Aaaaaannnnndddddd ...he makes it worse

Oooooo! "assessment based on evidence"...that just sounds profoundly mature and sexy. Were the agencies that made these assessments based on available evidence the same ones that Bush and the whole damn coalition based their Iraq Gulf War plans on? Hmmmmmn?

No.

Reactions: 2 people
Trump provides us with a bountiful harvest of things to object to.

Yeah, it's very very terrible, so much to object to:

Media blackout: Trump’s 60-point accomplishment list of ‘American Greatness’

500 DAYS: In his first 500 days in office President Donald J. Trump has achieved results domestically and internationally for the American people.

• Since taking office, President Trump has strengthened American leadership, security, prosperity, and accountability.
  • After 500 days, the results are clear: the American economy is stronger, American workers are experiencing more opportunities, confidence is soaring, and business is booming.
  • President Trump has re-asserted American leadership on the world stage, secured vital investments in our military, and stood up against threats to our national security.
  • President Trump has put the American people first and made government more accountable.

Yeah, it's very very terrible, so much to object to:

Media blackout: Trump’s 60-point accomplishment list of ‘American Greatness’

500 DAYS: In his first 500 days in office President Donald J. Trump has achieved results domestically and internationally for the American people.

• Since taking office, President Trump has strengthened American leadership, security, prosperity, and accountability.
  • After 500 days, the results are clear: the American economy is stronger, American workers are experiencing more opportunities, confidence is soaring, and business is booming.
  • President Trump has re-asserted American leadership on the world stage, secured vital investments in our military, and stood up against threats to our national security.
  • President Trump has put the American people first and made government more accountable.

1370.gif

Reactions: 3 people
On the issue of giving us things to b**ch about, Trump just tweeted that the press is the enemy of the people and that he wants another summit with his overlord

The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media. I look forward to our second meeting so that we can start implementing some of the many things discussed, including stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear proliferation, cyber attacks, trade, Ukraine, Middle East peace, North Korea and more. There are many answers, some easy and some hard, to these problems...but they can ALL be solved!

[twitter]1019938748413435910[/twitter]

The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media. I look forward to our second meeting so that we can start implementing some of the many things discussed, including stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear proliferation, cyber attacks, trade, Ukraine, Middle East peace, North Korea and more. There are many answers, some easy and some hard, to these problems...but they can ALL be solved!

I'm sure CNN and others will play this same video all day today

Reactions: 1 person

Sorry did not see this already posted. I made a new thread on it. Maybe some Libs will see it better as a result. Not that it will matter to them. The truth never does.

Some of the meat from the article and it is a good read.

I don’t know whether Putin can be reasoned with. But I believe that if anyone can do it, Donald Trump can. This is what made me think this past week of all those litigations I helped to resolve. Negotiations are often fluid. They take time and patience, as well as threats and flattery, and they cannot be successful under a microscope.

Stated differently, Trump knows how to negotiate, and his skills cannot be assessed midstream -- because midstream is often muddy and muddled. Trump’s efforts this week were just a beginning. His public praise of Putin and giving moral equivalence to Putin and our intelligence services were not to state truths but to influence Putin’s thinking in order to bend Putin's will -- eventually -- to his own.

But the neocons in Congress will have none of this. The power of American arms-makers is formidable and profound. They have acolytes in all branches of the federal government. They depend on the threats of foreign governments to animate taxpayer funding of their armaments.

They know that Russia is the only threat in Europe, and they fear that if President Trump reaches a meaningful rapprochement with President Putin, there will result a diminished American appetite for their weaponry.
Where does this leave us? We have impatient media that hate the president, a bipartisan majority in Congress beholden to the military-industrial complex, and a president who knows more about negotiating with bad guys than any of them.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back