according to ATL radio station lane Kiffin

That's B.S. bro. Ole Miss was stupid to get rid of him. I'm not on the cutcliffe wagon. I just wanted to make the point that he's as proven as Kiffin. Personally, I don't have Kiffin in my top 5. (Cutcliffe either)

He accomplished nothing without Eli (and not a whole lot with him) and left the cupboard completely bare for Ed Orgeron.

That's B.S. bro. Ole Miss was stupid to get rid of him. I'm not on the cutcliffe wagon. I just wanted to make the point that he's as proven as Kiffin. Personally, I don't have Kiffin in my top 5. (Cutcliffe either)

yeah he sure left the roster stocked with 5* at OM

point taken but how long had it been since OM had a respectable season before he took over. I'm not trying to argue.....would you rather me say hell no I don't want cutcliffe?

point taken but how long had it been since OM had a respectable season before he took over. I'm not trying to argue.....would you rather me say hell no I don't want cutcliffe?

My humble opinion is Cutcliffe is an extension of the same thought that has been around. Time for totally new blood.

They went 8-4 in 1997. Tuberville had them doing OK.

I agree...don't really know why I went on a rant about the duke coach. I don't think he sucks...but I don't want him back either.

WLAC Nashville has been 10 minutes on him. Sounds like he is worth a look.:eek:k:

In retrospect, I find it rather surprising that we haven't mentioned him previously. I guess you could view his offense as incapable of succeeding against great defenses in the SEC, but it seems to be doing just fine in the Big 12 (and a lot of people said that about C.U.M.)...so I guess that wouldn't hold a lick in an argument.

Bring over a harrell and crabtree combo and we're out of the gutter...

Never said I liked Saban but his accomplishments speak for themselves. He is at Bama and would not come to Tennessee. You read too much into one comment which says alot about you too. The man turned around MSU, LSU and now Bama. Deal with it.

No, you didn't come right out and say you "liked Saban", but you made a point about Bama being ranked #2. Given UT's struggles, and Saturday night's result, it sounded a lot like an endorsement.

Yes, he is at Bama. Make the money right, and he's wearing orange tomorrow.

Maybe I did read too much into your comment. On blogs, we are known by our words. I've made bad posts. Nothing I've ever read that you posted, before that one, raised my hackles. This one did. Point made. Not my place to throw the first stone.

I'll be the first to say that Saban can coach. I'll concede MSU, but go ask LSU and Miami fans what he said right before he left. Ask them if they would welcome him back. Wear a raincoat when you do it.

Nick Saban is clearly a good coach, perhaps even a great one. I just have a problem with a "gypsy" as head coach at UT, which Nick Saban clearly is.

We need another Pearl. There's one out there. We just have to find him.

Florida did. So can we.

go vols.

No, you didn't come right out and say you "liked Saban", but you made a point about Bama being ranked #2. Given UT's struggles, and Saturday night's result, it sounded a lot like an endorsement.

Maybe I did read too much into your comment. On blogs, we are known by our words. I've made bad posts. Nothing I've ever read that you posted, before that one, raised my hackles. This one did. Point made. Not my place to throw the first stone.

I'll be the first to say that Saban can coach. I'll concede MSU, but go ask LSU and Miami fans what he said right before he left. Ask them if they would welcome him back. Wear a raincoat when you do it.

Nick Saban is clearly a good coach, perhaps even a great one. I just have a problem with a "gypsy" as head coach at UT, which Nick Saban clearly is.

Florida did. So can we.

go vols.

:hi:

Florida did. So can we.

go vols.

LSU fans would take Saban back in a heartbeat. They badmouth him because they know he's not coming back, just like he's not coming to UT.

wasn't "The Program" loosely based on Saban and his NCAA violating teams?...........Sorry, wrong decade.

According to what Josh Ward and John Pennington today theyconfirmed a callers question that Lane Kiffin and his agent were questioned as to their interest in the Tennessee Job. You Know I don't hate that! Iobviously want to dream and say Gruden (highly unlikely) Or even Pay Money grabbers like Saban $1 more than he is making at Alabama. Jimmy hyams said he doesn"t have a buyout clause in his contract that either party school or him could terminate contract anytime!

Huh? What are you trying to say?

In English, please.

In retrospect, I find it rather surprising that we haven't mentioned him previously. I guess you could view his offense as incapable of succeeding against great defenses in the SEC, but it seems to be doing just fine in the Big 12 (and a lot of people said that about C.U.M.)...so I guess that wouldn't hold a lick in an argument.

Bring over a harrell and crabtree combo and we're out of the gutter...

Disagree. He hasn't found the recipe to beat the true powerhouses in the big 12, tejas and oklahoma, any more often than fulmer can beat the likes of florida, lsu, auburn & georgia. If you want a circus side show, Leach is your man, if you want a team that will give out a beat down on both sides of the ball he's not. We're Tennessee, so no Leach.

Disagree. He hasn't found the recipe to beat the true powerhouses in the big 12, tejas and oklahoma, any more often than fulmer can beat the likes of florida, lsu, auburn & georgia. If you want a circus side show, Leach is your man, if you want a team that will give out a beat down on both sides of the ball he's not. We're Tennessee, so no Leach.
Leach has beaten OU two of the last three and carried the lead into the fourth quarter in the one they lost.

He accomplished nothing without Eli (and not a whole lot with him) and left the cupboard completely bare for Ed Orgeron.

Has ANYONE recruited really well at Ole Miss...ever? That school will never have the big money or top facilities when competing against all the big sec programs. You'll never a ton of good recruits there, I dont care who the coach is.

Try to keep things in context. It is OLE MISS...not exactly a top destination for most 4* and 5* recruits.

VN Store

Back