A Vandy Fan Opines On Tennessee Game This Year

and head to head recruiting in state.

Fact or Fiction?

Oh we will see about that. You are forgetting one very important point. We are Tennessee, and you are still Vanderbilt. So, bring your commode oars on down, and see when that full capacity crowd rattles your boys to the bone.

The new indoor practice facility will be done this year, as will new locker rooms! There are also plans to expand the seating for the stadium.

Expand?

The only thing worse in Nashville is Steiner Lift. As a matter of fact thats exactly where that stadium needs to end up. That place needs to be knocked down and start over.

Expand?

The only thing worse in Nashville is Steiner Lift. As a matter of fact thats exactly where that stadium needs to end up. That place needs to be knocked down and start over.

That is now PSC metals. They couldn't have thought if a worse place to put that eye sore. Every out of state passing motorist sees that the second they roll past Nashville.

That is now PSC metals. They couldn't have thought if a worse place to put that eye sore. Every out of state passing motorist sees that the second they roll past Nashville.

Thats true.

Maybe I got that backwards...instead of knocking down vandy's stadium and dragging it to PSC they could move PSC to west end.

He schedules a garbage ass season of opponents to ensure he has a decent
record. The dick with ears buys out the hard opponents and replaces them with scrubs, further assuring that garbage ass program of having "success". How many years in a row now has he avoided
Bama? He will get his ass whipped next time he plays them after his comments. Wonder why he had Vandy buy out the Ohio state game? Cause he would get that ass thumped that's why. Dudes a joke, and so is his sorry ass team

Goat brinin da noise... and the truth.

The new indoor practice facility will be done this year, as will new locker rooms! There are also plans to expand the seating for the stadium.
Sweet! More seats for Vol fans to buy out and turn Dud stadium in to a sea of orange every other year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He schedules a garbage ass season of opponents to ensure he has a decent
record. The dick with ears buys out the hard opponents and replaces them with scrubs, further assuring that garbage ass program of having "success". How many years in a row now has he avoided
Bama? He will get his ass whipped next time he plays them after his comments. Wonder why he had Vandy buy out the Ohio state game? Cause he would get that ass thumped that's why. Dudes a joke, and so is his sorry ass team

Goat brinin da noise... and the truth.

UT fans should never talk about another team buying out of a game...EVER! See UNC 2011.

Also, Vandy got thumped by Bama in 2011 and Bama was on their schedule for 2012 before Mizzou and aTm forced the schedules to be re-done. Make no bones about it, Bama would have hammered them but to say "he" (Franklin) is avoiding Bama is just plain dumb considering "he" (Franklin) doesn't make the SEC schedule.

UT fans should never talk about another team buying out of a game...EVER! See UNC 2011.

Also, Vandy got thumped by Bama in 2011 and Bama was on their schedule for 2012 before Mizzou and aTm forced the schedules to be re-done. Make no bones about it, Bama would have hammered them but to say "he" (Franklin) is avoiding Bama is just plain dumb considering "he" (Franklin) doesn't make the SEC schedule.

Dude, what's up with all the Vandy apologists stuff? So Vandy didn't buy out the OSU game? Come on man. We get a freakin mulligan regarding anything that happened during Dooley regime. Nobody wanted to buy out that NC game, couldn't explain it other than Dooley being in the mix.

Dude, what's up with all the Vandy apologists stuff? So Vandy didn't buy out the OSU game? Come on man. We get a freakin mulligan regarding anything that happened during Dooley regime. Nobody wanted to buy out that NC game, couldn't explain it other than Dooley being in the mix.

Not being an apologist for Vandy. Just speaking the truth.

Yes, Vandy bought out of the OSU game. But making fun of them for doing that when UT bought out of UNC is a bit hypocritical. YES...Dooley is to blame. That was very sad. I'm really glad UT is still playing at Oregon.

