Aaaaaannnnndddddd ...he makes it worse

I actually had no problem with him dumping on the intelligence community in the first place, since i view them as an untrustworthy black box, black ops secret society that eschews transparency and oversight. So, i didn't have a problem with him publicly disagreeing with them.

My point was exactly what I wanted to say. He was advised that he had made a mistake by publicly distancing himself from them. He showed that he could hear and respond to criticism. That's what i was encouraged to see. If you want more from me, you'll need to shop elsewhere.

You were encouraged to see him respond to his criticism (that he was in denial about Russian meddling and distanced himself from our Intel communit) by lying (saying that he simply misspoke) and never actually admitting he was in denial or wrong about the intel.

That is what was encouraging to you.

Fascinating.

Reactions: 6 people
Yes, he was absolutely right. As Donald Trump likes to point out, no vote tallies were changed as a result of Russian interference (although, they did try to). There is still no evidence that anyone voted illegally either.

So we can tell Crazy Bob to go home, it was just a drill?

You were encouraged to see him respond to his criticism (that he was in denial about Russian meddling and distanced himself from our Intel communit) by lying (saying that he simply misspoke) and never actually admitting he was in denial or wrong about the intel.

That is what was encouraging to you.

Fascinating.

You're still pretty slow on the uptake, I see. I was very specific about what i found encouraging without endorsing anything else in the scenario. That's why i was very specific, and started what i was encouraged by.

I would draw you a chart, but I'm too lazy and you're just looking for something and someone to gnash your teeth at and about.

Reactions: 1 person
So we can tell Crazy Bob to go home, it was just a drill?

No... Mueller is investigating a lot of things related to Trump's ties to Russia and I don't think he is done. After Trump's performance yesterday, it's going to be a tougher sell to convince Congress that Mueller shouldn't be allowed to complete his investigation.

In the words of our own Bob Corker, "Something just doesn't seem right about Trump and Russia."

You're still pretty slow on the uptake, I see. I was very specific about what i found encouraging without endorsing anything else in the scenario. That's why i was very specific, and started what i was encouraged by.

I would draw you a chart, but I'm too lazy and you're just looking for something and someone to gnash your teeth at and about.

He misspoke, right?

Reactions: 3 people

Bruh, this is an all time spin. You are free to expound if you found my interpretation of your statement misleading. I just added the specifics, the actual facts, to your explanation of why it was encouraging to you. When the specifics are added, it no longer seems so encouraging. I acknowledge why you would want to avoid them all together.

Reactions: 5 people
No... Mueller is investigating a lot of things related to Trump's ties to Russia and I don't think he is done. After Trump's performance yesterday, it's going to be a tougher sell to convince Congress that Mueller shouldn't be allowed to complete his investigation.

In the words of our own Bob Corker, "Something just doesn't seem right about Trump and Russia."

Remind me, how do you know this, being that he’s not a target? I mean I know you have fantasies of that, but where’s the evidence? You do realize you can’t “look for”crimes, right?

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, he was absolutely right. As Donald Trump likes to point out, no vote tallies were changed as a result of Russian interference (although, they did try to). There is still no evidence that anyone voted illegally either.

No, this sounds like a President who had no intention of holding Russia responsible at all for their interference into the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, which has contributed to the deterioration of the relationship between our two countries. He didn't misspeak. His comments, as given yesterday at the press conference, were 100% consistent with this tweet.

So they meddled; it didn't change anything; but we must continue the Inquisition. Damn where's "knock it off" girl when you need her? Oh, yeah, on the other side.

To the last part. Bob Corker's never seemed right himself.

He misspoke, right?

I personally don't think so. As he was speaking, i figured he was doing damage control. But i saw trump as a liar before today, so wasn't surprised. I wish he weren't but as I've said repeatedly the past 24 hours, politicians are liars. And As I said, at least he showed today that he can take criticism and make course corrections. I wasn't sure before today.

Now, i see you and the rest of the manufacturer outage Bunch here as hypocrites of the highest order. You all spent 8 years making excuses for your arrogant liar in chief, but act like toddlers about Trump. You all will lose your stuff over anything he does, so we can't take you at face value about anything to do with our president. As far as I'm concerned, you're a poisoned well.

