at #11, somebody else saying Vaginabilts stadium is better than Neyland.... too much to bear over here. Sorry, gonna fire back to set the record straight.

Dead on. Add these dumbass arrogant fans over here, Athlon actually saying snakehead is the 5 th best coach in the SEC vs Butch at #11, somebody else saying Vaginabilts stadium is better than Neyland.... too much to bear over here. Sorry, gonna fire back to set the record straight.

Yep.

Dont forget Clay Travis either.

The only reason he's ranked 5th is because Vandy recorded 9 wins last year including 41-18 over UT. They're just looking at it on the surface never mind they didn't beat anyone worth a crap and UT mailed it in.

The whole stadium thread was wrong and proves my point that a thread could be started with the title of "Franklin said" and this place would go nuts.

If UT beats them on the field (hopefully convincingly...and doesn't behave like they've just won the lottery) then things will get back to normal.

Dooley created a lot of this Vandy hype after the '11 game. Win and don't make a big deal about it and the pot isn't flamed. Again, another reason for you Nashville folks to hate Dools.

The only reason he's ranked 5th is because Vandy recorded 9 wins last year including 41-18 over UT. They're just looking at it on the surface never mind they didn't beat anyone worth a crap and UT mailed it in.

The whole stadium thread was wrong and proves my point that a thread could be started with the title of "Franklin said" and this place would go nuts.

If UT beats them on the field (hopefully convincingly...and doesn't behave like they've just won the lottery) then things will get back to normal.

Dooley created a lot of this Vandy hype after the '11 game. Win and don't make a big deal about it and the pot isn't flamed. Again, another reason for you Nashville folks to hate Dools.

Confirmed from Nashville. Not fans of Dools. But not for what he said after the 2011 game. But for what he did afterwards.....

Yep.

Dont forget Clay Travis either.

I'm asking an honest question here. Was Travis a fan of Kiffin and did he have his radio show at the time? Most radio hosts like guests that move the needle. They don't care which way, just move. Franklin moves it. I would bet the Franklin segment ratings are very high on that show...mostly from UT fans.

I'm asking an honest question here. Was Travis a fan of Kiffin and did he have his radio show at the time? Most radio hosts like guests that move the needle. They don't care which way, just move. Franklin moves it. I would bet the Franklin segment ratings are very high on that show...mostly from UT fans.

Not sure if Clay was a Kiffin fan, honestly don't recall. Knowing him I would guess absolutely. You are right about Travis in that he definitely only gives a crap about controversial stuff that moves the ratings needle. I think he genuinely, somehow, likes Franklin tho which makes me further question both his character and manhood.

Not sure if Clay was a Kiffin fan, honestly don't recall. Knowing him I would guess absolutely. You are right about Travis in that he definitely only gives a crap about controversial stuff that moves the ratings needle. I think he genuinely, somehow, likes Franklin tho which makes me further question both his character and manhood.

He brings ratings and pays him. I would say that's all that matters. Afterall, he graduated from Vandy Law School. I'm sure he's a sneaky/ greedy bastage.

bastage.jpg

VN Store

Back