A Vandy Fan Opines On Tennessee Game This Year

Don't try and tell that to anyone on this site. For a team that has had 3 winning seasons in the last 8 years, the arrogance from some members of the UT fanbase is appalling. Does UT have a significant advantage historically in this series? Obviously. Does UT have a higher ceiling and much bigger upside going forward? Sure. But at this moment Vanderbilt has a superior team to UT and it's entirely reasonable to expect they can beat UT both this year and next. Beyond that is impossible to predict.

I was on board with your objectivity until your second to last sentence. You cannot be objective in college football and try to predict TWO years out. You are talking about a difference in a team of roughly 50% over a two year span.

The score on the field means that last year Vandy was better than UT. Hats off to venting some of that frustration. Put this stuff into perspective. If UT beat Florida 50-0 next year, would any real UT fan think that suddenly we have the advantage to turn the series around over night?

As I type that, I realize that the answer is yes. UT fans would be convinced that the everything has changed and that we would beat Florida every year based on that single performance. I guess I get where Vandy is coming from, but when applying some objectivity to the situation you see how silly that extrapolating out from one game is.

I think they come in 5-5

In looking at Vandy's schedule for next year before the game with UT I see wins over Austin Peay, U Mass, UAB, Kentucky and the game with Missouri I see as a tossup. They will lose to Ole Miss, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas A&M and Florida. Spelling this out for the genious Vandy fan, this means that the commode doors will be either 4-6 and at the best 5-5 when they come to visit Neyland.

Reactions: 1 person
In looking at Vandy's schedule for next year before the game with UT I see wins over Austin Peay, U Mass, UAB, Kentucky and the game with Missouri I see as a tossup. They will lose to Ole Miss, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas A&M and Florida. Spelling this out for the genious Vandy fan, this means that the commode doors will be either 4-6 and at the best 5-5 when they come to visit Neyland.

the ole miss game is critical for both programs. if Vandy loses, then it could be a disappointing and long season for their "fans."

alternatively, ole miss and hugh freeze need to win to prove that they are the real deal.

a must win for both teams = an entertaining football game.

Franklin should have left after this last season. He may not have many opportunities available to him after this season.

Reactions: 2 people
the ole miss game is critical for both programs. if Vandy loses, then it could be a disappointing and long season for their "fans."

alternatively, ole miss and hugh freeze need to win to prove that they are the real deal.

a must win for both teams = an entertaining football game.

The Vandy game is a problem for Ole Miss because the teams will have such different perspectives on the matchup. It would be a good win for Vanderbilt, and an understandable loss. Whereas, for Ole Miss, it would not be a particularly good win, and an inexcusable loss. Vandy is all downside for Ole Miss. At best, Ole Miss will be looking to put the 'Dores back in their place, but this should be kind of a private motivation, because it's not cool to get all pumped up for Vanderbilt.

Don't try and tell that to anyone on this site. For a team that has had 3 winning seasons in the last 8 years, the arrogance from some members of the UT fanbase is appalling. Does UT have a significant advantage historically in this series? Obviously. Does UT have a higher ceiling and much bigger upside going forward? Sure. But at this moment Vanderbilt has a superior team to UT and it's entirely reasonable to expect they can beat UT both this year and next. Beyond that is impossible to predict.

Congrats. That next to last sentence puts your post in the pantheon of post stupidity next to anything OskieVolum has ever written.

Reactions: 2 people
The Vandy game is a problem for Ole Miss because the teams will have such different perspectives on the matchup. It would be a good win for Vanderbilt, and an understandable loss. Whereas, for Ole Miss, it would not be a particularly good win, and an inexcusable loss. Vandy is all downside for Ole Miss. At best, Ole Miss will be looking to put the 'Dores back in their place, but this should be kind of a private motivation, because it's not cool to get all pumped up for Vanderbilt.

I agree and disagree.

Right now, sports media is slurping up stories about Vandy and Ole Miss. They're both perennial door mats who've made some noise recently. They're also conveniently permanent cross-division rivals (you get that Vandy? your cross-division rival is Ole Miss, this another reason why we don't respect you). Additionally, it's the first conference game of the season.

A close game does nothing for either program as far as national perception. However, a big win for either will likely be spun in the southeast as evidence that crappy team A has separated itself from crappy team B.

For Vandy, a loss to Ole Miss makes it harder to find wins in the remainder of their SEC schedule. Maybe Kentucky? Maybe Missouri? Maybe Tennessee? So that's 5 OOC wins and possibly 0 SEC wins. That's a pretty big step back for a "program on the rise." Especially now that all of Bobby Johnson's "crappy players" are gone.

I went to the Vandy Game, simply said UT didn't get off the bus. Pride was not at the game for UT Players, beaten and knowing that coach change was in the process the players gave half the effort.

But did you see VANDY after the game, you would have thought they just won the SEC that game.

Good for them but last year they also played teams at the that had key players out, like Mizzo starting QB. Lets see what happens this year when they don't have Rogers running the Offense, they will struggle just as we will.

Vandy has been blessed with a mature team starting on Saturdays, I believe that will be a little different this year since the recruiting promising playing time.

I went to the Vandy Game, simply said UT didn't get off the bus. Pride was not at the game for UT Players, beaten and knowing that coach change was in the process the players gave half the effort.

But did you see VANDY after the game, you would have thought they just won the SEC that game.

Good for them but last year they also played teams at the that had key players out, like Mizzo starting QB. Lets see what happens this year when they don't have Rogers running the Offense, they will struggle just as we will.

Vandy has been blessed with a mature team starting on Saturdays, I believe that will be a little different this year since the recruiting promising playing time.

You evidently missed UT's post game celebration after beating Vandy in 2011. You would have thought UT won the Super Bowl.

Reactions: 3 people
The love affair w/CJF will be over by November when Vandy is still looking for their 1st SEC win.

Congrats. That next to last sentence puts your post in the pantheon of post stupidity next to anything OskieVolum has ever written.

We lost every quality player off a team that lost by 30+ points to Vandy last year. Kind of hard to make a strong case that they aren't the superior team at this moment. I'm sure we'll pass them back by, but its going to take a little time.

We lost every quality player off a team that lost by 30+ points to Vandy last year. Kind of hard to make a strong case that they aren't the superior team at this moment. I'm sure we'll pass them back by, but its going to take a little time.

we also lost Sal

VN Store

Back