Bruh, this is an all time spin. You are free to expound if you found my interpretation of your statement misleading. I just added the specifics, the actual facts, to your explanation of why it was encouraging to you. When the specifics are added, it no longer seems so encouraging. I acknowledge why you would want to avoid them all together.

As I said, I can be encouraged by one aspect of today without endorsing anything else. See my response to BB above. If you take issue with my limited approval, feel free to consider the fact that I don't care and i wasn't asking your approval when I posted it.

I personally don't think so. As he was speaking, i figured he was doing damage control. But i saw trump as a liar before today, so wasn't surprised. I wish he weren't but as I've said repeatedly the past 24 hours, politicians are liars. And As I said, at least he showed today that he can take criticism and make course corrections. I wasn't sure before today.

Now, i see you and the rest of the manufacturer outage Bunch here as hypocrites of the highest order. You all spent 8 years making excuses for your arrogant liar in chief, but act like toddlers about Trump. You all will lose your stuff over anything he does, so we can't take you at face value about anything to do with our president. As far as I'm concerned, you're a poisoned well.

There you go... That wasn't so hard now, was it? :)

Reactions: 4 people
There you go... That wasn't so hard now, was it? :)

I don't think you ever asked. You ignored what I'd written and inferred. It was too fun trying to teach you some critical thinking in the school of hard knocks.I

Next time, just ask. It truly wouldn't be that hard if you would.

So they meddled; it didn't change anything; but we must continue the Inquisition. Damn where's "knock it off" girl when you need her? Oh, yeah, on the other side.

To the last part. Bob Corker's never seemed right himself.

I disagree... I think he calls it like he sees it and he has been a good Senator. You will miss him if Bredesen takes his seat (and Trump may not like Corker, but if that happens, he will miss him too).

For the record, the only Republican that I have ever voted for was Bob Corker over Harold Ford Jr. in 2006 - and I feel even better about that vote now, than I did at the time. Corker is fiscally responsible.

I disagree... I think he calls it like he sees it and he has been a good Senator. You will miss him if Bredesen takes his seat (and Trump may not like Corker, but if that happens, he will miss him too).

For the record, the only Republican that I have ever voted for was Bob Corker over Harold Ford Jr. in 2006 - and I feel even better about that vote now, than I did at the time. Corker is fiscally responsible.

Well, Corker or just about anybody else over Harold Ford was a no brainer.

On the lying, all politicians lie but holy crap he is in a class by himself. Every day. All the time. About everything. He's absolutely shameless.

Well, Corker or just about anybody else over Harold Ford was a no brainer.

As someone who used to live near Memphis (Collierville) and had to see that family in the news over one ridiculous story of corruption after another just about every night... I would agree.

As I said, I can be encouraged by one aspect of today without endorsing anything else. See my response to BB above. If you take issue with my limited approval, feel free to consider the fact that I don't care and i wasn't asking your approval when I posted it.

That's fine. You've just set the bar incredibly low for encouraging behavior from a POTUS, which is really something considering I believed that bar was already pretty low to begin with.

Last edited:
As someone who used to live near Memphis (Collierville) and had to see that family in the news over one ridiculous story of corruption after another just about every night... I would agree.

I'm at the other end of the state from Memphis, but he made headlines here frequently, too. Apparently the guy just didn't have it in himself to stay our of trouble.

On the lying, all politicians lie but holy crap he is in a class by himself. Every day. All the time. About everything. He's absolutely shameless.

Have you ever thought of just creating an "LG's daily gripe thread"? Save a bit of bandwidth?

Reactions: 2 people
Gimme a call when you can bro. Praying. In your corner.

Please dont ever stop bro. Prayers from friends and family are the wings that lift up others in distress, confusion, and pain. I have always said, and I very much mean that the kindest thing 1 person can so for another is to earnestly pray for them. When we are broken, beaten, and low...we are many times powerless and so are the ones that love us...but the 1 that we pray to is never overwhelmed, never surprised, never confused, and never wrong. A petition for His intervention is a powerful thing. I want to thank you again, for always helping me and mine in that way...as well as your kind words. I hope when you get to Glory, He says "well done my good and faithful servant!" I believe that He will, my brother. I know that is what you desire, and I believe you "study to show yourself approved, and rightly divide the Word of Truth." Proud of you, because I actually know you. Don't really care what others think about my admiration for a brother in Christ and a friend. I'll call when i have time to talk for a bit.

VN Store

Back