according to ATL radio station lane Kiffin

Has ANYONE recruited really well at Ole Miss...ever? That school will never have the big money or top facilities when competing against all the big sec programs. You'll never a ton of good recruits there, I dont care who the coach is.

Try to keep things in context. It is OLE MISS...not exactly a top destination for most 4* and 5* recruits.

Ed Orgeron just did a good job recruiting.

Leach has beaten OU two of the last three and carried the lead into the fourth quarter in the one they lost.

I don't think Leach's system can sustain success in a top conference. It hasn't proven that it can thus far, and history has proven that pass-happy, mediocre defense teams just don't win championships, Tech included.

Has ANYONE recruited really well at Ole Miss...ever? That school will never have the big money or top facilities when competing against all the big sec programs. You'll never a ton of good recruits there, I dont care who the coach is.

Try to keep things in context. It is OLE MISS...not exactly a top destination for most 4* and 5* recruits.

Ed Orgeron did a pretty good job recruiting.

I don't think Leach's system can sustain success in a top conference. It hasn't proven that it can thus far, and history has proven that pass-happy, mediocre defense teams just don't win championships, Tech included.
Exactly how many conference titles has Tech won with any system?

You act as if Mike Leach wakes up in the morning and says, "God, I want my defense to be mediocre." The defenses are mediocre because you can't get elite talent to come to Lubbock.

i wouldn't mind getting Kiffin if he brings his dad hereAnd hire Al Borges for OC I'd be "Happy"(he did wonders for Jason Campbell).....
Al Borges is a clown. It's not by happenstance he hasn't gotten a job of any importance since Auburn tanked him.

Leach has beaten OU two of the last three and carried the lead into the fourth quarter in the one they lost.

And has only gone out and made every team they have played this year look ridiculously stupid with their offense that averages 48 ppg, including their 63-21 massacre of Kansas last week.

So a side show, no...more like an offensive juggernaut that has done a whole lot more than Phil this year. The meat of their schedule will decide how they turn out.

I'm not saying we should hire him, I'm just saying that it is surprising that no one has mentioned him.

...and oh yeah, what hatvol said

Lubbock ain't exactly known as a program with a whole lot of rich history

Forget pass happy systems. If we wanted one of those, Mike Hamilton should return Hal Mumme's phonecalls.

Last edited by a moderator:
And has only gone out and made every team they have played this year look ridiculously stupid with their offense that averages 48 ppg, including their 63-21 massacre of Kansas last week.

I watched that game...the only thing that stopped their offense was the time clock...at the half and at the end

Leach has been at Tech since 2000, plenty of time to compete for and win a championship, which he has not.
Fair enough. Now you can join me in ripping anyone who tries to pass Bobby Johnson or David Cutcliffe as good coaches. Neither of them have ever won squat.

Forget pass happy systems. If we wanted one of those, Mike Hamilton should return Hal Mumme's phonecalls.

One could argue that Cut's offense was quite pass happy last year...

Last edited by a moderator:
who would every1 have as thier top 3 canidates?

mine are:

kiffen
Butch Davis
Pererson

in no particular order

You act as if Mike Leach wakes up in the morning and says, "God, I want my defense to be mediocre." The defenses are mediocre because you can't get elite talent to come to Lubbock.

No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that he's had 8 years to figure out how to get a good defense on the field, which he hasn't. And from those who know better than me, Leach just doesn't spend a lot of energy on D.

TCU has less talent than Tech and yet has been known to play good defense against texas and oklahoma.

Fair enough. Now you can join me in ripping anyone who tries to pass Bobby Johnson or David Cutcliffe as good coaches. Neither of them have ever won squat.
I want none of the david cutcliffe redo again in knoxville. I think we've had enough hiring from within to last a lifetime. The stress would probably kill cutcliffe anyway.

No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that he's had 8 years to figure out how to get a good defense on the field, which he hasn't. And from those who know better than me, Leach just doesn't spend a lot of energy on D.

TCU has less talent than Tech and yet has been known to play good defense against texas and oklahoma.
TCU has, and has had, more defensive talent than Tech for a long time.

One could argue that Cut's offense was quite pass happy last year...

I don't want Cutcliffe anywhere near Knoxville again, either. 10-4 should not be the norm. Hell, neither should 11-3.

That's as far as Mumme ball will take anyone. Short of another Peyton Manning, you are putting too much on the shoulders of a qb, and there is none that can play that way week in and out in the SEC with it's speed.

I'm a big Gary Patterson fan, but Oklahoma had almost 400 yards of offense against TCU in the first half this year.

VN Store

Back