Consider this too. As bad as Dooley was, Vanderbilt only managed to beat him once. We were just as bad (if not worse) in 2012 as we were in 2010 and 2011, and yet, Dooley only lost to Vanderbilt one time, in what turned out to be his very last game ever as a head coach. It was clear that Fooley and the entire team and coaching staff did not even prepare for that game. Fooley wanted to make sure UT showed him the door. It is time to step away from the crack pipe, 'dores fans. Vanderbilt will not, I repeat NOT beat us again for a LONG LONG LONG time.

Basing any future predictions off of last years game is foolishness. Last years game has to be viewed in its context. The whole week leading up to that game, the only thing anyone was focused on was, when is Dooley going to be fired. Had to be an immense distraction for the team.

Vandy should compare its games against UGA and USC against Tennessee's performance against those teams to get some perspective.

Vandy is not and will never be more talented than Tennessee.

Perhaps not. But they're using the talent better recently. I think Vandy beats UT again this year. Way too early to tell about next. I know you guys hate him, but if we were talking about two different schools you'd have to admire the job Franklin's done at a private school with no AD, in the SEC. But I don't expect him to be there much longer.

Perhaps not. But they're using the talent better recently. I think Vandy beats UT again this year. Way too early to tell about next. I know you guys hate him, but if we were talking about two different schools you'd have to admire the job Franklin's done at a private school with no AD, in the SEC. But I don't expect him to be there much longer.

How many teams has he beaten that were above .500 for the year he beat them? One does not have admire that.

Not being an apologist for Vandy. Just speaking the truth.

Yes, Vandy bought out of the OSU game. But making fun of them for doing that when UT bought out of UNC is a bit hypocritical. YES...Dooley is to blame. That was very sad. I'm really glad UT is still playing at Oregon.

We tend to lean hypocritical on this Vol message board...like it that way...want a neutral board?...get your FREAK on and start one!...I'm sure it will be successful!....(cue maniacal laughter)

We tend to lean hypocritical on this Vol message board...like it that way...want a neutral board?...get your FREAK on and start one!...I'm sure it will be successful!....(cue maniacal laughter)

Then don't get bent out of shape when things are thrown back in your face. Not you, specifically, but those Vol fans that lean to the hypocritical side.

How many teams has he beaten that were above .500 for the year he beat them? One does not have admire that.

I'll answer my own question.

Last year, Vandy 9-4

Beat FCS Presbyterian
Beat 5-7 Missouri
Beat 3-9 Auburn
Beat 1-11 UMass
Beat 2-10 Kentucky
Beat 7-6 Ol Miss
Beat 5-7 UT
Beat 5-7 Wake Forest
Beat 7-6 NC State

2011:

Beat:

Elon
7-5 Conn Huskies
2-10 Ol Miss
3-9 Army
5-7 Kentucky
6-7 Wake Forest

As a HFB Coach, Franklin has won three games against teams with a winning record. Three. So no. No, I don't have to admire what he's done at Vandy.

Edit: As a matter of fact, he has beaten no one above a 53.84% winning percentage, while playing incredibly weak OOC games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Vandy is Vandy no matter how you cut it.

They have sucked for years and will continue to suck into the foreseeable future!!! Tennessee on the other hand will return to the top of the SEC in time whether it is with CBJ or another coach. We will get back whereas Vandy will never even get there.

Then don't get bent out of shape when things are thrown back in your face. Not you, specifically, but those Vol fans that lean to the hypocritical side.

I'm not a big fan of UT buying out NC. With that said, I'm not so sure that the 'hypocritical' card can be played between Vandy's buyouts, and UT's buyout-- especially considering the strengths of schedule for the years in question.

Here's the schedule that UT was left with after the (single) buyout-- one of the toughest in football, which included Cinci, UF, UGA, SC, BAMA, LSU, and a really good Arkansas.

