A Vandy Fan Opines On Tennessee Game This Year

This is for just for u. These are the records for some Tennessee football teams last year. 1. Vandy 9-4 with bowl win 2. MTSU 8-4 had A big win over Georgia Tech who beat former Vol favorite Lane Kiffen and they were screwed out of going to bowl 3. Tennessee 5-7 third straight losing season no bowl 4. Memphis 4-8 didn't get to play the Vols might have picked up A win there maybe! The point is during the 2012 season Vandy and MTSU were the best 2 football teams in Tennessee.

Since you're into records, toss out what UT, Vandy and MTSU's records are and how many bowls each have been to in the last 50 years. This should be fun.

Reactions: 1 person
Since you're into records, toss out what UT, Vandy and MTSU's records are and how many bowls each have been to in the last 50 years. This should be fun.

He only wants to talk about years that Vandy beat UT. He lives in some sort of leap-year universe where only one year per decade is worthy of discussion.

If U go back and look at my posts U won't see one negative thing about CBJ or the future of UT football. I defend James Franklin and Vandy because i'm A fan and they've done A hell of A job the last couple years. I'm A fan of MTSU, I should mention them more my wife just enrolled there. The reason I come on this forum is because i'm A fan and i'm interested in Vol football thats it!

I don't think I've accused you of running down CBJ. You have said negative things about UT the university and UT the football program. As a UT fan on a UT forum I don't appreciate it, especially since you once tried to pass yourself off as a fan.

This is for just for u. These are the records for some Tennessee football teams last year. 1. Vandy 9-4 with bowl win 2. MTSU 8-4 had A big win over Georgia Tech who beat former Vol favorite Lane Kiffen and they were screwed out of going to bowl 3. Tennessee 5-7 third straight losing season no bowl 4. Memphis 4-8 didn't get to play the Vols might have picked up A win there maybe! The point is during the 2012 season Vandy and MTSU were the best 2 football teams in Tennessee.

:lolabove: For real?? Tell me something, 6 months from now, when Vandy gets slapped back to reality, will you still grace us with your presence?

Last edited:
No AD? That's news to David Williams, their AD for several years now. I know as of a couple years ago he was the highest paid AD in the country. Think they dropped that stupid pc intramural-like position a few years back after Gordon Gee left for OSU.

Either way Vandy effing blows.

AD....athletic department. Their funding doesn't come from an AD. Williams' pay comes from the fact that he wears several hats. I stand behind my statement that Vandy does better in the SEC than they should, given circumstances. I still cannot fathom why they didn't bolt to the ACC years ago.

Reactions: 2 people
If U go back and look at my posts U won't see one negative thing about CBJ or the future of UT football. I defend James Franklin and Vandy because i'm A fan and they've done A hell of A job the last couple years. I'm A fan of MTSU, I should mention them more my wife just enrolled there. The reason I come on this forum is because i'm A fan and i'm interested in Vol football thats it![/

Code:

It doesn't mAtter thAt you hAvent posted Anything negAtive About CBJ or the future of UT footbAll. No one here AppreciAtes A vAndy fAn coming here And telling them thAt vAndy hAs much more to offer thAn UT or thAt vAndy is A superior progrAm And All thAt junk. Its BS AnywAy!

You're gonnA get cAlled out big time. Go stArt A vAndy forum And spreAd thAt crAp there. Go there And cAll CBJ A sob And sAy UT hAs no future for All I cAre. Just don't do it here.

What the A?!?!

AD....athletic department. Their funding doesn't come from an AD. Williams' pay comes from the fact that he wears several hats. I stand behind my statement that Vandy does better in the SEC than they should, given circumstances. I still cannot fathom why they didn't bolt to the ACC years ago.

You're right. I stand corrected. They still consider their athletic department, in traditional terms, dissolved, although they still refer to him as their AD. Scratching head now. I'm sure they're only smart enough to understand what the rest of us can't recognize as their brilliant plan.

They stay in the SEC football-wise to rake in bowl cash from everybody else's success. They're actually very good with their baseball program under Corbin.

Beyond that, gotta helluva women's bowling team (seriously).

Vandy getting the impression their opponents will start traveling better?

Vandy had several sell outs this year. The UT Vandy game was the first one i've been to where Vandy had more fans there than UT. Most SEC teams fans do travel well. South Carolina and Florida really stood out this year. My season tickets also went up in price.

Vandy had several sell outs this year. The UT Vandy game was the first one i've been to where Vandy had more fans there than UT. Most SEC teams fans do travel well. South Carolina and Florida really stood out this year. My season tickets also went up in price.

Vandy fans out number UT fans at the high school stadium on west end? Now I KNOW that's horse ****!!

Vandy fans out number UT fans at the high school stadium on west end? Now I KNOW that's horse ****!!

This past year I wouldn't doubt it. By that point very few UT fans gave a crap whether they won or not, with some openly wanting to see them get beat in order to seal Dooley's fate. Couple that with Vandy being in the midst of their best season in most people's memory and there probably were more Vandy fans at last season's game.

This past year I wouldn't doubt it. By that point very few UT fans gave a crap whether they won or not, with some openly wanting to see them get beat in order to seal Dooley's fate. Couple that with Vandy being in the midst of their best season in most people's memory and there probably were more Vandy fans at last season's game.

100% truth

It's true, it was probably a 60/40 split in favor of Vandy.

It was the most miserable game I've ever been to as a UT fan. Freezing cold, Vandy steamrolled us, and I got taunted on the way out by Vandy fans.

Hopefully CBJ will make sure it's another 30 years before they come close to beating us on West End again.

They had a few more, but good grief, Candy was having a once in a 100 year season and UT was having one of their worst ever and UT still had a good number of fans. Hell, Dooley's lucky we even showed up to watch that garbage. Biggest waste of $50 that I've ever spent. The players had already quit on Dooley and the game was decided before they even suited up. UT could've cared less.

UT had more people at the spring game today than Candy has in two to three games. If it weren't for the opposing team, they would never sell out. Check their attendance when they play an out of conference team. Pathetic.

Vandy fans seem to think it will take UT a decade to recover from Dooley while seeming to forget they were only 2 years removed from Robbie Caldwell when they beat Tennessee last season. Why is it they think coaching doesn't make a difference when they've seen it firsthand?

Also, ask Vandy fan what their biggest win was last year. Ole Miss? A 5 win UT team? Seriously, has any SEC team had an easier path to 9 wins in the history of the conference?

Lastly, they talk about the "blowout" last season but other than a quick 3 scores in the 3rd period, it was close the rest of the game. It was a 3 point game at halftime. Don't get me wrong, they won and deserve all the credit but this idea that they just manhandled UT all game long from start to finish is a bit misleading. UT had more first downs in that game but also more turnovers.

As a native Middle Tennessean, in rare times such as this, candy fans try to go ahead and get a good 20 years worth of smack talked before they reclaim their rightful dwelling at the bottom of the barrel. These idiots can say what they want, that little b!t34 franklin and his band of pansies are done before this year even gets started.

Vandy fans seem to think it will take UT a decade to recover from Dooley while seeming to forget they were only 2 years removed from Robbie Caldwell when they beat Tennessee last season. Why is it they think coaching doesn't make a difference when they've seen it firsthand?

Also, ask Vandy fan what their biggest win was last year. Ole Miss? A 5 win UT team? Seriously, has any SEC team had an easier path to 9 wins in the history of the conference?

Lastly, they talk about the "blowout" last season but other than a quick 3 scores in the 3rd period, it was close the rest of the game. It was a 3 point game at halftime. Don't get me wrong, they won and deserve all the credit but this idea that they just manhandled UT all game long from start to finish is a bit misleading. UT had more first downs in that game but also more turnovers.

Devils Advocate says Cordarrelle scored on a fluke play. Vandy defenders thought he was down. It all evens out.

Vanderbilt is not really one of my concerns. Dooley simply did not instill that winner mentality that Butch has infused in every team he's coached.

We will be fine.

Who cares what the Vandy fan thinks? Can this thread. It's a waste of bandwidth. I'm tired of seeing this thread's title.

Watched "Bad Santa" today...the bad-tempered hindu who accosted Billy Bob Santa IS james franklin! (was that clay travis sniffin' his jock?)

VN Store

Back