Date Opponent Time/Result 09/03/2011 Montana 42-16 (W) 09/10/2011 Cincinnati 45-23 (W) 09/17/2011 at Florida 33-23 (L) 09/24/2011 Open --- 10/01/2011 Buffalo 41-10 (W) 10/08/2011 Georgia 20-12 (L) 10/15/2011 LSU 38-7 (L) 10/22/2011 at Alabama 37-6 (L) 10/29/2011 South Carolina 14-3 (L) 11/05/2011 Middle Tennessee 24-0 (W) 11/12/2011 at Arkansas 49-7 (L) 11/19/2011 Vanderbilt 27-21 (W) 11/26/2011 at Kentucky 10-7 (L)

Here's the schedule that Vandy is left with after buying out TWO games (Northwestern and OSU):

Hint, no Bama, no LSU... It would be interesting to consider the strength of schedules for the two schedules AFTER the dropped games-- and then consider that UT dropped one and left a pretty strong OOC team, along with brutal conf schedule. Then consider that JF dropped TWO games and kept a woeful OOC.

Thursday
08/29/13 Ole Miss Rebels
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN 8:15 p.m. CT
ESPN Buy
Tickets
Saturday
09/07/13
austin-peay1.gif
Austin Peay Governors
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
09/14/13 at South Carolina Gamecocks
Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
09/21/13 at UMass Minutemen
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA TBA --- Saturday
09/28/13 UAB Blazers
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN TBA Buy Tickets Saturday
10/05/13 Missouri Tigers
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
10/12/13 --- Open Date --- --- Saturday
10/19/13 Georgia Bulldogs
10/26/13 at Texas A&M Aggies
Kyle Field, College Station, TX TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
11/02/13 --- Open Date --- --- Saturday
11/09/13 at Florida Gators
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
11/16/13 Kentucky Wildcats
11/23/13 at Tennessee Volunteers
Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
11/30/13 Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN TBA Buy Tickets

I never lose it on here...sports are supposed to be fun...when we start poisoning trees intervention is needed

James Franklin squirmed out of two games to get this OOC schedule, coupled with the easiest SEC schedule for the year.

Vanderbilt's 2013 non-league schedule now features Austin Peay, Massachusetts, UAB and Wake Forest. That should be enough for James Franklin to keep convincing everyone Vanderbilt is the next Stanford.

Vanderbilt drops games with Wildcats, OSU - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Also considering the fact that he dropped NW after they absolutely brutalized them last year, it's very apparent Franklin is doing this because he needs a patty-cake schedule to keep fooling the world into thinking he is something he is not, and Vandy is something they are not.

Again: JF has beaten no team with above a 54% winning percentage-- ever. He bought out two games in 2013 to get more beatable teams as notches on his paper gun belt.

Reactions: 2 people

David Williams is their AD. Matter of fact as of 2 years ago he was the highest paid AD in the country. Changed structure back to normal from that PC crap a few years back. Also, they have endless cash. Private school also means they don't have to make public the financials public schools do. I've heard it said Franklin is the highest paid football coach in the state of Tennessee, including Butch and Mike Munchak.

Also, I don't admire ANYTHING about Franklin. The way he goes about his job with the level of arrogance and condescension that he does trumps all else. He's won the last 2 years with Bobby Johnson's players. Johnson was a decent man, I admired him and the job he did taking Vandy to their first bowl game in decades, not Franklin.

I never lose it on here...sports are supposed to be fun...when we start poisoning trees intervention is needed

LMAO. The Bama fan base will never live that tree killing down. It's ashamed too, because the Bama fans that I know are good people who would give you the shirts off their backs. Of course, that's just the ones I know. The good Bama fans are few and far between and the rest of the fan base are whack jobs who would punch their own grandmothers in the face. Anyway, that tree killing did more than just kill trees. It killed the Alabama/Auburn rivalry. I'm concerned that one day, some rabid fan is going to take things a step further and actually hurt a player or coach.

VN Store

Back